Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I am completely blown away with this nonsense, what makes adults behave like this

Don't you get it, there is something very wrong on that Island, the damage has been done it is now "fix it time" enough is enough

The whole thing is disgusting, I hope the Miller family are reflecting after their comments were paraded as some sort of sick endorsement by the Thai media, I know they didn't intend for that but that is exactly what happened

Laura, her family and pretty much most of the world are looking at you Thailand to do the right thing - produce the original DNA samples that this conviction was based and all this will go away, simple...............................waiting waiting waiting

Just stop to criticize Thailand all the time! Its a commom sense allways to know it better! If someone is not happy with the things going on here,why not just leave?Nobody has to stay here its not a must.....we are all guests here and if we dont like the way it is, then just go back to your country.

And when back in your country then shure you start to criticize the goverment there and so it goes on and on?....

Let the Thai Police do there Job and enjoy the beautiful country here!

I read some of her comments in the Daily Express.

If what she has said is true - and I have no reason to doubt her - SHE is the one who has every reason to be upset.

Sister of murdered Briton claims cruel Thai police told parents to 'just make another one' HEARTLESS Thai officials allegedly told the parents of a murdered British backpacker to "go home and make another" child after their daughter was raped and killed on a tourist beach, it emerged today.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/633632/Thailand-Hannah-Witheridge-Laura-Witheridge-David-Miller-backpacker-murder

Comments Unavailable

I wonder why

And what of British corporate interests in Thailand? What have they got to say on the matter?

I don't know about Britain but am sure Burma will hit the Thais where it hurts the most also investment been done could cause problems for Thailand also isn't like the Burma needs Thailand .. when they do have other options now also people lets not forget about Zaw and Win ..

Edited by Nicolas32

Surely for Thai public consumption, promoting the idea that the powers that be in Thailand have reach beyond their borders (in other words, fooling the slaves into thinking their masters have any real power).

Yes exactly. It's how the Big Boys do. Like Merika declaring people's terrorist and dangerous and therefore falling under Americas laws. Holding oh so dangerous folks offshore thereby avoiding the due process which is hallmark of Merika fabulous utopia.

Face is all.

Maybe There is something very serious wrong with the Police/Lawyers/Justice system,You see now the Sister is doing some talking( The Truth?) And the Hackers Anonymous is talking some (The Truth?).What are they trying to Do Covering Something up (The Truth? ) by trying to Prosecuting the Sister and trying to shut her up this way???? Follow this Closely if you can.This might explode into something Big and very Ugly !

Just stop to criticize Thailand all the time! Its a commom sense allways to know it better! If someone is not happy with the things going on here,why not just leave?Nobody has to stay here its not a must.....we are all guests here and if we dont like the way it is, then just go back to your country.

And when back in your country then shure you start to criticize the goverment there and so it goes on and on?....

Horay!!!! The first "if you don't like it go home" post of the dayintheclub.gif

"Let the Thai Police do there Job...."

But they're not. That's the reason behind this whole mess. If this is hard for you to comprehend then I fell sorry for you.

<Deleted a lot of stuff about the RTP that could have come back to haunt me>

I presume Laura is in the UK and has no intention of setting foot in Thailand. If so, she is beyond Thai jurisdiction. What would be the practical effect of any investigation?

They should take her to the International Court of Justice in the Hague... Unfortunately, it might turn into a media trial for the BIB and Laura would undoubtedly be acquitted, but it would be very funny, exposing thai justice in all its gory.

Perhaps she should counter by taking the first steps to the Hauge.

Being muted by a regime for expressing her opinion on a traumatic experience where she believes justice wasn't done.

I think the whole thing stinks from beginning to end.And now the RTB want to sue a person who is not even in the country.Do they expect the UK to willingly assist them.This girls sister died a terrible death from the hand's of person/persons,who did it because they could.i suppose next,there will be accusations,from the RTB that the families asked for money from the Thai authorities and they would accept the verdict of the BM2,just to get it over with.And now another Brit is dead.How long do they think that they can keep allowing this.

