3 years forbidden stamp in passport, can I still return now?

Do tell.

paid 20,000 baht at airport and at the same time received stamp in 2015.

As already suggested you need to post a scan of this stamp.

You most certainly were not "banned" or " forbidden" entry as the result of overstaying in 2015

Either you are misunderstanding what is in your passport or there is more of a story to tell.

Edited by sunnyjim5
  • Like 2

Do tell.

Assuming this was for an overstay you should not have received any form of 'forbidden' stamp. This is why it's important that we know exactly what you have.

Please post a photo or scan of the stamp.

Thanks for your help with this. It was for an overstay. This is very important to me. Will post a scan as soon as I can, probably Sunday.

Do tell.

All you got was the normal overstay stamp. That would not prevent you from entering the country. What makes you think it would keep you from entering the country.

It would be best if got a visa before entering the country. If you are legally married you could easily get a single entry non-o visa.

Coming in on a one way could cause problems if you don't have a visa. The airline could refuse boarding your flight without a onward ticket within 30 days,

Thanks for the advice on the ticket/visa and for advice on the stamp. I thought overstays were barred from returning according to how long they overstay. I assumed the stamp recorded that. Will post a scan of the stamp Sunday, the earliest i can.

Edited by Peter Hearth

Do tell.

As already suggested you need to post a scan of this stamp.

You most certainly were not "banned" or " forbidden" entry as the result of overstaying in 2015

Either you are misunderstanding what is in your passport or there is more of a story to tell.

The story is complete I think. I overstayed, paid the fine and flew out. The overstay was over a year but less than 2. I just got in a stupid mess at the time. I am delighted to hear i should be able to return and see my wife.

A three year ban would fit for a 1 - 3 year overstay under the new rules. I guess it's possible that immigration have jumped the gun!

There was another unusual and uncorroborated report saying that someone was arrested and banned for 5 years last November. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/885811-new-overstay-rules-announced-by-immigration/?p=10299113

Edited by elviajero

The number 3 on your stamp looks a bit ominous. Once you post a copy of it on Sunday we can tell you more about it. We've got people who can decipher it.

Thanks, thats great to know. I will try to post a scan tomorrow because I am very anxious to know what it says. I wonder if it would be RED if it recorded a ban?

The number 3 on your stamp looks a bit ominous. Once you post a copy of it on Sunday we can tell you more about it. We've got people who can decipher it.

Thanks, thats great to know. I will try to post a scan tomorrow because I am very anxious to know what it says. I wonder if it would be RED if it recorded a ban?

If you don't know what it says why do you think it says that you have been forbidden for 3 years?

If you don't know what it says why do you think it says that you have been forbidden for 3 years?

Because i was anticipating a three year ban for my overstay and this stamp has '20,000' and a '3' entered by the immigration officer at the airport. I didn't ask him what it was. I have scoured google photos for something similar and cannot see anything. I just hope I am ok. I wish I had asked for your help sooner.

Because i was anticipating a three year ban for my overstay and this stamp has '20,000' and a '3' entered by the immigration officer at the airport. I didn't ask him what it was. I have scoured google photos for something similar and cannot see anything. I just hope I am ok. I wish I had asked for your help sooner.

I assume your concern/anticipation was due to reading the news about the new overstay bans. They do not come in to effect until March 20th so it is highly unlikely that you have received a 3 year ban.

Whenever someone overstays their passport gets stamped and it's just confirmation of the overstay, but we can't tell you what the 3 means until we see the stamp.

When you return you should get a tourist visa or a non 'O' visa. That will reduce the chance of delay/questioning at passport control.

Edited by elviajero

You dont have a mobile?

So why not just a photo ?

Scan is only what old people call :-)

My Mobile is not smart and it cannot connect to my computer, I am quite old! Apart from which I don't have my passport here and need to go and get it tomorrow morning. For sure. It will be great to find out what the stamp says.

I assume your concern/anticipation was due to reading the news about the new overstay bans. They do not come in to effect until March 20th so it is highly unlikely that you have received a 3 year ban.

Whenever someone overstays their passport gets stamped and it's just confirmation of the overstay, but we can't tell you what the 3 means until we see the stamp.

When you return you should get a tourist visa or a non 'O' visa. That will reduce the chance of delay/questioning at passport control.

That gives me hope. I will post the stamp tomorrow and organise a trip to the Thai embassy to apply for a tourist visa. Many thanks.

Edited by Peter Hearth

Out of curiosity was it possibly a 3 month or 3 year overstay?

It was neither. it was over a year but less than 2. 1 year 7 months. Will post an image of the stamp tomorrow, all being well, and look forward to finding out what it means. I really hope its not a 3 year ban!

Had 11 year overstay and cleared it with red stamp in passport with 20000 marked and some other numbers but it had no effect whatsoever as I returned 4 days later on a visa exempt. That you got it sorted out before this coming March should mean that you are okay. However after March 20th a whole different ball game!!

• Like 2

If all else fails, for around 2000B you can contact this company and they will be able to find out if you are blacklisted.

www.thaivisaservice.com

But I would put my money on that have not been banned.

Edited by ldiablo

If all else fails, for around 2000B you can contact this company and they will be able to find out if you are blacklisted.

www.thaivisaservice.com

But I would put my money on that have not been banned.

How do they do this?

They have their ways which I am not entitled to know nor do i care how they know. I and some others here have used that particular service. I think I may have been the first one to enquire to them about blacklisting over two years ago because I got the service for free but now there is a fee.

Very reliable service. I from that day use them and only them for any visa service.

ubonjoe the guru of anything visa related may be able to corroborate my post.

Edited by ldiablo

That gives me hope. I will post the stamp tomorrow and organise a trip to the Thai embassy to apply for a tourist visa. Many thanks.

Will post the stamp on Sunday evening. That is the first day that I can get hold of my passport.

Had 11 year overstay and cleared it with red stamp in passport with 20000 marked and some other numbers but it had no effect whatsoever as I returned 4 days later on a visa exempt. That you got it sorted out before this coming March should mean that you are okay. However after March 20th a whole different ball game!!

Wow!

That's got to be some kind of record rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

RAZZ