Bangkok mini van driver involved in vicious road rage attack

webfact

Bangkok mini van driver involved in vicious road rage attack

ro.png

BANGKOK:-- Police are hunting for a mini van driver who attacked another motorist in Nonthaburi on Wednesday.

The driver of the minivan was filmed launching a vicious attack on the driver of a Nissan Tiida car before casually getting back into his vehicle and driving off.

During the footage, the driver of the mini van, who is wearing a yellow T-shirt, can be seen punching the other man several times, before slamming the door of the Nissan on the leg of the victim.

Despite the footage of the incident being widely shared on social media, as well as being reported by Thai news sites, the identity of the mini van driver remains unknown.

Police have said they are yet to receive an official complaint but are aware of the incident and are investigating the actions of the driver.

tvn.png
-- 2016-01-13

Have said it time and time again. Those van drivers are raving

lunatics, and I feel sorry for any person who is forced to travel

in their shitty vans..... These crazed van driver videos are

becoming a sort of standard news item, am surprised the

government has not reined them in.

And not only are they quick to either punch out another driver

or threaten them with a gun, they are crappy drivers as well.

After 14 years on the road in Thailand on a motorcycle, I always

steered well clear of them.

Im sure if they were all tested for drugs most would be positive. I've had the misfortune to have to use there services in the past but years ago stopped needing them fortunately. I can heartily recommend everyone to avoid using them, they are mostly insane.

Im sure if they were all tested for drugs most would be positive. I've had the misfortune to have to use there services in the past but years ago stopped needing them fortunately. I can heartily recommend everyone to avoid using them, they are mostly insane.

I know they are partial to some yaba because it keeps them awake, they get paid by the passenger load, the more runs they do and the faster they drive the more money they make. Of course they don't care if they endanger their passengers, other road users or even themselves.

I doubt the government will do anything.

Its all due to no regulation of public transport. A bunch of crazed idiots driving these "white rollercoasters"

It's all due to lazy worthless cops running tea money check points instead of being on constant patrol.

I guess Nonthaburi traffic makes it too dangerous for them to drive around very much. They only feel safe at checkpoints, where they can run out in front of traffic to pull someone over.

Edited by jaywalker

At what point is enough actually enough? Having them on pictures and videos brandishing knives, guns, and generally partaking in criminality are all too common.

Prayuth is wanting to ban double deckers, but its quite clear these vehicles are much more deadly with such bona fide nutters behind the wheel being the norm. Pathetic if this 1 is just another 500b fine job

Its all due to no regulation of public transport. A bunch of crazed idiots driving these "white rollercoasters"

The BIB have to pay to get into the police farce, pay for their uniforms, pay for their guns...

I bet they have to pay for the gas in their patrol cars and bikes as well.

Only reward is a measly salary and the chance to shake folks down.

Went in a van a couple of weeks ago, it had 5k baht warnings about having no seat belts. All the belts were tied up and on undoing one they were unusable. Don't mind around bkk but never again for a long haul, they drive like they are trying to commit suicide.

I have stayed away from these vans for years because of what I have seen but today was different.

My wife and I had to make a really quick run today from Samut Sakhon to BKK. My wife has been trying to get me to ride in oneof these for years. So, I gave in and took one.

Remarkably it was a very good experience both ways. Both ways driver stayed at 90kmh and no in and out of lanes cutting vehicles off. Not crammed full of people either. All in all a sucsess.

I am on my way right now to get a lotto ticket.

They exist because there is no reasonable alternative for anyone who wants to get into Bangkok without being dumped at a remote bus station. Traffic planning is non-existent, hence no central bus station with bus priority access. Before anyone says it - the problem here would be that the bus lanes would be full of other traffic due to lack of enforcement.

At what point is enough actually enough? Having them on pictures and videos brandishing knives, guns, and generally partaking in criminality are all too common.

Prayuth is wanting to ban double deckers, but its quite clear these vehicles are much more deadly with such bona fide nutters behind the wheel being the norm. Pathetic if this 1 is just another 500b fine job

One of the problems, it seems, is a police report needs to be filed before they will do anything. I think this is just them being lazy. But they should go after any crime whether a report is filed or not. They are suppose to enforce the laws, right? LOL

One of the problems, it seems, is a police report needs to be filed before they will do anything. I think this is just them being lazy. But they should go after any crime whether a report is filed or not. They are suppose to enforce the laws, right? LOL

First they have to announce to all and sundry that they plan to issue a warrant, and only if the others wish to file charges, and there'll be a reward, usually unannounced, but sometimes announced, for the BIB.

Arrests and stiff penalties only happen when there is no reward anywhere to be found and the BIB finally figure out someone has been wasting their time.......Hell they could have made more $$ elsewhere, so they get upset and fines/jail time are imposed.

Thai cops are a complete joke.

Yes, I keep reading about these mini bus drivers and their antics all the time so it must be true.

I do have to say though, having lived in Thailand for ten years and traveled in mini buses many times I have never had an issue

with any of them, never seen any bad driving from any of them, but seen plenty from other drivers.

It must just be the part of Thailand where I live.

Yes, I keep reading about these mini bus drivers and their antics all the time so it must be true.

I do have to say though, having lived in Thailand for ten years and traveled in mini buses many times I have never had an issue

with any of them, never seen any bad driving from any of them, but seen plenty from other drivers.

My experiences are in Bangkok and from Bangkok to Pattaya. They drive like maniacs.

My experiences are in Bangkok and from Bangkok to Pattaya. They drive like maniacs.

I honestly do not doubt you, nobody knows how bad Thai drivers in general are more than me.

It’s tempting to blame the cops or the drivers themselves, but all of those drivers just work for the guys who own the vans- and set the rules. Toss one of the drivers in jail and there will be 10 kamikaze drivers standing in line to take his place. Same if you fine a driver enough that he just quits- plenty more where he came from.

Nothing is going to change until it gets too expensive for the van line owners to allow unsafe driving to get there faster and overfull if possible.

Impound the vans, take away their operating permits and put just one of the van lines out of business as an example to all of them, and see how quickly they get GPS and inertial driving monitors and put the fear of God into their drivers if they’re the reason the company loses their vans and their operating license- if only to protect their investment and their cash machine.

"Just another 500 baht fine job"? Another? Have there been others that you could point out for similar offences or are you just promulgating the ThaiVisa "500 baht fine for everything" urban myth?

Edited by Renrut