Angelina Jolie Adopts Seventh Child While In Cambodia — Report

geovalin

Just as we were starting to believe six kids would be enough for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, they might be adding another one to their full house.

The beautiful Maleficent star has reportedly decided to adopt a seventh child, named Allouy Shoun, while directing First They Killed My Father in Cambodia.

NEWS: Kim Kardashian, Kanye West May Consider Adoption

Angelina-Jolie-Pitt-and-Kids-Vogue-750x5

Credit: Annie Leibowitz/Vogue

This was all staged like some secret military operation," a source told RadarOnline.com of the supposed adoption of the Siem Reap baby, who’s reportedly about 16 months old.

The Girl, Interrupted actress, 40, apparently met her new son’s 15-person family when his older biological sister, named Leida, approached Shiloh, 9, and Zahara Jolie-Pitt, 10, while they were in an ice cream shop.

Since their introduction, Angie has “pledged to pay more than $1 million” to support the Shouns, took them on a shopping spree, and treated them to a visit to an arcade.

The anonymous pal claims the actress-turned-director wanted to keep the move secret from her handsome husband because he would “throw a fit!" — but that doesn’t exactly sound kosher.

Not only does Brad, 52, clearly have a “more the merrier” outlook on family, but he was also there when his girls first encountered the Shouns.

We’ll see if this rumor ends up being true when Angelina returns to the States.

source: http://www.wetpaint.com/angelina-jolie-adoption-baby-cambodia-1465414/

Not sure how they can do this given that the US still has a moratorium on adoptions from Cambodia. There are talks about lifting it but AFAIK hasn't happened yet.

But isn't she British?

No, she's American. She's Jon Voight's daughter

Adoption is a wonderful thing to do. Good for them.

Maybe I misunderstood something, but doesn't the boy already have a family? (....met her new son’s 15-person family)

I thought that the idea of adoption was to provide a family for a kid who has none. Which is a wonderful thing to do.

Helping the family to stay together, put food on the table, get their kids educated, maybe start a business, might be a better option in this instance - and the cost would be negligible.

Edited by chickenslegs

From the film 'Same Same but Different':

"My mother bought her."

"Bought her?"

"Her mother wanted to kill her at birth, and my mother wanted something to play with, so she bought her..."

Something very creepy about this. Wish she would spend a few of those megabucks on something which would benefit Cambodians as a whole, instead of creating the appearance of stopping by for a little kid-shopping, while on vacation...

Edited by TheKnave