Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

webfact

Surely for Thai public consumption, promoting the idea that the powers that be in Thailand have reach beyond their borders (in other words, fooling the slaves into thinking their masters have any real power).

I doubt he/they really believe they can achieve anything beyond passing some motion that if she ever goes to The Land Of Corruption they'd get her then.

Again, I say the British government needs to stand up for its citizens and warn them before going to that backwards and morally bankrupt country. This is salt in the wound for any British family who suffered when Thailand killed their family members.

What more proof do people need that Thailand does not respect its guests and needs boycotting?

Nearly all guests in Thailand have only positive things to think about the place until the Thais damage their own reputation by abusing people they should be taking care of. That is the bottom line: Thais have damaged their reputation and they deserve nothing less than to be openly held responsible and not be allowed to abuse the citizens of other countries.

Thailand, shame on you.

British government, shame on you even more.

You would think that this family have suffered enough and therefore earned the right to speak openly and voice their opinion in their own country wouldn't you?

Indeed,. Anyone asking our esteemed ambassador in Bangkok his thoughts on all this? From Rule Britannia to Thailand's' trading bitch! That's some fall from grace!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys excuse my ignorance..what's a VPN ?? Please..

VPN is a Virtual Private network

It works by creating an internet tunnel to a computer overseas so that it appears your computer is in that country. You can switch it on or off as you wish

There are free ones, in my view they are a total wast of money

There are a number of subscription ones that you can subscribe to. For example WiTopia is $50 a year with very solid backup and simple to use.

Em me if you want any further information

U can get vpn for free

Just stop to criticize Thailand all the time! Its a commom sense allways to know it better! If someone is not happy with the things going on here,why not just leave?Nobody has to stay here its not a must.....we are all guests here and if we dont like the way it is, then just go back to your country.

And when back in your country then shure you start to criticize the goverment there and so it goes on and on?....

Let the Thai Police do there Job and enjoy the beautiful country here!

There are so many things wrong with what you said!

Thailand courts tourists (guests). Thailand abuses tourists EVERY DAY. Sometime they KILL them, but usually just beat them to a pulp. Sometimes they just scam them for money.

You obviously have never had any dealings with Thai Police. I have.

My wife was fined 10,000 baht just because she has a 'Farang' last name over an accident that was not her fault.

The cop blatantly told her. "You married to farang. All farangs have big money. Must pay 10,000 baht or I make big problem for you".

Surely for Thai public consumption, promoting the idea that the powers that be in Thailand have reach beyond their borders (in other words, fooling the slaves into thinking their masters have any real power).

I doubt he/they really believe they can achieve anything beyond passing some motion that if she ever goes to The Land Of Corruption they'd get her then.

Again, I say the British government needs to stand up for its citizens and warn them before going to that backwards and morally bankrupt country. This is salt in the wound for any British family who suffered when Thailand killed their family members.

What more proof do people need that Thailand does not respect its guests and needs boycotting?

Nearly all guests in Thailand have only positive things to think about the place until the Thais damage their own reputation by abusing people they should be taking care of. That is the bottom line: Thais have damaged their reputation and they deserve nothing less than to be openly held responsible and not be allowed to abuse the citizens of other countries.

Thailand, shame on you.

You would think that this family have suffered enough and therefore earned the right to speak openly and voice their opinion in their own country wouldn't you?

Indeed,. Anyone asking our esteemed ambassador in Bangkok his thoughts on all this? From Rule Britannia to Thailand's' trading bitch! That's some fall from grace!

The UK Ambassador, like all diplomats, is there to represent the views of his government in their dealings with Thailand.

I should imagine that his personal opinions mirror many of those expressed on this forum, but they are just that, personal opinions. His government, in considering their response ( particularly in view of the venal aspects of the establishment they are dealing with) will have to consider the reactions, not least ( I hope) any repercussions for the significant number of us living here.

he had assigned the International Affairs Division to translate Laura's Facebook post

wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhooooooooouuuuuuuuua !..dont they speak and understand english and the meaning of english words in that department ?

perhaps they should bike for mom and dad more often listening english lessons at the same time....because it is very clear what she said.

coffee1.gif

This reaction has only one valid reason: to show Thai people that you can't criticize the Thai Police without the risk of impending doom and the wrath of the Thai officialdom on you and your family for generations to come. It doesn't matter in the least if the threat of prosecution is feasible, logical or enforceable, what matters is that RTP reacted immediately in a threatening manner to the sister's statement

And so goes Thailand.

post-45577-0-74873600-1452838040_thumb.j

The official who said this is just saying whatever to preserve their sense of authority or control. Obviously, there is nothing they can do about what Hannah's sister says on facebook. This kind of statement from the government is probably made for our benefit, to try and make us fearful of speaking out should anything happen to any of us or friends or family. What a way to promote your image in the global community, eh?

he had assigned the International Affairs Division to translate Laura's Facebook post

wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhooooooooouuuuuuuuua !..dont they speak and understand english and the meaning of english words in that department ?

perhaps they should bike for mom and dad more often listening english lessons at the same time....because it is very clear what she said.

coffee1.gif

Hope they got the translation right whistling.gif

Police consider prosecuting Koh Tao victim's sister over Thailand criticism

The only thing that can be said

​In the immortal word of sergeant Wilson" Do you think that's wise Captain Mainwaring!"

The two Bumese guy's lives are in grave danger, this whole thing is getting out of complete control.

I fear they will be silenced once and for all....very soon.

