They got me again

TheCruncher

So did you pay more for the product than you would have done later elsewhere?

Do you know how much an article will be priced next week or the week thereafter.

By the way your question is irrelevant and off topic, because the topic is about how they fool customers into believing an article is in promotion by using false pricing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you were going to buy it anyway, and it cost you the same as it would have done elsewhere?

Please step on your bike and leave this thread, because I answered you already that I was NOT gonna buy it anyway, and I have no idea how much it would have cost me at the time that I ran out of the product that I still had at home.

Tell me this discussion is just a put-on ... to see how many others will go along. Or did I accidentally stumble on a thread from an online microeconomics class?

If not, we get it. You're upset because you didn't catch the pricing confusion until you went home.

So sorry. But I hate to see your reaction when you're really ripped off lol. (Psst:Don't return home. They do the same in other countries.)

I hear that Tai Chi or meditation helps center oneself

Tell me this discussion is just a put-on ... to see how many others will go along. Or did I accidentally stumble on a thread from an online microeconomics class?

If not, we get it. You're upset because you didn't catch the pricing confusion until you went home.

So sorry. But I hate to see your reaction when you're really ripped off lol. (Psst:Don't return home. They do the same in western countries.)

I hear that Tai Chi or meditation helps center oneself!

@theCruncher - glad to see you're still in there, battling away. You have the patience of a saint. clap2.gif

But I think too many people have completely missed the point of your OP, so I'd give it away, if I was you.

Please explain the point, it's obvious Cruncher cannot.

There's no need for a conspiracy theory. If it bothers u enough, why not go back to the store .. and ASK

It isn't the fact you lost money, it's that ur making a big deal for pennies.

Priorities?

It's what we Yanks call "making a mountain out of a molehill."

Some people just enjoy majoring in minors. If someone believes that this is a problem or concern, I can't imagine what a real problem would be to that person.

Well cool down guys: this happens in Europe as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most people not really check about the increase of prices while buying on offers and think it's cheap but the content is less!

So that's why in Germany all price tags at the shelves must show the price per 100 gramm or per kilogramm.....anyway if you not compare you fall in the trap!

Maybe already stated by someone, Ferraro Rocher Chocolate, these round lovely chocolates are a favorite of my gf. I don't remember the exact pricing but my gf would normally buy a 5 pack. She asked me one day when I was doing the shopping to pickup some. There chocolates come in different amounts normally 3 or 5 packs for the smaller packages. It turns out at Lotus that a 5 pack which should be cheaper per piece is about the same price as two 3 packs or 6 pieces. So basically why would anyone ever buy a 5 pack when you can get two 3 packs for the same price.

I have noticed this on some can food sometimes that you pay more per item when you buy in larger quantity.

Have you thought about making a formal complaint?

Seems rather petty to me but if it means that much to you then make a fuss to those who perpetrated this 'crime'.

It doesn't make sense to make a formal complaint about a small amount of money, however it still should be regarded as a scam, and I'm also not making a fuss of it.

If you read the OP again you will see that this thread was actually intended for other members to post similar experiences, which may concern more than a few Baht.

Sorry to say this but of course you are making a fuss over it. Your OP was more than enough to state your point. All the follow up posts are attempting to defend the indefensible. You are majoring in minors. How much do you go on and on with matters of real importance?

This is not intended to be a slam. I appreciate your other posts and comments. I just believe this has gone way beyond its importance in the scheme of things.

Carry on, my friend.

Just recently got 'scammed' from the BTS station. they have this 'promotion' offering you a 25 trip card at the price of 700 baht (which ends up being 25 baht or something like that). My normal BTS cost from my location to where I live is 44 baht. As it turns out the trip deducts 25 baht when I enter the BTS, then when I get to my destination my card would beep and not let me through. Upon going to the window they told me some mumbo jumbo (I think that I was at a different company owned area of the BTS bull #$!@) and then charged me 20 baht to exit. In total, I was being charged 45 baht for each trip I took as opposed to 44 baht. Some promotion crook that was! Thailand is really the country of crook-you-when you can. I'm guessing this is why the country is impoverished. Any time your whole country does what it can to screw others and swindle them, karma will inevitably come back on you.

