GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

Lost my CTH Channels this morning. Channel numbers 300 up no longer receivable! Anyone know what's going on?

1st April was a cut off date for some services - What's your set up? ie: CTH box (old or new), PSI box, C band or KU band dish etc..

I have the new CTH Box with Platinum package! Also we have a large mesh dish, I think KU! We still get the Thai Channels.

Do I need to get the dish Re-set to another satellite? Not sure what to do! Any advice would be helpful! Not a Techie person>

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large dish is almost always C-band (although some can be used for both this is not normal here - Ku only requires small solid dish). So if you want to follow CTH you would require the other type of dish pointed at a different area of the sky (from what was said in above post - I have no interest in CTH so using there box as a bookend).

Lost my CTH Channels this morning. Channel numbers 300 up no longer receivable! Anyone know what's going on?

1st April was a cut off date for some services - What's your set up? ie: CTH box (old or new), PSI box, C band or KU band dish etc..
I have the new CTH Box with Platinum package! Also we have a large mesh dish, I think KU! We still get the Thai Channels.

Do I need to get the dish Re-set to another satellite? Not sure what to do! Any advice would be helpful! Not a Techie person>

The large mesh dish is the C Band so you would need to change it to a KU band (looks similar to the many red True dishes, any colour will do as long as it is solid. The new dish should remain on the same heading as the C band as the NEW CTH boxes use Thaicom 5 satellite as well, the original CTH box faced a different direction South East ish which may be causing some confusion. Hope that helps. Edited by Linesy

Linesy

Do you know of anybody who has the new CTH box and a KU dish connected and who is receiving Stadium channels after 1st April. Is CTH still in business and broadcasting?

I have this set up and can confirm Stadium channels all broadcasting OK. Therefore CTH as of now are still in business. Also another Expat near me has the new box and KU Band dish working the same.

Grateful for your reply Linesy. Will get the KU dish tomorrow now. Nice one mate. Should I get a particular size dish? There seems to be a choice of 2 - big and a small - which one do you recommend/have?

Edited by luckygeezer

The large mesh dish is the C Band so you would need to change it to a KU band (looks similar to the many red True dishes, any colour will do as long as it is solid. The new dish should remain on the same heading as the C band as the NEW CTH boxes use Thaicom 5 satellite as well, the original CTH box faced a different direction South East ish which may be causing some confusion. Hope that helps.

I don't think you are right about this!

This link shows the current Ku broadcasts of CTH including the pay channels, Fox HD and so on updated March 30th 2016

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

It's clearly marked Vinasat 2 at 131.8°E not Thaicom which is at 78.5°E

CTH on Thaicom 5/6 at 78.5°E is listed here -this was last updated in May 2015- and I'm sure is no longer current.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH-C_78E.html

For those getting a KU Band dish for the New, I repeat NEW CTH box: the direction/heading is the same as your C Band dish. The Previous post contradicting this is incorrect.

Edited by Linesy

I have followed Linesy's posts carefully and put everything he said into action. I now have CTH KU band dish beside my C band dish, both pointing skywards in the direction of Thaicom 5. The new CTH box is working just fine with excellent quality.

Many thanks Linesy and keep up the good work mate. My Thai wife and I are grateful and delighted. The shop which set up our KU dish, firstly checked the box in the shop. All channels except Stadium worked so he called 1619. He passed the phone to my wife who provided her ID info, name and address. The CTH lady also asked for the number on the cardboard box the CTH box arrived in. 5 minutes later, before our eyes, the stadium channels were available too. 2 hours later the dish was installed on our roof. Bingo! smile.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.pngclap2.gif

I have the new CTH box and went to buy a KU band dish today because I want to see the football season exciting finish this year. My old PSI/CTH box lost a lot of channels today as anticipated due to CTH warning customers about the change to KU band.The agent is a PSI agent but installs dishes for all companies. She told us that head office PSI informed her to warn customers of PSI/CTH to think very carefully before buying the KU band dish, because CTH are virtually bankrupt and the company will soon not be able to broadcast matches in Thailand. She said she will install the KU dish if we want it, but if it doesn't have what we want from CTH then it's not her fault.

So she is trying to be nice. Just need to know if somebody has a CTH new box with KU dish installed and need to know if CTH still broadcasting, especially the 7 stadium channels. If so I'll take the risk of them going tits up.

