60 Day Tourist Visa

Hi There,

Am a Canadian wondering about the different options for obtaining a 60 Day Tourist Visa? Does a 90 Day one exist, or is 60 days the most you can get at one time?

Have been looking online and found a visa run company that goes to Cambodia, but it's a 3 night/4 day trip that costs 6800 baht! Surely there are cheaper options?

Any and all help is much appreciated, as my current visa runs out Jan. 16! Thank you!

A tourist visa can be obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in any of the nearby countries.

All tourist visas provide an initial stay of 60 days which can be extended by 30 days at any immigration office for a fee of 1900 Bht.

Many people choose Vientiane or Penang as places to obtain a tourist visa.

Costs will vary according to where you are based and whether you choose to travel by road using a company, fly or use other public transport.

Wherever you go will require at least one overnight stay because nowhere offers a same day visa service.

• Like 1

"... nowhere offers a same day visa service." Except some of the honorary Thai consulates, such as the one in Portland, Oregon, done while you wait.

Mac

That's as maybe !

I do not think the OP wishes to travel to Oregon and a one day visa service is unavailable SEA .

• Like 1

"... nowhere offers a same day visa service." Except some of the honorary Thai consulates, such as the one in Portland, Oregon, done while you wait.

Mac

"the one in Portland, Oregon, done while you wait."

That would be quite a visa run.

Thanks everyone! From reviews I've read, Singapore and KL are out! Also, Oregon would be the visa run of all visa runs haha. Is it always a next day pick up or do you have to wait two days sometimes? Looks like I could potentially do it a bit cheaper on my own (flights/accomodation), but the process seems a bit overwhelming as a first timer, so think I may just go with a visa run company to Laos, even though it's almost 6000 baht! Anyone know of the cheapest/quickest option?? Many thanks!

In Vientiane it is always next day pickup unless you go on a Friday. The embassy in Phnom Penh is the only nearby location where it takes longer which can be up to 3 days.

The 6000 baht price you mention also includes the Lao visa on arrival and the tourist visa totals to 2500 baht.

You could go by bus or train to Nong Khai from Bangkok. Cost of both depends upon the class you get for the trip.

I would guess transport, hotels, meals and etc would come to about 2500 baht doing it yourself.

Hi There, am just wondering what the consensus is on getting back to back 30 day extensions? The reason I ask is that while I would like to do the 60 day Tourist Visa, I don't really have 3 free days, as I'm here ultimately to play soccer and preseason trials are starting now. My current visa expires Jan 16 on my Canadian passport. I first came in mid November and got the 30 day visa upon arrival. Then last month I went to the embassy, paid 1900 baht and got that extended 30 days. Could I go and do the same thing, get that 30 day extension from last month extended another 30 days? Thank you!!

Hi There, am just wondering what the consensus is on getting back to back 30 day extensions? The reason I ask is that while I would like to do the 60 day Tourist Visa, I don't really have 3 free days, as I'm here ultimately to play soccer and preseason trials are starting now. My current visa expires Jan 16 on my Canadian passport. I first came in mid November and got the 30 day visa upon arrival. Then last month I went to the embassy, paid 1900 baht and got that extended 30 days. Could I go and do the same thing, get that 30 day extension from last month extended another 30 days? Thank you!!

The only extension you can now get is for 7 days (1900Bht) during which time you must leave Thailand.

@Swampdonkey what do you mean by, "an additional 7 days to leave the country"?? I would pay 1900 baht and that would only give me 7 more days in the country, or I have to leave the country for 7 days before I come back??

7 more days in Thailand

So if I were to leave the country and come back, would that be considered a new entry then? If I flew to Singapore or took a bus to Laos, would I be given another 30 day visa upon arrival when I return??

Since you are Canadian (G7 country) you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry (not a visa on arrival) at a border crossing.

You could fly out and back to any nearby country and get a new visa exempt entry,

Thanks guys! @ubonjoe What is the difference between the 30 day visa exempt entry and the visa on arrival? Is there a limit to how many times (or times in a row/between visas) I can enter on the 30 day visa exempt entry?

Thank you very much!

A visa on arrival is only for 15 days after paying a 1000 bath for it and is only available for those from certain countries.

There is no written limit on visa exempt entries. After 6 the officer will get an alert so he can check to see if your trying to live here on them.