Which 2nd hand sports car ?

Yes, thanks cb.

I've been in contact with the guy selling the silver one via Line as he advertised it a few weeks ago but he never replied to my request. Judging by what I now know about Copens, they do hold their price and like one poster said a few posts back I doubt that car is 2011, it was probably imported to Thailand in 2011 and more likely 2004-6. it doesn't say how many km's.

I also spoke to the guy the poster recommended as the Diahatsu mechanic on facebook to see if he had any and he pointed me in the direction of the yellow one as his friend had been to view it in Nakon Pathom. That is advertised as 2010 but was made in 2006 and imported in 2010. Still mileage not too high at 45,xxx or thereabouts.

I am going to see one in Bkk early next week. Watch this space and I will report back.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow......you owned Ferrari, Rolls etc and now rock around in a modest Honda?

Gees I've owned a few BMW,s and I can't go back to anything jap American or local and enjoy it.

may be his no need itsmile.png

or his do not understand

seems me , I do not really understand the taste of wine , so some times i try price $ 200- $2000 per botle and do not see big different with $3-$20 .

But i am not buy( I tried , when friends shared withme) $200-$2000, because for me there is no difference.

ABout owned car. some time money go.. and can be poor. So can no buy car what you want( as me example)

And some people buy cheapest car and say. it not big different.

Not evry time have power say true.sad.png

Have to say Estrada makes some of the most sensible comments on here. I've had a couple of out there cars in the uk similar to him. But here the roads just put me off getting anything other than a cheap jap car. Two classic cars I did consider were an XJR and an old Bentley but I soon changed my mind.

sorry, what about roads?

more power car its more sefty. some times need fast acceleration to avoid an accident.

brakes usually also effective
Handeling
ML better handeling than camry.
and ofcouse its much better handeling than CRV( CRV not bad car but noy any compare withy ML)
SO what about roads in Thailand? why ML its not for road Thailand and CRV its fine?
and ofcouse why Bentley not for thailands roads?

They have enough ground clearance and a good ride for sure but I'd guess they'd need expensive suspension maintenance fairly regularly

I owned a Turbo R in the uk many years ago, the suspension even used some Citroen components. I had to overhaul various parts at one point and it wasn't cheap.

Edited by Cook my sock

They have enough ground clearance and a good ride for sure but I'd guess they'd need expensive suspension maintenance fairly regularly

I owned a Turbo R in the uk many years ago, the suspension even used some Citroen components. I had to overhaul various parts at one point and it wasn't cheap.

So its metter only about money. Not about roads in Thailandwink.pngwai.gif

So its metter only about money. Not about roads in Thailandwink.pngwai.gif
Roads in Thailand are what they are. Money is money. Your point is?

Gees I've owned a few BMW,s and I can't go back to anything jap American or local and enjoy it.

may be his no need itsmile.png

or his do not understand

seems me , I do not really understand the taste of wine , so some times i try price $ 200- $2000 per botle and do not see big different with $3-$20 .

But i am not buy( I tried , when friends shared withme) $200-$2000, because for me there is no difference.

ABout owned car. some time money go.. and can be poor. So can no buy car what you want( as me example)

And some people buy cheapest car and say. it not big different.

Not evry time have power say true.sad.png

Even a cheap used Ferrari is one of the most expensive cars going around, settling for a Honda in BKK is mind boggling when clearly there are more fashionable cars around.

As for wine you certainly travel in the upper reaches of society me a $AU25 bottle of wine is fine.....though a bottle of johnny walker black is preferred, to think some one would drink a 200 or even a $2000 dollar bottle of wine is un thinkable.....getting back to the Honda, either you have found religion of don't have any tastes for not only cars but seemingly wine as well.

I have had a Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz M Series, Porche, and BMW in the UK. Sports cars and others with low wheel bases are impractical in Thailand due to road conditions and floods. Even cars are impractical in Bangkok, I prefer to use the BTS and leave my high wheel base Honda CRV at home for trips outside of Bangkok.

Yep, that's some big backwards steps there.. Maybe he (she?) doesn't do the driving anymore though? :)

My Point thi is "But here the roads just put me off getting anything other than a cheap jap car"

Not honest. NOt truthfu

I do not see any reson aboout roads.

have to be truthful and do not lie to yourself.

not roads .. metter it money.

How can say I am not buy ML,Bentley , Jag etc and buy HR_V. Fortuner etc. becouse road?rolleyes.gif

wai.gif

Guys ask about sport car( look like sport car)

ANother guy come and say his had many sport and lux car in UK and in end say " its impractical in Bangkok".

for me it funny or sylli

becouse not se what difference with London and how road Thailand "impractical"clap2.gif

Even a cheap used Ferrari is one of the most expensive cars going around, settling for a Honda in BKK is mind boggling when clearly there are more fashionable cars around.

As for wine you certainly travel in the upper reaches of society me a $AU25 bottle of wine is fine.....though a bottle of johnny walker black is preferred, to think some one would drink a 200 or even a $2000 dollar bottle of wine is un thinkable.....getting back to the Honda, either you have found religion of don't have any tastes for not only cars but seemingly wine as well.