Look! we all know that tourism isn't going to stop.All this publicity about people getting shot,stabbed,falling etc is just giving Thailand adverse publicity of being like the wild West.Some people love that,they want to experience the wild West atmosphere,the lawlessness,the gang shootings,it brings to mind the OK Coral.The corrupt sheriff's who all think they are Wyatt Earp.Even now,with bank guards threatening to shoot people for parking.It wont change a thing.I get vision's of young guy's in club's in the Uk chatting to girlies.

Where are you going for your holidays this year?

I'm going to the most dangerous place on earth baby,so let's get it on,cos i might not be back.

Tourism will never stop here,people are drawn to dangerous locations,just to say they've lived the experience.

thailand wins either way.

KKD

Wake up dreamer.

I presume Laura is in the UK and has no intention of setting foot in Thailand. If so, she is beyond Thai jurisdiction. What would be the practical effect of any investigation?

They should take her to the International Court of Justice in the Hague... Unfortunately, it might turn into a media trial for the BIB and Laura would undoubtedly be acquitted, but it would be very funny, exposing thai justice in all its gory.

Perhaps she should counter by taking the first steps to the Hauge.

Being muted by a regime for expressing her opinion on a traumatic experience where she believes justice wasn't done.

The way the British government has been handling this case is like a bunch of cheap prostitutes,they would probably extradite her to Thailand.

Something doesn't have to be false to be defamation in Thailand. Idiot face thing.

Will the Junta never tire of bringing negative international attention to itself?

And what court going to listen to them..? UK wouldn't plus she not even in Thailand so how the hell are they going to sue her for her comments ..?

funny-quotes-quotes-a-day-5.jpg

First there is no misinterpretation or piss poor translation in this. Please Nothing about culture nothing about literal translation, threatening to sue is clear as a bell.

By the way her government is getting to the bottom of this murder investigation, it wouldn't surprise me that if they would allow him to sue her in a UK court. This might very well be the final straw for the UK government to be forced to step in and do something to protect her citizens. Where is the diplomatic clout of the UK ?where oh where is it ? This poor girl has suffered enough already.

Of course this is in my humble opinion. I wish this young lady all the psychological strength in the world she's going to need it.

Backwards country, run by arrogant idiots and bullies. They are so used to suppressing their own people, they think they can do this with the rest of the world. They assume intelligence / investigative / cognitive thinking levels are the same in the rest of the world as they are in Thailand.

Regarding the alleged comments made to her by Thai officials, I don't find them credible. Why did she not report them while she was in Thailand?

I can imagine they were told by the defense lawyers not to make any statements to the press while the trial was in process.

Ludicrous. She is a British subject living in her homeland and is not subject to the egregious defamation laws of Thailand. One wonders sometimes whether the idiots running the new Myanmar actually take lessons in how to make themselves look ridiculous;.

Myanmar NEVER "considered prosecuting" foreigners living abroad for whatever reason. They couldn't care less what others thought ;-)

Regarding the alleged comments made to her by Thai officials, I don't find them credible. Why did she not report them while she was in Thailand?

Umm, she claims that she was offered bribes, received death threats, and was chased by cars. I don't know who she claims did this but apparently she felt safer leaving Thailand first.

The two Bumese guy's lives are in grave danger, this whole thing is getting out of complete control.

I fear they will be silenced once and for all....very soon.

I don't think this is going to go away either way and will just gain more publicity if the B2 are helped off a 3rd story balcony.

This young lady deserves answers, truthful and believable ones.

You don't find them credible because you don't want them to be true.

Your own credibility is also suspect after some of the comments you made on the thread started when the verdict was announced.

And here we see the contempt, control, arrogance, ignorance and xenophobia now in full flow from the Thai side, and it doesn't bode well for anyone.

I could well believe "all" that she claimed was said to her in the original post before it was edited, it's the very epitome of Thai (male) thinking.

"face" ... gotta love it (not).

Thailand needs to rethink the concept of face.

1. In the last year they have lost so much face there is really not

much left.

2. Face in Thai culture is dependent upon less powerful people

keeping quiet when faced with bizarre antics of more powerful

people.

3. In the era of public media via the internet, people can no longer

be intimidated to be quiet. In fact such demands only infuriate

people even more. As Thailand is now finding out by threatening

Hannah's sister. What in the bleep are these people thinking ??

I know Thailand still exists in a feudal state, but at some point

they need to wake up to the new reality.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen