Second Hand Pick up Trucks to buy

3 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Does your Triton have 6 airbags, anti-rollover mitigation and electronic stability control?

I am only stating a well known fact,  you are so defensive of your F O R D, do your own research on my vehicle. does the equivalent  priced model Ranger have 6 air bags, i did the research - No

On ‎19‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:31 PM, stupidfarang said:

Yes the pick ups do have a hard life in Thailand and it is a throw of the dice, yet I know there are many owned by westerners that are hardly used and with a friend paying over 1 million bhat for his isuzu 2 years ago and it is only worth around 500,000 bhat now, he is not happy. There is an over supply of trucks now. If I was to buy second hand then I would want to do it via Toyota Sure or another manufacturers outlet with a warranty.

Buy new. Yes you will lose a lot of money on resale.....unfortunate but common .....but the few hundred thousand baht you lose by buying new will be offset by the peace of mind you get from having a reliable truck.

If money is not an issue get something top of the range with all possible extras. At least you will have something nice to drive for a year or two.

I am only stating a well known fact,  you are so defensive of your F O R D, do your own research on my vehicle. does the equivalent  priced model Ranger have 6 air bags, i did the research - No

Hence I spent a bit more and got the one that did.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:57 AM, IMHO said:

Yep, a 2014 top spec V-cross Auto 4x4 is going for 700-800K, depending on KM's and condition. 500K sounds more like the lowest of lowball trade in offers ;)

That's pretty accurate I think. I bought one of the very first V-Cross (top spec). One year later the dealer offered me 550K thb for it.

I eventually sold it at just over three and a quarter years old, 50K+ kms for almost 700K thb. Even at that I think I let it go a little cheap ...   and of course that was the time of the New Car Scheme ...

4 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

And Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc...

So, they are on a par with the other brands, not better? For god's sake, don't you get tired of singing Ford's praises? You are worse than a one-eyed football supporter.

Edited by giddyup

So, they are on a par with the other brands, not better? For god's sake, don't you get tired of singing Ford's praises? You are worse than a one-eyed football supporter.

No. They're better in most respects unless you'd buy a Toyota which means you don't really care what you drive.

All brands have issues, but Ford and Mazda generally make cars that are better to drive and have better safety tech.

3 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

No. They're better in most respects unless you'd buy a Toyota which means you don't really care what you drive.

All brands have issues, but Ford and Mazda generally make cars that are better to drive and have better safety tech.

:cheesy:..............And break down service in every province.....:cheesy:

4 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

And Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc...

show us some photo's of upset Honda, Toyota or Nissan owners in Thailand, Ford are treating the fiesta owners like dirt, The ford dealers i went to were far from helpful, that's when you could get one to talk to you.

show us some photo's of upset Honda, Toyota or Nissan owners in Thailand, Ford are treating the fiesta owners like dirt, The ford dealers i went to were far from helpful, that's when you could get one to talk to you.

I'm not disagreeing that the Fiesta DSG saga is being poorly handled, but unless you're blind you'll know this is how most large Thai companies deal with stuff. And I presume you've conveniently missed news items where people have protested against other car companies when they haven't dealt with issues properly.

I'm still happy I bought the best available.

How soon do you want to buy one, we have a 2012 ranger wildtrak 2.2 litre 4x4 auto dual cab we will be selling after sept 2017 fully serviced by ford, no accidents and will negotiate a good price for you if you are prepared to wait until then, in phuket

I'm still happy I bought the best available.

As you constantly keep telling us. Bet we won't hear a peep if you start having problems.

I do have a few small issues:

2 plastic fasteners that fix the inner plastic wheel arch liner to the body came loose so were replaced.

Someone opened their door onto mine in a carpark and there's a tiny dent in the driver's door.

There are 2 tiny stonechips on the front of the bonnet.

It looks like one of the chaps who did the ceramic coating overdid it a little near the rear offside door handle recess and there is now a thin line of primer showing.

That's all for now in the first 16 months of ownership.

My previous Ranger had similarly dramatic issues in the 4 years I had it.

1 minute ago, JaseTheBass said:

I do have a few small issues:

2 plastic fasteners that fix the inner plastic wheel arch liner to the body came loose so were replaced.

Someone opened their door onto mine in a carpark and there's a tiny dent in the driver's door.

There are 2 tiny stonechips on the front of the bonnet.

It looks like one of the chaps who did the ceramic coating overdid it a little near the rear offside door handle recess and there is now a thin line of primer showing.

That's all for now in the first 16 months of ownership.

My previous Ranger had similarly dramatic issues in the 4 years I had it.

Well, guess what? In the 24 months since I bought my Triton I have had zero issues, that's a big fat zero.

Up to 2012 probably the Toyota was the best of the bunch. Then along came the V-Cross and when introduced was arguably superior to what was available at that time.

When the Ranger/Wildtrak  came along, which admittedly had their teething troubles, but are now pretty well sorted and  generally accepted to be the superior produce.

The EV is without doubt the pick of the Body on Frame. Again the early ones had three problems. Crank shaft sensor, rear oil seal and exhaust oxygen sensor. All these were from external suppliers.

For me the EV just floats along … MTM described the handling as boat like. Well it certainly is smooth compared to the others and from my experience it is very unlikely to do a REVO job. Yes, Sync2 is not exactly desirable.

Ford Service can be hit and miss, some say mainly miss, and of course on the expensive side.  However you can take out SSP and PPP and then you won’t pay anything for five years … lift the bonnet and you may even make your battery last that long.:smile:

Unfortunately in this world the best is frequently the most expensive and even then sometimes lets you down .....   

Edited by JAS21

I do not understand why the EV is so expensive, the designers certainly didn't spend long on it as it looks identical to the pickup it is based on, all the others at least look different now apart from the Isuzu mux thing. and I must agree it drives like a boat.

From personal experience the problem with ford is a shortage of Auto technicians who know how to repair them properly and useless parts supply, they claim on the internet 24 hour parts delivery which is a load of <deleted>

We have found a ford service centre who has qualified auto technicians now that have fixed our ongoing transmission problem, but supply of spare parts is still a problem, sending them by sea when ford does not have them in stock is not good enough customer service they should send the parts by air

Excuses, excuses, ford blames the dealer and the dealer blames ford, personally from experience i believe the ford dealers in most cases

Never had the same problems with Toyota, their service, repairs and parts supply was excellent

1 hour ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I do not understand why the EV is so expensive, the designers certainly didn't spend long on it as it looks identical to the pickup it is based on, all the others at least look different now apart from the Isuzu mux thing. and I must agree it drives like a boat.

It's about the same price as the Sportivo I think. You don't get wine but you do get a change gear!

I agree, it could look better. Think I feel a touch of Ford anti sentinent from the Loei area.☺

Enjoy your day ...

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

It's about the same price as the Sportivo I think. You don't get wine but you do get a change gear!

I agree, it could look better. Think I feel a touch of Ford anti sentinent from the Loei area.☺

Enjoy your day ...

No both are over priced for what they are, glorified pick ups, the Ford is  old fashioned shape and the Toyota is old fashioned in side with those crap fold up 3rd row seats.