Beer Sales After Midnight?

roamp

I just got turned down. Is this the rule here? I thought I'd bought beer late night before. When do they start selling again? It's not a holiday or something I don't know about is it?

Up to them.

Here is a really wacky off the wall idea.......

Keep some beer at home if you live here. or use a hotel that has a mini-bar fridge or room service.

7-11 have not been selling beer or spirits after midnight for around 2 years, Nor do they sell it between 2pm and 5pm.

A New Law was brought in...you can't buy it from Supermarkets between 2pm and 5pm either...unless you buy it by the case... the idea behind this is to deter yougsters fom drinking in the afternoon or late into the night...however. they can club togetther and buy 12 bottles, no problem, get even more pissed.

Where is the logic ????

7-11 have not been selling beer or spirits after midnight for around 2 years, Nor do they sell it between 2pm and 5pm.

A New Law was brought in...you can't buy it from Supermarkets between 2pm and 5pm either...unless you buy it by the case... the idea behind this is to deter yougsters fom drinking in the afternoon or late into the night...however. they can club togetther and buy 12 bottles, no problem, get even more pissed.

Where is the logic ????

It doesn't deter the serious drinker (who plans ahead and stocks booze instead of bottled water in his fallout shelter and minifridge), which apparently is the mindset of a lot of folks on this forum :o .... but it does deter the casual drinker -myself included on more than a few occasions-.

:D

Where is the logic ????

It doesn't deter the serious drinker (who plans ahead and stocks booze instead of bottled water in his fallout shelter and minifridge), which apparently is the mindset of a lot of folks on this forum :o .... but it does deter the casual drinker -myself included on more than a few occasions-.

Well I am not a serious drinker either but I usually have 3 or 4 bottles of beer in my fridge at home and I may drink one every couple of weeks or so. This morning as my stocks of Sng Som, ice etc are getting low I will drive to the village and stock up again.

It is called forward planning. You buy some in case you want a drink after midnight and up here in the boonies most places including the shops are closed by midnight. Even up here 7/11 won't sell alcohol except between 11 am and 2 pm and 5pm till 11pm.

During the day I just go to my favourite shop and buy what I need unless it is not sold there or I can go across to the local booze shop and buy it there.

Where is the logic ????

It is called forward planning. You buy some in case you want a drink after midnight and up here in the boonies most places including the shops are closed by midnight. Even up here 7/11 won't sell alcohol except between 11 am and 2 pm and 5pm till 11pm.

During the day I just go to my favourite shop and buy what I need unless it is not sold there or I can go across to the local booze shop and buy it there.

Yeah, it's called: they aren't trying to dissuade the forward planning market segment. What do you do if you just happen to want to drink and don't have anything in stock, in your car, on your motorcycle, etc. during times when they aren't selling? Simple: you drink something non-alcoholic or nothing at all. I suppose the same folks would be arguing that limiting alcohol purchase hours to 2am to 3am wouldn't reduce consumption either.

Farangs should be exempt.

A very small yet welcome concession in the great scheme of things :o

Despite my normal lack of morals or ethics I do find seeing drunken backpacker scum wandering the streets slurping on large bottles of Chang somewhat offensive......... :D

Despite my normal lack of morals or ethics I do find seeing drunken backpacker scum wandering the streets slurping on large bottles of Chang somewhat offensive......... :D

Quite! Although I think I can handle seeing the backpackers doing this; it's the dishevelled old farts with Chang vests on that really make the place look untidy. Everyone fitting this description should be rounded up and dumped on the sleazy sois of Pattaya :D:D

Where is the logic ????

It is called forward planning.

A SERIOUS DRINKER need never worry, forward planning is an artform

Edited by ThaiPauly

Quite! Although I think I can handle seeing the backpackers doing this; it's the dishevelled old farts with Chang vests on that really make the place look untidy. Everyone fitting this description should be rounded up and dumped on the sleazy sois of Pattaya :D:D

When does the bus leave? :D

How interesting that so many are desperate to procure after hours booze, yet some of the very same posters condemn the young man who was arrested on a heroin possession charge! Mild hypocrisy? Double standard?

I don't know of him, but drugs are illegal and always have been AFAIK, whereas not being able to buy yourself a beer after midnight even though watering holes open until later is a bit sad. The powers that be should perhaps be more responsible and do the drink drivers rather than penalise the masses for wanting to enjoy the 'legal' substance at their leisure.

The powers that be should perhaps be more responsible and do the drink drivers rather than penalise the masses for wanting to enjoy the 'legal' substance at their leisure.

I agree that drink driving is a huge unaddressed problem around here. I also agree that raising the drinking age or restricting hours during which alcohol can be bought is not going to stop teenage alcohol abuse or drunk driving.

My point in the last post was that prohibition or outlawing or restriction of any drug does not stop people from abusing it. Yet people distinguish between legal = "good" drugs and illegal = "bad" drugs simply because of the legal status of the drug rather than its potential for destruction.

Edited by fruittbatt

How interesting that so many are desperate to procure after hours booze, yet some of the very same posters condemn the young man who was arrested on a heroin possession charge! Mild hypocrisy? Double standard?

Does any country carry the death penalty for possession of alcohol?

alcohol = legal

illicit drugs = illegal.

period. don't see anything to argue about here.

7-11 not selling alcohol after midnight? too bad for them. some people just don't have a business sense.

Not that I know of, Bill.

But if there was a country which imposed the death penalty for alcohol possession do you think this would somehow make alcohol a worse drug or more destructive than it already is?

The legal or illegal status of the drug is a matter of state law. The destructive effects of drug abuse (alcohol, opiates or amphetamines or any other addictive substance) do not change according to the drug's legal status.

More comments like that and I think sombody will get jackr off

:D:D

More comments like that and I think sombody will get jackr off

:D:D

One down :D