British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is not that he has died, which is sad, it is the complete lack of any information that I find worrying, an accident is just that a suicide is just that, but when you get nothing one must therefore assume the worst AGAIN.

RIP

was probably an accident of some sort. Drowning maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the total assumptions with no basis starts....

As do the sarcastic replies with no value. TITV ^^

What!! No value?? Free hours of free entertainment ... and you dare complain ..:). Besides there is an element of truth behind each of the sarcastic replies.

Normally a foreigner who dies on Khao Tao Is reported either as a murder or suicide right away with some statement as to how and what circumstance the body was found. With this type of news report the police can claim anything and hide many things from the public and also avoid any scrutiny done by the world and by local foreigners. A suicide is easily distinguishable as is a murder in most cases though not all. Doesn't anyone else think this as strange that only the death is mentioned and nothing else? I do feel sorry for the soul yet another soul lost on that Island but I am even more sorry for the family that it happened there on Khao Tao and that the same police are investigating that did for the last deaths there. RIP

it is obviously death by stupidity for coming here

I must agree that anyone who now visits Koh Tao, especially Brits of this age group, really does need their head examined.........That is before they are murdered, not after!

As much as I do agree that staying away from that island and many many other islands in this country is a good idea, it is a bit silly to go on assuming he was murdered at this stage. It could be due to ANYTHING. He is the same age and nationality as me, yet due to reading through his FB posts and the 'report' he does not have the knowledge or caution that I have gained over the years being here. This could be all too innocent, tragic none the less, but still an innocent death. RIP fella

Edited by monk213

Any reports of shiploads of migrant workers leaving the island so far?

Here we go again! Just waiting for the "reports" about Nomsod rushing off on a speedboat to get the Nok air flight from Chumpae to Bangkok .....

Good to see your keeping your hero's name in the spotlight

If I am not wrong this is his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/luke.miller.319?fref=ts

This was his last post December 31st:

"Can honestly say this new year I am living the dream of to the full moon party on a speed boat drink cocktails strawberry daiquiris living life to the full yolo so let's do this"

and this his second last December 30th:

" What a 2 day bender on mushroom shakes shit has gone down lol loving life"

We can expect the Koh Tao truthers to come out soon claiming that Nomsod was on the island again.....

smile emoticon

Luke MILLER David MILLER

This is what struck me when I read the report. These are incidents that couldn`t be made up. What the hell is happening on that island? It`s like a long running horror movie.

Edited by cyberfarang

Unfortunately, the ready access to drugs on this island could have led this unfortunate to overdose (see FB page for details of his NY bender). About time the junta clamp down hard once and for all.

Being realistic, I guess these mafia run businesses which generate billions of baht are untouchable. Where is a Thai Eliot Ness, when you need him?

"however the Foreign Office have confirmed to Island Echo that local authorities are investigating the death."

Oh man, what a relief! Now we can rest assured that the real cause of death is determined by highly trained professionals and be 100% certain that the true culprits will be caught and sentenced in case foul play is involved... sick.gif

If Koh Tao would be swallowed tomorrow by a giant sinkhole, I wouldn't shed a tear.

it is obviously death by stupidity for coming here

I must agree that anyone who now visits Koh Tao, especially Brits of this age group, really does need their head examined.........That is before they are murdered, not after!

As much as I do agree that staying away from that island and many many other islands in this country is a good idea, it is a bit silly to go on assuming he was murdered at this stage. It could be due to ANYTHING. He is the same age and nationality as me, yet due to reading through his FB posts and the 'report' he does not have the knowledge or caution that I have gained over the years being here. This could be all too innocent, tragic none the less, but still an innocent death. RIP fella

Actually I am not assuming anything at this stage............Just making a general point..................Im very similar to u with the 'knowledge and caution', but the case of poor Hannah and David's murders has been all over the British media, so even if they were too busy living life to the full and missed it themselves, I cant believe that no friends or family brought it to their attention and warned them of Koh Tao.

Man found dead in Thailand believed to be from Isle of Wight

SURAT THANI:-- A MAN believed to be from the Isle of Wight has been found dead in Thailand.

In a statement by the Foreign Office, a spokesman said: "We are providing assistance to the family of a British national who died in Koh Tao, Thailand.

Full story: http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/man-found-dead-in-thailand-believed-to-be-from-isle-of-wight-93670.aspx

With the amount of deaths on this island,I am starting to wonder if there is a serial killer living there!!!!

Thailand used to be a safe and welcoming place for Westerners, but it seems there is a Westerner death every day now, ..in either suspicious circumstances or suicide! How I wish I could go home! ... but Thai wife got all my money and everything I ever had, so I can not even go out for a meal.

Welcome to Thailand!

Seems to me this young man was 'enjoying life to the full'. I remember those days back in the long distant past and sometimes wonder how I survived. Let's wait for more information before we jump to conclusions. If his reported Facebook posts are anything to go by, it may well prove to be 'natural' causes. RIP.

Edited by mikosan

OMG

Just had a look at his facebook page and he spoke to his mom on the 30th Dec assuring her he would keep safe as she was worried about him. This is tragic. RIP and my thoughts are now with the families.

His dream vacation in Thailand has come to an end, now whether that be from an overdose or something else there is not enough info as yet. The families deserve a detailed and transparent investigation. I hope they get it this time. This is one too many now and even if it turns out to be through a drugs overdose its still outrageous that these drugs are so openly sold in KT despite the promised crackdowns.

Buy my drugs and die its up to you, not my fault............as long as my tourist dollars keep flowing in we dont give a s#it

The number of deaths in Thailand for UK nationals alone if just under one per day. In my long time in Thailand I have known several of them. With the huge ammount of Britons either holidaying, working or retired here the number that die is going to be commensurate with the number that are here. The overwhelming majority will be from health issues and accident without any suspicious circumstances at all. To suggest that the death of a holidaymaker is another nail in a country or a place's tourist industry is absurd. And I am afraid that even healthy young people die from something like heart attack out of the blue. Ask a doctor.

Thunder26, on 09 Jan 2016 - 02:15, said:

If I am not wrong this is his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/luke.miller.319?fref=ts

On 30th December 2015 he posted that he had gone on a 2-day bender with mushroom shakes. It will be interesting to hear what he died of. Sad, all the same.

Good post! Reading the comments on his face book page revealed that Luke had a history of, let's say, poor judgement.

Edited by seedy
link posted - quotes not required

RIP

was probably an accident of some sort. Drowning maybe.

Superb powers of deduction there Wellred ;) Do you have a blog or something? I'll definitely subscribe after this latest revelation