Inherit property - can I stay?

Well, I know that I cannot own land. And also I know that if I inherit properties I have to sell them within 12 months.

And also I know that I can have an usufruct to secure staying in "my" house.

What I don't know: Do you have experience/knowledge in this matter? Does the Land Office approach the widower and force him to sell? If he cannot sell, how will they satisfy him? Will they give him the market price? And how to set that price?

Or is it just a hoax and nobody will bother him? And he can stay until he dies? And who will get the property then?

Please I appreciate serious answers.

When inheriting land in Thailand as a Foreigner, you never actually 'own" the land as in being the registered owner as such and if is not sold within the 12 month period the land office will take control and sell on behalf of the deceased.

Probate has no limit in Thailand,

When you inherit, you just never bother to complete probate.

Then the house stays in the dead persons name, with you the eventual inheritor.

Land office can't sell anyones house.

Post a link to one story anywhere showing it did.

When inheriting land in Thailand as a Foreigner, you never actually 'own" the land as in being the registered owner as such and if is not sold within the 12 month period the land office will take control and sell on behalf of the deceased.

As I stated THIS I know. The question is who will sell the property? The Land Office? I have never heard of this. This is why I asked for KNOWLEDGE. So you can't give me any PROOF ?