• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Rajabhat uni student, 20, smashes motorbike into parked trailer on way to Children's Day event

rooster59

Rajabhat uni student, 20, smashes motorbike into parked trailer on way to Children's Day event

post-247607-0-98905500-1452320382_thumb.

PHUKET: A 20-year-old student of Rajbhat Phuket University, was rushed this morning to the Emergency Room with an open head wound and broken leg after he smashed his motorbike into the back of a parked trailer along the island's main north-south traffic artery.

Phuket police coordinated with Kusoldham first response team at an accident site on the shoulder portion of Thepkrasatri southbound lane, in the area of Moo 1, near the U-turn for Nai Klum village in Thalang's Sisunthon sub district.

The driver of the trailer was named as 32-year-old Tana Daengkrajang of Prachuap Khirikhan, who gave report that the accident occured early in the morning, before 6am.

Tana said he was driving the trailer to deliver steel from Bangkok metropolitan area, and parked, waiting to deliver the steel to an unnamed third party, when he heard a loud noise from behind.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/rajabhat-uni-student-20-smashes-motorbike-into-parked-trailer-on-way-to-children-day-event-55722.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-09

3 o'clock in the morning about a year ago two of my friends smacked their pickup in to the back of a parked ice delivery truck and it basically just flattened the pickup. They where going home after a nights partying (Carabao concert and after party) and was doing over 120Km/h true a small city as they should be at work in the morning. Both of them had their doctors degrees, one worked as vice director and the other as head of department...
my conclusion is that many people don't get smarter with age and education!

I wonder if the truck was parked up with no lights on? OK, maybe the boy was going too fast. Didn't we all do that as youngsters? I've had a couple of scares with Buffalo sleeping on the road in Brunei and elephants in Thailand. Neither with lights.coffee1.gif

No helmet was injured during this incident.

Helmets did not become compulsory in the UK until 1973 and many bikers did not wear one one for some time after that. Yes, I know it is good sense to wear a helmet but kids will still flout the law, especially in Thailand where it is not enforced. Have some compassion for this boy.

3 o'clock in the morning about a year ago two of my friends smacked their pickup in to the back of a parked ice delivery truck and it basically just flattened the pickup. They where going home after a nights partying (Carabao concert and after party) and was doing over 120Km/h true a small city as they should be at work in the morning. Both of them had their doctors degrees, one worked as vice director and the other as head of department...

my conclusion is that many people don't get smarter with age and education!

The PhD has no meaning in this instance, as they had probably failed Physics but still got advanced through the 'No-Fail' education policy...