Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the RTP bothered to look at all social media comments around the world about Thailand or the ruling elite, they would have most tried in absentia , what the RTP can't handle is that most of their force is poorly equipped , under educated, unprofessional and no where near the same level as the HK or Singapore police or Oz AFP just to name a few ,if that doesn't give them an inferior complex nothing would...................................................coffee1.gif ..

I'm waiting to see the extradition order to get her to a Thai court, from a country that recognizes free speech on social media.................rolleyes.gif

I also wait in anticipation for Thailand to explain exactly what was wrong with what she apparently said in respect to truth......................wink.png

I'm waiting to see the extradition order to get her to a Thai court, from a country that recognizes free speech on social media.................rolleyes.gif

I also wait in anticipation for Thailand to explain exactly what was wrong with what she apparently said in respect to truth......................wink.png

in Thailand it matters not whether it is true or not you are NOT allowed to say it even if someone is guilty

This reaction has only one valid reason: to show Thai people that you can't criticize the Thai Police without the risk of impending doom and the wrath of the Thai officialdom on you and your family for generations to come. It doesn't matter in the least if the threat of prosecution is feasible, logical or enforceable, what matters is that RTP reacted immediately in a threatening manner to the sister's statement

This will backfire on the Police. The sister has been through hell in the last year. Emotions are high. The police are feeling the pressure

Leave it alone . You are going to stir up anti Thai sentiment and it can only hurt Tourism and create angry among the Brits

I presume Laura is in the UK and has no intention of setting foot in Thailand. If so, she is beyond Thai jurisdiction. What would be the practical effect of any investigation?

They should take her to the International Court of Justice in the Hague... Unfortunately, it might turn into a media trial for the BIB and Laura would undoubtedly be acquitted, but it would be very funny, exposing thai justice in all its gory.

Edited by eddie61

Wasn't there two Thai's that criticized the BIB and they are being charged and face an eight year gaol sentence for it?

Now they want to have a go at someone in another country for criticizing them.

The problem is that there are a lot of good BIB's out there but the comments and actions of some others have had a massive affect on the nation as a whole.

This will get bigger so it would be far better to not worry about "face" and concentrate on the issues that have caused this, going after the family's of the victims is not the way forward and someone should inform the PR boy's to this fact.

if they would just stop beeing idiots and let that story rest they would do their country a much better service that now.

That they now investigate the sister did already make news in europe and to avoid that should be more important that saving face by some investigation of a person that will never visit thailand again !

Their record on PR is abysmal, the RTP need professional help in all sectors of their organization.

Think the lady is only having her say,its not good for tourists at all is this and that's why places are closing each week no customers,think Thai government have to welcome the European people back and the only way to do that is to welcome people to Thailand on a 6 month visa without having to leave the country.Only bad press such as this will just keep tourists away for good

exactly what law could she have violated? She is not in Thailand, her fb page is not in Thailand, anything she is doing so far is completely within the law of the country where she resides, as well as the country where the fb page is hosted. Thai Authorities has no jurisdiction whatsoever in this situation.

Edited by AlQaholic

It's a crying shame the authorities don't get their own house in order before they start thinking about bringing charges.

Too many times you hear of alleged bungled attempts to show the public they are trying to clean up the corruption that lies within.

Leave this poor girl to mourn her sister, strange how charges can be bought against her so quickly but try to charge a colleague or an official with corruption a very slow proccess

Surely for Thai public consumption, promoting the idea that the powers that be in Thailand have reach beyond their borders (in other words, fooling the slaves into thinking their masters have any real power).

I doubt he/they really believe they can achieve anything beyond passing some motion that if she ever goes to The Land Of Corruption they'd get her then.

Again, I say the British government needs to stand up for its citizens and warn them before going to that backwards and morally bankrupt country. This is salt in the wound for any British family who suffered when Thailand killed their family members.

What more proof do people need that Thailand does not respect its guests and needs boycotting?

Nearly all guests in Thailand have only positive things to think about the place until the Thais damage their own reputation by abusing people they should be taking care of. That is the bottom line: Thais have damaged their reputation and they deserve nothing less than to be openly held responsible and not be allowed to abuse the citizens of other countries.

Thailand, shame on you.

British government, shame on you even more.

Agree, regrettably the UK government have zero balls, shame on you. Not once have I seen an example of you defending your citizens rights, it is about time you read what you print in your travel document referred to as a passport, the one that starts "Her Britannic"

As for Thailand, I feel for those that have made this country so wonderful and a great place to visit having their lives made more difficult by actions that will lower Thailand in the list of desirable places to holiday.

oohh Asians don't take criticism to well do they?

No! The concept of 'face' is something you have to put up with when living here. And that's all this is. Nothing further will happen but the police have made their point. Edited by brewsterbudgen

I am a bit confused. The sister has some issues with the death of her sister and how it was investigated by the Thai police. She expresses this opinion on facebook in English directed at an audience of foreigners, NOT Thais. Apparently, the police do not like the criticism and want to have her posts "translated" into Thai to see if any Thai laws were broken. Part of my confusion is that whatever she did was not done in Thailand. So, if the translation reveals that some Thai law was violated, then.....Is it planned to seek her extradition from the UK? The underlying assertion here seems to be that whatever anyone writes on the internet is subject to Thai censorship, or a slander lawsuit?

I'm awaiting the day when the powers that be apprehend tv members for free speech. One must understand that to speak your mind is not allowed in Thailand since this is considered an effrontery and not to be discussed albeit in private or public. Democracy in this country is acceptable as long as you do what your told.

Well I find it perfectly normal to hold accountable a person who throws bulk accusations without any evidence to substantiate them.

Obviously we understand that her knowledge of the world has not exceeded the limits of his village as evidenced her complete misunderstanding of the remark stating that his sister would return in 30 days. The person who was speaking wanted to comfort her but one might think that the reincarnation of Buddhists subtleties not yet reached Norwich...

She is sister of the victim. This status confers she in the moment the opportunity to speak publicly is to be heard. So we listen politely but we are entitled ask to explain on behalf of persons or institutions it has unjustly blamed.