GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

z-pay tv.will all be cut OFF 6th feb.the zbox will only pick up the free channels through psi dish.z-pay tv.will no longer be.

Can someone list the Z-Pay TV channels, because I can't remember which ones they were/are and I want to see if I still get them now, and after Feb 6th.

I used channel lists from a satellite website and compared them (mostly automatic):

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/GMM-Z-Ku.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

What I see missing in CTH:

DreamWorks Channel

Eurosport (1 Asia)

Fox Sports 3 Asia

MTV Thailand

Sky News International (only Sky News UK)

These two appear at CTH only in normal quality:

Fox Crime HD Asia

Fox Familiy Movies HD

All other channels appear at CTH and many more at CTH (108) vs. GMMz (62).

Errors excepted!]

(there is a risk that the sources are not up-to-date)

Edited by KhunBENQ

z-pay tv.will all be cut OFF 6th feb.the zbox will only pick up the free channels through psi dish.z-pay tv.will no longer be.

Can someone list the Z-Pay TV channels, because I can't remember which ones they were/are and I want to see if I still get them now, and after Feb 6th.

I used channel lists from a satellite website and compared them (mostly automatic):

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/GMM-Z-Ku.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

What I see missing in CTH:

DreamWorks Channel

Eurosport (1 Asia)

Fox Sports 3 Asia

MTV Thailand

Sky News International (only Sky News UK)

These two appear at CTH only in normal quality:

Fox Crime HD Asia

Fox Familiy Movies HD

All other channels appear at CTH and many more at CTH (108) vs. GMMz (62).

Errors excepted!]

(there is a risk that the sources are not up-to-date)

Thanks so much for the links and for taking the trouble to list the changes. I'll switch over from True to CTH later (after the film has finished rolleyes.gif ) and see what I can find.

Losing Eurosport and Fox Spt. 3 is a pain. Mind you, I used to get fed up with all those bicycle races on Eurosport... biggrin.png

all my sports were on this morning too hope it stays that way for epl this evening, I did not want to make a decision on new system till I was sure who was showing epl next season, I do not want to watch my matches via the internet

Really down to interpretation as to what ending on the 6th means ie : is this the last day? Like some I thought yesterday was the last day.

the way i see it is,CTH are taking over the packages,the last call we got 2weeks ago was from them,but they seemed they didnt have a clue that we had 2boxes registered.this morning early hrs.2am.onwards z-pay tv.had disapeared from view and CTH was showing on all the package channels.

we have not heard anything from them [CTH] our packages [ultra platinum] would be still be available as we requested,but we have to change the dish to KU.band

WHEN the new boxes ARRIVE.

the wife has gone to the temple to ask there.

Get good internet and watch tv sports through that.

No worries with football rights going to different companies and all the channels you could wish for

I've started to implement my contingency plan for next season and maybe the remainder of this the way things are going. A TOT Winet installer should hopefully come and see me this weekend with a view to installing asap.

TOT are putting up a lot of towers and a new one has gone up 6km away.

Edited by Linesy

Meatboy

Have I missed something? Are you saying that the GMM Z box will still pick up the Stadium channels 1-6 until 1 March and that they won't be cut off today?

If so at least we have a little bit more of a chance that we might receive the new box by then.

Meatboy

Have I missed something? Are you saying that the GMM Z box will still pick up the Stadium channels 1-6 until 1 March and that they won't be cut off today?

If so at least we have a little bit more of a chance that we might receive the new box by then.

there is a message shown nearly all day but its in THAI [ typical ] so thats what it looks like,just hope that we all get the new boxes by then,so if like me,i have 2set top gmm z boxes and a PSI DISH so i have to get a new sat.dish.as long as you have a KU.dish its only the box you have to wait for.

Meatboy

Bangkokhatter, I assume from your board name that you're based in Bangkok which is why you've received your box before those of us out in the sticks?

he is one of their employee's,there are 2 of them who work in their call center.

mine has all gone OFF 2.45am only free to air available.

so thats their arse,any delivery will be refused.

over to true family sports.

what do i need to get please? dish? box?

In Phuket you get more HD channels if you have the cable service. I don't think the satellite option gives you fewer channels but you get less of them in High Definition.

I have the CTH satellite service too, mainly for the football, and there is now no cable option (I believe) since the local cable provider in Rawai was cut off by CTH (probably because they kept "forgetting" to send my subscription money to Bangkok rolleyes.gif )

Bangkokhatter, I assume from your board name that you're based in Bangkok which is why you've received your box before those of us out in the sticks?

he is one of their employee's,there are 2 of them who work in their call center.

You having a laugh or just talking your usual nonsense ?

I am in Samut Prakarn, the missus called the hotline number about 2 weeks ago and the dish turned up Friday afternoon by motorbike courier. Not much use though as I can only get local channels and all attempts at contacting the hotline have so far failed.

As fully expected they have cut us off without a means to view. Any reports of anyone actually receiving a GMMZ replacement box would be greatly appreciated. If you could mention your location and any activation proplems as this would be helpful for those of us still waiting. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Linesy

Cut off here in central BKK too- all US UK channels in English vanished in the night. No box, no channels and three months prepaid now not being received...

i have 17months of pre-paid services due to me.

sorry bkk-hatter.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

Unfortunately your link will be deleted as it's against the rules to post links to this newspaper (the newspaper itself objects).

Nevertheless the story is interesting- especially that the NBTC watchdog called a meeting with CTH to try to discuss how they could better help and explain to customers and CTH "didn't show up".

Of course CTH will suffer no sanctions for not showing up...it's how things are done here...

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Hi

Can someone break this down for me.

I am AWARE that ive lost what i am owed on current package.

I have a GMMZ box

I am ONLY interested in watching the EPL, so can someone please tell me my easiest option. I.E is it to buy a box and then just call them to put a new package on? if this is the case any thoughts on the best box?

I am aware that watching the football on the net is an option im looking for an option 2.

Thanks