Just recently got 'scammed' from the BTS station. they have this 'promotion' offering you a 25 trip card at the price of 700 baht (which ends up being 25 baht or something like that). My normal BTS cost from my location to where I live is 44 baht. As it turns out the trip deducts 25 baht when I enter the BTS, then when I get to my destination my card would beep and not let me through. Upon going to the window they told me some mumbo jumbo (I think that I was at a different company owned area of the BTS bull #$!@) and then charged me 20 baht to exit. In total, I was being charged 45 baht for each trip I took as opposed to 44 baht. Some promotion crook that was! Thailand is really the country of crook-you-when you can. I'm guessing this is why the country is impoverished. Any time your whole country does what it can to screw others and swindle them, karma will inevitably come back on you.

I was tempted to tell them to take the card and shove it up their @#!, but knowing the way Thais are, I thought better and simply 'sucked it up'.

I had one recently "buy one get one free", but in reality, the promotion price was double the price of actually going to the shelf and purchasing just one.

Amazing!

Most common I have discovered, is the price on the ticket on the shelf, is seldom the same as what shows up on the checkout screen, its invariably higher at the checkout.

Let me guess, a British Pharmacy? They do it all the time!

They wouldn't get away with it in the UK.

Are you for real?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

What, people haven't noticed the reduction in size of many products. Guess the onus is on us to read the labels before buying. It's all there in front of you. You don't like it.. don't buy it.

To the OP, just use 10% less for each wash, use some micro scales, ought to make you feel less ripped off.

Couple of these little scams I have seen are reducing the size of the bigger Colgate tube from 160g to 150g & the Wrigleys Extra gum - 10 pellets to 9 when you slide the pack open.

Those dirty rotten bastards!!!

Maybe already stated by someone, Ferraro Rocher Chocolate, these round lovely chocolates are a favorite of my gf. I don't remember the exact pricing but my gf would normally buy a 5 pack. She asked me one day when I was doing the shopping to pickup some. There chocolates come in different amounts normally 3 or 5 packs for the smaller packages. It turns out at Lotus that a 5 pack which should be cheaper per piece is about the same price as two 3 packs or 6 pieces. So basically why would anyone ever buy a 5 pack when you can get two 3 packs for the same price.

I have noticed this on some can food sometimes that you pay more per item when you buy in larger quantity.

Exactly, and it's called "idiot pricing" and specifically aimed at those who are math or detail challenged. Many marketers use this scheme, it is especially apparent in the "discount" stores where it takes easy advantage of the under-educated and under-financed among us.

Exactly, and it's called "idiot pricing" and specifically aimed at those who are math or detail challenged. Many marketers use this scheme, it is especially apparent in the "discount" stores where it takes easy advantage of the under-educated and under-financed among us.

And the same "idiots" they target want the government to step in and drive the price (and taxes) up for everyone.

Are you for real?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Yes. I didn't see any 'fine print' talking about the charge upon arrival at the destination BTS station. But I'm sure they probably have some hidden place around there they could have pointed it out to me. Don't get those bargain promotions from the BTS station. Put your coins in the machine and get the card you know will get you in and out. Thai 'deals' are no deals at all.

Go Back Home and be safe....they cant getta there.....

Wow, 12 posts before the go back home if you don't like brigade enters the thread.

You dad wasn't a sheep farmer by any chance?

And when you do get back home after leaving you will find that EVERY supermarket back home does the exact same thing only on a larger scale. It isn't a scam you just need to look before you buy

The only time people notice this 'stealth' price rise trick is when it's extremely obvious. In the UK, Cadbury's Creme Eggs (chocolate eggs with yellow and white fondant inside) were always sold in boxes of six. They reduced it to 5 and kept the price the same due to 'economic' factors. Plenty of people noticed that. What's harder to spot is when the size or weight of something is reduced as people simply don't remember the size and weight of old products.

In Thailand, I see plenty of stores selling the smaller 250ml soda cans for 15 baht when that used to be the price of the larger 330ml cans. Most supermarkets and 7-11 sell them cheaper at around 12 (Makro is obviously less) but other stores always push their luck. The only product I can think of that is exactly the same since I first came to Thailand in 2005 is the glass bottles of coke - same size and still 10 baht. Some things are cheaper - full-sized Snickers for 24baht - they used to be 30-35 for a mini 'fun' sized bar back in the day.

Never experienced this as when shopping I just buy what I want...it's that or not buying stuff, which is pretty pointless. My not buying isn't going to change things...I have noticed that the size of a Hagen-Daz ice cream bars are half the size of ten years ago...doesn't stop me from buying them by the fistful ?

...I have noticed that the size of a Hagen-Daz ice cream bars are half the size of ten years ago...doesn't stop me from buying them by the fistful [emoji4]

That may be due more (at least in part) to the nutritional information revolution than cost savings.