Its not talkin about me

my point is:

1. Not all people see between different levels of something.

2. Not all strong enough to tell the truth about did not allow to finance the purchase of something whom they previously enjoyed used.

I am not sure Estrada firs or s or second.

i have strong doubts that somebody who owned a wee bit exclusive car like a "Porsche" would make the often seen spelling mistake "Porche" whistling.gif

And say "Mercedes Benz M Series"

I did't hear some say like this is but its can say about ML.

but it is not important

possible spelling problems.
for me a very funny set of listed cars and " its impractical in Bangkok"
thumbsup.gif wai.gif

Have to say Estrada makes some of the most sensible comments on here. I've had a couple of out there cars in the uk similar to him. But here the roads just put me off getting anything other than a cheap jap car. Two classic cars I did consider were an XJR and an old Bentley but I soon changed my mind.

I could not even afford a Jap car as they attract the same imports monies as all other imports. I had to settle for a Thai car.

https://www.kaidee.com/product-114315315/

What wrong with this car?blink.png

That's a very good question, because it advertised at less than half it's actual value wink.png

Fishy...

It's probably a lot older than it says, that's probably the year it was imported ?

Probably 2004 or similar and 100k on the clock ? But it looks nice.

At least it is an E89, so it must be from 2009 or newer. It sure is in excellent condition from the pictures.

Main article: BMW Z4 (E89)

The vehicle was originally announced on 13 December 2008.[3][4][5] The vehicle was unveiled in 2009 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.[6] This time a coupé-convertible with folding hardtop, the Z4 (E89) will be built in Regensburg alongside the (E93) 3-Series Cabrio, likely due to the U.S. plant needing more room for SUV production. It moved upmarket, dropping the small four-cylinder base engine. In late 2011 BMW reintroduced a 2.0 litre, 4-cylinder powerplant with twin-scroll turbo (N20 engine variant) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z4)

Here they claim it is a 2010 and now with the 2.5 l engine: http://www.one2car.com/for-sale/bmw-z-e89-e0-b8-9b-e0-b8-b5-09-16-29-sdrive23i-bangkok-metropolitan-sukhumvit/2681111

https://www.kaidee.com/product-114315315/

What wrong with this car?blink.png

That's a very good question, because it advertised at less than half it's actual value wink.png

Fishy...

It's probably a lot older than it says, that's probably the year it was imported ?

Probably 2004 or similar and 100k on the clock ? But it looks nice.

At least it is an E89, so it must be from 2009 or newer. It sure is in excellent condition from the pictures.

Main article: BMW Z4 (E89)

The vehicle was originally announced on 13 December 2008.[3][4][5] The vehicle was unveiled in 2009 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.[6] This time a coupé-convertible with folding hardtop, the Z4 (E89) will be built in Regensburg alongside the (E93) 3-Series Cabrio, likely due to the U.S. plant needing more room for SUV production. It moved upmarket, dropping the small four-cylinder base engine. In late 2011 BMW reintroduced a 2.0 litre, 4-cylinder powerplant with twin-scroll turbo (N20 engine variant) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z4)

Here they claim it is a 2010 and now with the 2.5 l engine: http://www.one2car.com/for-sale/bmw-z-e89-e0-b8-9b-e0-b8-b5-09-16-29-sdrive23i-bangkok-metropolitan-sukhumvit/2681111

It's a first gen Z4, if I'm seeing the same car in the ad as you guys...

My Point thi is "But here the roads just put me off getting anything other than a cheap jap car"

Not honest. NOt truthfu

I do not see any reson aboout roads.

have to be truthful and do not lie to yourself.

not roads .. metter it money.

How can say I am not buy ML,Bentley , Jag etc and buy HR_V. Fortuner etc. becouse road?rolleyes.gif

wai.gif

Guys ask about sport car( look like sport car)

ANother guy come and say his had many sport and lux car in UK and in end say " its impractical in Bangkok".

for me it funny or sylli

becouse not se what difference with London and how road Thailand "impractical"clap2.gif

Really confused now. What would I be lying to myself about? The state of Thai roads or something else.. Please do tell

Really confused now. What would I be lying to myself about? The state of Thai roads or something else.. Please do tell

It i realy confused

Its you tell me please, you say:

"But here the roads just put me off getting anything other than a cheap jap car"

What about road in Thailand? What have the road to failure

from owning cars " XJR and an old Bentley" ?blink.png

wai.gif

No disrespect but I just don't quite understand..

I'm guessing you think I'm not telling the truth about why I wouldn't buy a luxury car here.. Or something like that.

Sorry my poor English.

I realized that the reason for not buying luxury car in Thailand in your post its be road

And you supported the view Estrada about this " impractical in Thailand due to road conditions and floods.

SO why I said about i do not see any "road" reason.

Money metter - yes,I understand.

and roads, sorry don't.

do not be offended

wai.gif