• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Two men found hanged in Phuket

rooster59

Two men found hanged in Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-73292200-1452913766_thumb.

69-year-old Somboon Nakosiri was found hanged at the Oldman Coffee shop on Ranong Rd.

PHUKET: Two man, one expat and one Thai, were found hanged in two separate incidents early yesterday morning (Jan 15), police have yet to rule on the true causes of death.

Phuket City Police’s Lt Col Chana Suthimas received a call at 5:45am stating that a man had been found hanged at his home in Phuket Town.

Lt Col Chana arrived at the property, the Oldman Coffee shop on Ranong Rd, with Kusoldharm rescue workers to find the body of 69-year-old Somboon Nakosiri in a sitting position at the front door.

Lt Col Chana said there were no signs of assault on the body only a red mark around the neck. There were no signs of a robbery at the property.

“The victim’s family said Mr Somboon had been stressed over the current economic situation so he committed suicide. However, the body was taken to hospital for doctors to confirm the cause of death.” Lt Col Chana said.

The victim’s nephew told police that he came downstairs and found his uncle hanging from the door with a piece of cloth. He took the body down and called police.

Family members also told police that besides stress, Mr Somboon suffered several illnesses including diabetes, heart disease,and high blood pressure.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-men-found-hanged-in-phuket-55806.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-16

Hanging seems to be becoming more popular than balcony jumping these days. With or without hands tied behind the back. In a country where you can buy pretty much anything from a pharmacy you would think that would be prefered.

It is quite staggering how many deaths of foreigners there are in Thailand with the vast majority being around Pattaya and Phuket.

A double suicide, whats next.?

" Two man, one expat and one Thai, were found hanged in two separate incidents early yesterday morning (Jan 15), police have yet to rule on the true causes of death."

Not sure how you interpreted that sentence as a double suicide... Reading comprehension possibly and a bit of misspelling by the OP, it should read; men rather than man?

Hanging seems to be becoming more popular than balcony jumping these days. With or without hands tied behind the back. In a country where you can buy pretty much anything from a pharmacy you would think that would be prefered.

It is quite staggering how many deaths of foreigners there are in Thailand with the vast majority being around Pattaya and Phuket.

Hi dunroaming,

I took a flight out of Phuket once, and I have never ventured to Pattaya. I may go to Phuket one day, but the only conceivable reason to go to Pattaya's if I was kindknapped or maybe watching someone I knew box in the stadium. The saying "Thailand's a loser magnet", possibly invented by a long-time stayer certainly rings true for a lot of the expats. They're not all losers, but a lot of them are. Those type of people really like Pattaya; the perverts, the ones "on golf holidays", etc..

I was speaking to this morbidly obese european gentelman some years' ago, in Koh Pi Pi and he was telling me that he'd just found out that a friend of his had just killed himself and he'd just found out, and he'd been telling him if life had been that bad, he should have come out to see him in Thailand and he'd feel better for it.

People unfortunately do kill themselves and it's very sad, but as I've always been quick to point out it's often only when the person is dead or almost, following a failed attempt that anyone pays them any attention.

Some people are born losers, and normally they're born into a family of losers. The loser comes in two types: happy go lucky, and crab in a bucket. If you're from the latter category it's generally bought about by closeness to a toxic family and social circles. If those people can't make some distance and take the decade or two to get over all of the negativity---as it does take that long, then it's better that they're dead than living a horrible life.

I actually think that for a lot of people it shows a great deal of inititive. I'd never do it myself unless I was being pressured to get at someone else and others were at risk if I were alive, but that's not the same. I however am lucky, as I see the soft kill which is toxic people the same as a busy road, and therefore I'm equipped to avoid such horrible circumstances.

On a lighter note. Do you think that Frenchman who tied his hands behind his back was doing it to show off how clever he was? If that's the way you chose to go, it does show a lot of class, and who's ever going to get the last word in after that---f*cking genius.

Over 40,000 people commit suicide in the USA every year.

This isn"t just a Thailand problem.

suicide..RIGHT ?

These door hangings seem to be happening a lot, and with a cloth, and red string.

I wonder if auto erotic asphyxiation gone wrong in some cases. Cloth to prevent marks to the neck.

To many hangings happening and jumping off buildings here very sad.

RIP.

All most everyday, we hear about a foreigner losing his life in a tragic way, not much else you say

about it, just that Thailand may be a paradise to many foreigners, but paradise lost to others...

I can only speak for my country Australia. It ranks highly in many levels of great place to live. You may be surprised how many suicides there are. These do not make the news. They cover ever demographic and situation. The debt ridden farmer, the disenfranchised young person and the usual divorce/ love disasters. They hardly make news. Also point out that many expats here are coming from not a cherry ripe background in farang world.

All most everyday, we hear about a foreigner losing his life in a tragic way, not much else you say

about it, just that Thailand may be a paradise to many foreigners, but paradise lost to others...

This has always mystified me. I'd love to see some stats about how many tourists enjoying the holiday of a lifetime in paradise elect to throw themselves off high floor balconies….must be something in the water.

“After making inquiries, we learned that the victim had been living alone at this rented home for over five years but recently started dating a Thai girl who works in a bar beer on Kamala Beach. We will question her to get more information,” said Lt Nawin"

yes like where is his money and all his stuff?

Edited by NCC1701A

“After making inquiries, we learned that the victim had been living alone at this rented home for over five years but recently started dating a Thai girl who works in a bar beer on Kamala Beach. We will question her to get more information,” said Lt Nawin"
yes like where is his money and all his stuff?

yes, like where is his wallet ? and his mobile ?

Very sad, last year a good friend of mine was found hanged. I hadn't spoke with him for about 2 weeks when it happened but 2 weeks prior to his suicide he seemed in really good spirits , excited about moving into a new house with his girlfriend and her kids .

This happened in the UK , not too many years ago my brothers best friend went into the local pub with an envelope, gave it to the landlord and said there's £2000 in that envelope for a family party, it will be in a couple of weeks- 3 days later his brother found him hanging from the stair banister. Both these guys seemed perfectly fine on the surface but obviously were not. Depression is such a bad thing .

This has always mystified me. I'd love to see some stats about how many tourists enjoying the holiday of a lifetime in paradise elect to throw themselves off high floor balconies….must be something in the water.

About 1 million tourists visit Thailand every year from the UK alone, in the UK we have a suicide rate of 0.01%, going by these figures alone, we could expect 100 British suicides in Thailand every year, extrapolating this to include the 29 million foreign tourists who now visit Thailand, the number could be as high as 3000 foreigner suicides per year in Thailand. How many are there? Maybe 100? Certainly not several everyday like we would expect in their home countries, I guess Thailand is a happy place to be after all!