GMMZ or CTH.WHICH IS IT thats virtually bankrupt? for those waiting for refunds we got ours last friday.[in full]

I have the new CTH box and went to buy a KU band dish today because I want to see the football season exciting finish this year. My old PSI/CTH box lost a lot of channels today as anticipated due to CTH warning customers about the change to KU band.The agent is a PSI agent but installs dishes for all companies. She told us that head office PSI informed her to warn customers of PSI/CTH to think very carefully before buying the KU band dish, because CTH are virtually bankrupt and the company will soon not be able to broadcast matches in Thailand. She said she will install the KU dish if we want it, but if it doesn't have what we want from CTH then it's not her fault.

So she is trying to be nice. Just need to know if somebody has a CTH new box with KU dish installed and need to know if CTH still broadcasting, especially the 7 stadium channels. If so I'll take the risk of them going tits up.

GMMZ or CTH.WHICH IS IT thats virtually bankrupt? for those waiting for refunds we got ours last friday.[in full]

There seems to be a lot of misinformation being spread about. PSI are slagging off CTH is all I know, and the PSI agent locally said CTH are virtually bankrupt. Nothing on Google suggests that so there is no link I can give you. Consequently I went ahead with CTH as explained in detail above. So far so good but who really knows what is happening behind the scenes? Unsubstantiated rumours cause distress and confusion, of course, so I jumped in with both feet in case I can actually see out this exciting Premier League season.

Edited by luckygeezer

The KU dish cost 2000 baht to buy and install which was a hit I reluctantly took. It is working perfectly at the moment with good picture quality with zero pixellation and freezing. The CTH box enables us to have all the Fox sports and movies channels, and we get to see all the Premier League games too. The Premier League games will cease at the end of this season, of course and the CTH channels will be free for a year, hopefully. So far so good. I am not gloating but just wish to inform others that reside in Thailand of the current position. I hope my experience helps others.

The KU dish cost 2000 baht to buy and install which was a hit I reluctantly took. It is working perfectly at the moment with good picture quality with zero pixellation and freezing. The CTH box enables us to have all the Fox sports and movies channels, and we get to see all the Premier League games too. The Premier League games will cease at the end of this season, of course and the CTH channels will be free for a year, hopefully. So far so good. I am not gloating but just wish to inform others that reside in Thailand of the current position. I hope my experience helps others.

This is a good update with factual information. I am in the exact same situation, and was waiting to see what would happen with EPL in 2016/17. I have gone to ilikehd on a trial basis in the interim. It does have some very good features, but it seems to be hanging a lot of the time.

If I can pay 2000 baht locally, then a Ku band dish will be installed soonest. As I haveCTh top package for another 9 months or so.

Apart from the Barclays Premier League, the Fox channels are great because you get movies without adverts and great sports coverage. I have watched World 7's rugby, Masters golf live just recently. F1 is due for the China GP this weekend - can't wait! The dish size recommended in this forum is the bigger the better. The shop I went to had a small size and a big size so I initially selected the big dish at 1800 baht. I then saw an old orange True dish which was even bigger so he installed that for 2000 baht. I took a photo of the C band and KU dishes for you to get an idea about the relative sizes.

post-256999-0-84864000-1460518516_thumb.

Edited by luckygeezer

Just a possible "HEADS UP" for those of you that occasionally 'lose' a paid CTH channel. Of late we've been losing Fox Thai, Fox Family and Star World (maybe more channels, too).

Use the CTH remote and choose "Menu" button - if you can see the darn thing!

Click right/left until you get to "Settings".

Click on "Auto Scan" and then the stupid little red button (to start the scan).

After about 5 minutes the scan should be complete - your missing channels should be in place again.

MAYBE you have to switch the CTH box on and off again to update the BSSKEYS - sometimes we have to, sometimes it's not necessary.

IF you don't get all/any of your missing channels, then try the Auto Scan procedure again.

Good viewing smile.png

Oh - does anyone have a link for what the different CTH packages consist of (which channels) ? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Panic over! It was heavily overcast and raining yesterday and once the rain stopped and the clouds cleared everything returned to normal. The warnings about KU band being affected more by the weather than C band seem to be true then. I might connect the C band dish again which has PSI in case it happens again more often as the rainy season nears. At least we will have something to watch until the weather improves.biggrin.png

Edited by luckygeezer