Man Dies After Jumping In Front of Moving Bus on Sukhumvit Road

webfact

Man Dies After Jumping In Front of Moving Bus on Sukhumvit Road
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

suk.jpg
Police at the scene after a man reportedly died by jumping in front of a 511 bus on Sukhumvit Road on Jan.6.

BANGKOK — A 29-year-old man died after he reportedly jumped in front of a bus during the Sukhumvit rush hour on Wednesday morning.

The air-conditioned bus number 511, which was traveling from Samut Prakarn to Bangkok’s southern bus terminal was forced to stop on Sukhumvit road in Bangna district.

The bus driver, Narong Tonthongkham, 52, said the bus was decelerating as it was approaching the bus stop when suddenly a man jumped in in front of it. Being hit by the left front wheel, the man died immediately amid the screams of passengers on the crowded bus.

The deceased was identified as Sarawut Chancaeng, 29. Police.Lt.Worawit Meekham from Bangna police station said some locals claimed the man was mentally-ill and regularly seen crossing the road back and forth in that area.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1452060456

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-06

The man reported to be mentally ill. That's just something they guess, because he was wandering around like one. No proof. He jumped out in front of the bus.Thus suicide. People taking suicide are cowards. They are thinking about the people/ family they leave behind. What about the poor chauffeur who might be ruined for life and passengers on the bus. Did he think about those? To take suicide is a easy away out of problems and leave problems to others. So in my eyes a coward.

The man reported to be mentally ill. That's just something they guess, because he was wandering around like one. No proof. He jumped out in front of the bus.Thus suicide. People taking suicide are cowards. They are thinking about the people/ family they leave behind. What about the poor chauffeur who might be ruined for life and passengers on the bus. Did he think about those? To take suicide is a easy away out of problems and leave problems to others. So in my eyes a coward.

"......some locals claimed the man was mentally-ill and regularly seen crossing the road back and forth in that area."

Mental illness can be responsible for very tragic events. It can make a person totally unaware of their actions.

Nonsense. People who commit suicide are not cowards, they are either mentally ill or have no wish to live any longer. It actually takes guts to kill yourself…unlike us keyboard warriors who hide behind screen-names.

Just something they guess?

Unless you know a lot more about the guy who died then I'd be inclined to believe the locals who see him daily.

Suggest you read up on mental illness and what it can do to a person.

I have a friend here in Thailand who suffers from schizophrenia. The treatment is very basic and the consequences terrible to observe.

After reading about the positive tourist and economic forecast for the coming year...the man felt like...if they are right...then I am superman...so to prove his point he jumped out in front of the bus to stop it with his mighty body made of steel...oops!...likely the other forecasts will be wrong also...wai2.gif

Without being there one can't know, but we do know for certain that these bus drivers drive at stupid speeds in the morning (any time) and for him to be charged with reckless driving makes it odds on it was not suicide, just the poor guy doing the usual and trying to get accross the road in heavy traffic. NB there are some sick b...tds on this forum.

Edited by MiKT

The bus driver was charged with reckless driving resulting in death !

How bizarre.

First thoughts; sadness for the relatives of the deceased.

Had to read the full article to believe your post.

Yes how bizarre.

What a terrible thing for the driver and passengers to witness before their eyes but what a double whammy for the driver to be charged like this.

Hope he gets off the charge of course but what a worrying complicated and maybe costly legal procedure ahead for him too.

Coward.

What an appalling comment about a man reported to be mentally ill.

I'm not really sure who the coward is supposed to be?

The coward is the person who sits on their bum, hiding behind their computer, criticizing those less fortunate than them. TV is full of them.