Aussie couple who sought Thai girl's help were never robbed, police say

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, tourist police told the press last night that it was unlikely the couple had been robbed as they had previously told police earlier in the month they had already lost their ATM cards and credit cards. They had also been kicked out of hotels in Kanchanaburi twice this month due to drunken rampages."

OK, they are low lifes and probably weren't robbed judging by their past actions, but surely their claims should be investigated before being dismissed.

Investigated by whom?? "I wanted to contact the tourist police for them but they insisted they wanted to go the Australian Embassy," They didn't want the police to be contacted, which seems odd to say the least if they were really robbed. A while back there was a post here on TV from a member saying an Australian has approached him and told a sad story of stolen money and passport and wanted financial help to get his papers in orders at the embassy. The OP then wrote that he made an appointment with the guy to go with him to the embassy the next morning, only the "robbed" man never showed up... Seems this is the Australian sting...

"However, tourist police told the press last night that it was unlikely the couple had been robbed as they had previously told police earlier in the month they had already lost their ATM cards and credit cards. They had also been kicked out of hotels in Kanchanaburi twice this month due to drunken rampages."

OK, they are low lifes and probably weren't robbed judging by their past actions, but surely their claims should be investigated before being dismissed.

Apparently you didn't read the entire article.

Wrong.

They should have prosecuted for fraud.

If that is proven then, yes I agree. Need to investigate first though, eh.

Investigated by whom?? "I wanted to contact the tourist police for them but they insisted they wanted to go the Australian Embassy," They didn't want the police to be contacted, which seems odd to say the least if they were really robbed. A while back there was a post here on TV from a member saying an Australian has approached him and told a sad story of stolen money and passport and wanted financial help to get his papers in orders at the embassy. The OP then wrote that he made an appointment with the guy to go with him to the embassy the next morning, only the "robbed" man never showed up... Seems this is the Australian sting...

If the bib are going to say there was no robbery they should back up that statement by investigating the claims. If false then prosecute the Australians for fraud. However investigate first before making statements to the press.

When I'd brought up the topic of rampant corruption here to my wet behind the ears lawyer's assistant, he'd laughed and cited an incident in the UK whereby some Saudi man's defence against rape in an English court was that he'd tripped and accidentally 'fallen' on the alleged victim. To his way of thinking, this case proved irrefutably that other countries in general and the UK in particular 'were just as bad as Thailand' blink.png . I hope these two bloody bogans rot.

Edited by dageurreotype

Time the visas are raised to $1000. I would not have a problem paying that much if it kept out the majority of scum that enters here and that number is in the millions. More pieces of **** .

What a pair of scumbags !

How is it that low life scum like this can afford to travel?

It's about time airlines increased their airfares, keep people like this back in western Sydney or the back blocks of the Gold Coast where they deserve to be.

Do you think there are no rich "low life scum"?

Why yes! Quite a few of them have been running this country for eons!

Doesn't Australia have a special word for these sort of people?

Bogan or something?

Bogan is far too polite, what they should be called would get you barred or restricted for a few days.

Maggot would be more appropriate (in terms of Australian slang) I would think.
Scumbag

Doesn't Australia have a special word for these sort of people?

Bogan or something?

No, its 10 pound tourist.

Your, by your name, are a "sandgroper" (the derogatory name for a person from Western Australia), as are they by many accounts here. A "ten pound tourist" is a derogatory name for immigrants who went to Australia by assisted passage, which ended approximately over 40 years ago. By looking at their photos I'd say they're much too young for that. But they like you may be descendants of immigrants, as are all Australian, except the Aborigines. These two people bring shame on all Australians,. Please don't add to that shame by using uneducated remarks.

Sandgroper is not actually a derogatory term, it is in fact an insect endemic to the West of Australia (also found in New Guinea and a couple of other places) which is used as a nickname for us. We wear it with pride.

I (and certainly no ALL Australians as you suggest) am not the descendant of a 10 pound pom, or any other 10 pound tourist. Proudly convict bloodline on both sides of my family.

I think in your haste to show just ooooh how well educated and worldly you are (Google educated as it may be), you missed, what I think was the sarcastic deflection in sandgroperz post.

Sandgroper sounds better than Croweater.

But they like you may be descendants of immigrants, as are all Australian, except the Aborigines. These two people bring shame on all Australians,

descendants of immigrants, as are all Australian = These two people bring shame on all Australians

Shaming themselves?

So much have been written here with names calling about farang being scammed by the locals.....here we have thais being scammed by farangs....so what you say.... bah.gif

I'd say the odds are very much heavily weighted in the Thais favour?

Property, money, "marriages", taxis, tuk tuks, shops, etc, etc, etc.

...they got some snacks and water...and a free taxi ride....and 'some money'....

...likely not much money at all....

...so what is their crime....

...apparently they were stranded.....

...what happened before is hearsay.....

...unlikely they would have trashed a place or whatever...and still be free to roam around....

...as for who is scamming whom....

...get real.....

These animals go to Thailand, treat the locals like dirt, with no repercussions. Back in Australia, these oxygen thieves steal from charity bins, do burnouts in suburban streets on a regular basis and do absolutely nothing to contribute to society. An excellent example of why National Service should be introduced into Australia, but why should the Army have to deal with these parasites.

Karma will eventually catch up with them... talking about it - what happened to the elephant-legged German fraudster/beggar who boozed away his donated plain ticket money? Any info, anyone???

Recently deported from Cambodia

They should have prosecuted for fraud.

If that is proven then, yes I agree. Need to investigate first though, eh.

Investigate what, exactly? The two Aussies specifically asked not to be taken to the police station. So do you think the police should now try to find them, ask them to file a robbery report, and then investigate the supposed robbery???

Any ways to put the blame on Thailand?

It's already been done several times (no surprise) by those complaining that the Thai police didn't investigate the supposed robbery ... even though the couple did not report a robbery and didn't want to when given the chance.

"Australia has plenty of bogans on it's shores."

Some "bogans" (uneducated rednecks) live in large cities, have college "educations" and have enough money to buy a ticket to Thailand, thus are likely suffering from the disease "affluenza".

These two losers seem far from being affluent.

We all make mistakes, myself included, but most people learn from their mistakes and never repeat them again. But these two seem to simply never learn.

Catch, deport and cancel their passports.

The best of white, trailer trash.