Retirement Extension at Chaeng Wattana - TM30 required?

Hi All,

I've seen a string saying that to get a retirement extension of stay at Pattaya and Jomtien they are sometimes required to provide a TM30 form (Notification of Residence). I'm going to Chaeng Wattana for an extension next week. I've never been asked for that form in the past. Has anyone been asked for it at CW?

Thanks

TG

What are you planning on taking for proof of where you live ? Lease or ?

I take a copy of my lease. But in the past 3 years (at CW) they've never asked me for it or any other proof of residence. I don't offer documents unless they ask.

I provided my lease at CW. Main officer didn't like that the name of condo building was not on it. Just company stamp of owner. Regards the TM30 there was a report of fact it had not been lodged. That was NOT cw. Anyway I elected to post mine in as me as the possessor.

However ubonjoe would be correct. Not required at cw

I have a list of requirements for retirement renewal. This includes a copy of my lease.

I clip them all together neatly and hand them over. I have never been questioned, the IO looks through everything, and the interview takes about 5 minutes.

TM30 is not on my list.

I got my 1 year additional retirement visa this week. I had to bring along proof of residence, in my case it was an internet bill and my car insurance document. A lease would do as well. Any invoice with your name and address. There was also 2 new forms to sign saying you understood the regulations and penalties for overstaying your visa and not reporting every 90 days

7 or 8 extensions now. Never been asked for any kind of proof of address. Never been asked for anything beyond the standard documents required for a retirement visa. I think CW does things by the book. No extra requirements like some of the provinces.

I did my fifth extension (retirement) at Chaengwattana last week. I was not asked for any form of address verification at all, and haven't been for the last four times either. I always take a lease copy and a utility bill, but have never been asked for them, or a TM30.

I never offer any documents or any information that is not asked for, as I feel it's asking for trouble.

Like you have done 5 retirement extensions at CW and getting ready for my sixth and never had to prove my residence. Based on what others have posted here always take a copy of the lease, utility bill but never need them.

I did my fifth extension (retirement) at Chaengwattana last week. I was not asked for any form of address verification at all, and haven't been for the last four times either. I always take a lease copy and a utility bill, but have never been asked for them, or a TM30.

I never offer any documents or any information that is not asked for, as I feel it's asking for trouble.

Good advice. What the eye doesn't see

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply to quoted text