What really goes on at 6am in Pattaya?

Inspire

It used to be: 6 AM /Walking street,

Ladies, dancing all night, but not successfully getting an all night companion, used to gather at a bar after 4 AM to have a nightcap.(Won't name the Place, but it had something do do with "blue(s) jeans fabrication.). With Blues Music of course.smile.png

Basically, a congregation of "Hostesses", originating from Walking Street Go-Go Bars. Girls that were left without nightly firm commitments. Go-Go girls!., Not riff-raff beach road personnel, freshly imported from the Isaan, well understood!

I found it always rewarding, between 4 AM and 9 AM. Market forces at work: Supply and Demand!

I suppose that was yesterday.

Cheers.

Insomnia is still going around that time (usually). Other than that 6 to 9am is the weak spot of Pattaya. Massages open shortly after and Soi 6 around 3-3:30pm where the city picks up again.

Reminds me of when I was a bouncer in nightclubs when I was in college,seeing the club afterhours....No glitter see it how it really is......pretty filthy.

Every country I've been in it was the same. If you really enjoyed a bar/club from late pm to early am never go see it in the daylight. Changes your whole idea of the place.

Most mornings I walk from Dusit to Walking Street and back, starting at around 6am. Keep myself amused by counting the rats.

And people watching as I walk---ladyboys still primping and strutting, the lowly, efficient sidewalk sweepers doing their jobs, boatsmen waiting for the busloads, etc.

In south Pattaya it can be one of the most dangerous times to drive, loads of drunken Thais 2 or 3 to a scooter racing home to bed at full speed. I have had more near misses between 06:00-08:00 than any other time in the day.

i always loved the early AM to get up for a walk about. cooler, air is cleaner, it is quieter, some eateries are open or opening. Some morning deliveries are happening and I so wish good things for the honest hard working folks. Some cute office or hotel staff ladies are buzzing by on their scooters on the way to work. Best of all is the quiet. Occasionally catch a scent of some incense in the air.

When I'm in Pattaya that's the best time for beach road walks......... too early for the nasty people.smile.png

Hmmmmm. Times must have changed.

When I used to walk back to the hotel along Beach Rd at 6am after a long night in the WS discos I always had to run the ladyboy picket line biggrin.png .

the ladyboys are still out, but usually only if it is still dark and the sun not up yet. And many are on roving patrol on their scooters and will drive in any direction with or against traffic and on any side of the road if they think you are a potential target

-It think what goes on in Pattaya city at 6am depends on what section of the city you are located or what soi you are referring to. I am on my way to work before 6am, and as I depart my condo in North Pattaya, I already see people jogging or walking along the Beach Road promenade, speed boats arriving along the beach to take tourists to the various islands, many locals on their motorbikes going to work or school. And there are always a few drunk tourists straggling their way back to their hotels or a "one night only" girlfriend flagging down a taxi motorbike to get home. I suppose if you are on Walking street or at the beach near Walking Street you would see more farangs passed out from partying too much.

Important detail... some farang...Act very bad........ for them....Pattaya ( especially drunk people) can be a very very dangerous place...... be respectful...dont show too much money .....and you will be fine !!!! (Mention to the Police.... in my opinion...From all the place i've been in thai ......the most "cool" cops are in pattaya..Very easy to talk to them..And to ask about the place..What's good or bad to do and where to go...