I don't think this is going to go away either way and will just gain more publicity if the B2 are helped off a 3rd story balcony.

This young lady deserves answers, truthful and believable ones.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't her FB post contain a lot of expletives. If I am right then the words used certainly do not put her in the category of being a lady, young maybe but not the former, however if I am wrong, then I stand corrrected.

Yeah you are wrong!

on several levels!

Are you not the chap that was recently posting about being an ex copper and fact checking and stuff?

I dread to think how you dealt with female crime victims if that is your attitude.

Your ad-hominem attack on Laura gives you away fella..

Nice try, but no cigar for you!

Edited by MrTee

You have to be careful about criticising other countries and their folk. It's not just Thailand. I remember getting a heck of a lot of stick from USA customers once. It wasn't that I'd singled anyone of them out, I sent the same reasonable message I'd send to any other foreign customer who made a mistake, but I very soon learnt that Americans do not like to be told they are wrong and that there is no greater insult.

Just saying.

The UK Ambassador, like all diplomats, is there to represent the views of his government in their dealings with Thailand.

I should imagine that his personal opinions mirror many of those expressed on this forum, but they are just that, personal opinions. His government, in considering their response ( particularly in view of the venal aspects of the establishment they are dealing with) will have to consider the reactions, not least ( I hope) any repercussions for the significant number of us living here.

Oh I think you can come out from under the bed - the UK Govt. has clearly highlighted their interests throughout this travesty.

Edited by Luang

Some times the truth hurts. If the prosecute her the will also have to prosecute many other news papers around the world. Thailand,s police should be quiet until they have a new trail for the so called Koh Tao suspected murders. More unneeded bad press for this unnecessary response. The police talk first before thinking about what they are really saying.

Thailand needs to rethink the concept of face.

1. In the last year they have lost so much face there is really not

much left.

2. Face in Thai culture is dependent upon less powerful people

keeping quiet when faced with bizarre antics of more powerful

people.

3. In the era of public media via the internet, people can no longer

be intimidated to be quiet. In fact such demands only infuriate

people even more. As Thailand is now finding out by threatening

Hannah's sister. What in the bleep are these people thinking ??

I know Thailand still exists in a feudal state, but at some point

they need to wake up to the new reality.....

If you can find anything positive about this whole <deleted> mess, perhaps it is that they may represent part of the death throes (which may last a long time) of this corrupt feudal system.

Maybe in years to come this may be a fitting epitaph for these two young people.

Wonderfully put, but do the Thai people have the same desire as their foreign guests?

For if they did the lunatics running the asylum would be removed in one night.

So sick of this 'guest' BS, they KILL guests, beat them up, scam them etc..

I'm sure the Thai people are just THRILLED at the form of government they have.

It's very close to that of the US, where they have elections for regime change every 4 years.

In Thailand it's a coup (on average) every 4.17 years.

The Thai people protest out the WAZOO! They apparently are NOT happy, so they resort to almost civil war, and they have a coup.

Us 'guests' simply present an alternative solution that falls on deaf ears.

We also get upset at travesties of justice *gasp*.........How DARE WE!!!!!!!!! We're just guests.

Give that shit a break please?

Edited by jaywalker

If they do prosecute, it will be the first time I have heard of prosecution for bad public relations.

I don't think the authorities are getting good advice by ordering/allowing the police to do this. All they have achieved is the placing of the story back on the front page in the UK. Now more people will learn about the vindictiveness of a state against the bereaved young woman - terrible public relations move. And they can see that no one has any rights in Thailand when it comes to expressing an opinion, even if that opinion is based on reasonable concerns. It goes without saying that this will drive down the number of British and possibly other falang visitors to the country.

So if Thailand will prosecute her for negative remarks, what about all the TVF members comments? Should we be worried?

The gusto with which some TV posters are posting would suggest theyare not worried rasmus.

I am always wary of becoming involved in the politics of another country, unless I am utterly positive I will never visit, e.g., Rwanda, Chad, etc.

Living in Thailand, or even intending to visit, and criticizing, Thai politics, policing, policy, etc., occurs to me to be less than prudent.....but of course, I may be too conservative, or just plain wrong.

The internet is a great resource, but it makes everybody a next door neighbour.

Thailand, shame on you.

Sadly, I agree with you. I could never be an ambassador.

It's pretty clear that the US and UK ambassadors would like to get on TVF and rant w/the rest of us, but have to sugar-coat everything they say, and even that pisses them off.

So if Thailand will prosecute her for negative remarks, what about all the TVF members comments? Should we be worried?

The gusto with which some TV posters are posting would suggest theyare not worried rasmus.

I am always wary of becoming involved in the politics of another country, unless I am utterly positive I will never visit, e.g., Rwanda, Chad, etc.

Living in Thailand, or even intending to visit, and criticizing, Thai politics, policing, policy, etc., occurs to me to be less than prudent.....but of course, I may be too conservative, or just plain wrong.

The internet is a great resource, but it makes everybody a next door neighbour.

This was a crime, a vicious double murder, but a simple crime nothing more.

That's until certain people of an elite nature became involved.

This case should have nothing to do with politics and has nothing to do with politics.

A crime committed, an investigation then a trial and conviction, that's what should have happened.

What we got was a bloody circus.

I presume Laura is in the UK and has no intention of setting foot in Thailand. If so, she is beyond Thai jurisdiction. What would be the practical effect of any investigation?

Perhaps Scotland Yard could invite the RTP over to observe how things are done in a country that isn't utterly corrupt...