Which 2nd hand sports car ?

I understand what you are saying Alex, however my needs are for the busy roads in Hua Hin, having a 3 litre drag machine would be useless here, there is too much congestion. Also if it was performance I wouldn't need to stick to a sports car.

My desires are more of style rather than speed, a hot hatch will deliver speed, I am more concerned with looks, but thanks for all replies. I do like the Mini Cooper but again overpriced over here and although a dream car when I was younger after watching the Italian Job, it seems over here they are all driven by Thai girls!

Z4 handling really sucks for a sports car. If you could find someone to put a turbo charger on a Miata, that would be good. Had one in the US. Turbo, after cooler, racing springs. Total investment including the used Miata less than 15k. Run away from a Z4 and beat a lot of Porches for not a lot of money.

Thailand's roads and speed limits are not exactly meant to beat a lot of "Porches" (sic) tongue.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Daihatsu Copen is a biscuit tin with a motor and wheels. This is a real sports coupe.

Does it come with the 1.6 AE100 engine? JK

Nice car though. Are you selling?

Edited by JoeW

My uncle had a Jowett Javelin.lovely little thing.it was Dark red with a sloping back.I never saw or have seen one again.

When i lived in Pattaya,i had a friend who owned the 'Juice bar' in soi Lenke.he used to run around in a black,topless,

MGB,absolutely pristine.he was pretty much loaded and all the car parts,when needed,were sent from the UK.Even down to its

nuts and bolts.It was original in that respect.I always favoured the Triumph Spitfire mk 5,myself.Never seen one here

here though.Seen Cortinas mk's 1 and 3,A Granada mk 2 and an Anglia 100.A few jags and there was even a Daimler double 6 for

sale on the Sukhumvit.

Ahhh!those were the day's.

KKD

I must admit that is a cool motor. I would prefer it in black but when buying used you can't be too fussy.

I know if you look long enough you can come up with a low mileage good 'un.

That Mazda x5, white one is awesome, I think you are being too fussy. White is the colour, looks lovely, the inside looks fantastic, love the Recaros and trim. I can't understand so many people buying black cars, especially in such a hot climate, light coloured cars define the shape and details much more than black. If you look at a dark car on an overcast day it just looks like a shape, no details visible.

I say buy the Mazda and move on. It's the perfect car.

Vocal Neal, if you read all my opening post, the Copen is my number one choice so far, it fits the bill in all aspects. I have been chasing the white one on One2car but nobody has been replying to my calls until yesterday where I was told it is sold.

Dirt cheap in Japan but import tax means expensive here.

Last week I placed an ad on here and 2 other sites wanting a Copen.

Try one2car.com they have a few for sale

http://www.one2car.com/daihatsu/copen/all/roadster/?min_registered_year=2012&yearrange=upto-2012

I must admit that is a cool motor. I would prefer it in black but when buying used you can't be too fussy.

I know if you look long enough you can come up with a low mileage good 'un.

That Mazda x5, white one is awesome, I think you are being too fussy. White is the colour, looks lovely, the inside looks fantastic, love the Recaros and trim. I can't understand so many people buying black cars, especially in such a hot climate, light coloured cars define the shape and details much more than black. If you look at a dark car on an overcast day it just looks like a shape, no details visible.

I say buy the Mazda and move on. It's the perfect car.

h

I second that emotion. White is the only way to go and the recaros look awesome and probably real comfy!

To the OP go for the little more,you will not regret it.

A Daihatsu Copen is a biscuit tin with a motor and wheels. This is a real sports coupe.

Does it come with the 1.6 AE100 engine? JK

Nice car though. Are you selling?

W124 six cylinder 3.0 L 12V, virtually bulletproof engine. 83,000 km on the odometer. Not selling because I'm still enjoying it.

They built them to last in 1989.

I have had a Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz M Series, Porche, and BMW in the UK. Sports cars and others with low wheel bases are impractical in Thailand due to road conditions and floods. Even cars are impractical in Bangkok, I prefer to use the BTS and leave my high wheel base Honda CRV at home for trips outside of Bangkok.

Mercedes M series and Honda CRV?

Are you seriose?

Why just cant say not have money buy in Thailand and can buy just simple car.

What wrong with Thailand road?

More power engine its more safety.

Better handling its safety too.

Yes in Thailand I have also only Fortuner, becouse so many car i like it to expensive for me.

Edited by ardokano

I have had a Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz M Series, Porche, and BMW in the UK. Sports cars and others with low wheel bases are impractical in Thailand due to road conditions and floods. Even cars are impractical in Bangkok, I prefer to use the BTS and leave my high wheel base Honda CRV at home for trips outside of Bangkok.

Mercedes M series and Honda CRV?

Are you seriose?

Why just cant say not have money buy in Thailand and can buy just simple car.

What wrong with Thailand road?

More power engine its more saftly.

Better handling its saftly too.

Yes in Thailand I have also only Fortuner, becouse so many car i like it to expensive for me.

"saftly" ?huh.png?

I understand what you are saying Alex, however my needs are for the busy roads in Hua Hin, having a 3 litre drag machine would be useless here, there is too much congestion. Also if it was performance I wouldn't need to stick to a sports car.

My desires are more of style rather than speed, a hot hatch will deliver speed, I am more concerned with looks, but thanks for all replies. I do like the Mini Cooper but again overpriced over here and although a dream car when I was younger after watching the Italian Job, it seems over here they are all driven by Thai girls!

Z4 handling really sucks for a sports car. If you could find someone to put a turbo charger on a Miata, that would be good. Had one in the US. Turbo, after cooler, racing springs. Total investment including the used Miata less than 15k. Run away from a Z4 and beat a lot of Porches for not a lot of money.

First gen Z4 handles very well, with go kart like steering

I shd know..

Wow......you owned Ferrari, Rolls etc and now rock around in a modest Honda?

Gees I've owned a few BMW,s and I can't go back to anything jap American or local and enjoy it.

Have to say Estrada makes some of the most sensible comments on here. I've had a couple of out there cars in the uk similar to him. But here the roads just put me off getting anything other than a cheap jap car. Two classic cars I did consider were an XJR and an old Bentley but I soon changed my mind.

Edited by Cook my sock