Poll: Man Spreading on baht buses -- scourge or plague?

Jingthing

67 members have voted

1. 1. Man Spreading on baht buses -- scourge or plague?

• Scourge
    • Plague
    • I don't use baht buses ... instead I'm killing the planet with my private vehicle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's instinctive behaviour coded into the genes…men spread because they want to, at some level, flaunt the package…..women cross legs because they need to not expose it to just about everyone, just the right one.

Of course, then the gay factor comes in and creates confusion…gays cross their legs much like ladies….perhaps to appear slimmer whistling.gifgigglem.gif

It's instinctive behaviour coded into the genes…men spread because they want to, at some level, flaunt the package…..women cross legs because they need to not expose it to just about everyone, just the right one.

Of course, then the gay factor comes in and creates confusion…gays cross their legs much like ladies….perhaps to appear slimmer whistling.gifgigglem.gif

Gay men don't spread?

post-37101-0-82320000-1453358800_thumb.j

Maybe on Planet Clueless they don't.

I do get that you're confused. That's a pity.

Anyway, we really don't (can't really) want to go much DEEPER here into Gay Man Spreading ... but you can find all you want on the internets.

Edited by Jingthing

That's a simulated situation…a model taking instructions from the photographer….probably to appeal to the gay demographic of whatever fashion they're flogging.

PS. Im guessing its an advert for a fishing rod. whistling.gif

Gay men spreading. Think about it, dude.

In Pattaya I find mostly Russians (no pun intended) doing it. Yes they are spreading out their legs , sometimes the whole family and it makes the driver crazy because we need 12 people squeezed in before departure.

In Pattaya I find mostly Russians (no pun intended) doing it. Yes they are spreading out their legs , sometimes the whole family and it makes the driver crazy because we need 12 people squeezed in before departure.

And some of those Russian man spreaders are gay, wink wink, nod nod.

I think it is rude behavior for Thailand.

It's rude anywhere, I suppose, but I don't see the practical problem unless they don't adjust when it gets crowded.

I'm always amazed on baht buses when SPREADERS look at me like I'm the rude one when I basically force them to open up the space.

I'm no patsy. Spreaders, WATCH OUT!

Edited by Jingthing

I believe the body posturing called man spreading is related to the arm hanging out of the young male car driver's window.

It's a statement of newly-found confidence in their surroundings where they feel the need to display to every young woman. "Look at me - this gun's for hire!"

....and that's a GOOD thing. They can take their face and SHOVE it. TIRED of their cultural imperialism. I have MY culture too....and I'm damn PROUD of it.

Idiots making foreigners even more disrespected by Thais.

If you don't vote, you can't ride!

I have voted that I don't use Thai buses, but neither do I use my own car in Bangkok. I try and take the BTS or MRT whenever possible, it's faster and more comfortable and if this is not possible I take a cab.

If "lady spreading" becomes popular I might start using the baht buses again.

EDIT: Maybe "lady" isn't the correct word in this case.

I think you'll find the term "lady spreading" has more than one meaning.

I have voted that I don't use Thai buses, but neither do I use my own car in Bangkok. I try and take the BTS or MRT whenever possible, it's faster and more comfortable and if this is not possible I take a cab.

Yeah, this thread was started on the Pattaya forum but it was deemed too silly even for Pattaya so it was promoted here to FARANG PUB, and went national. So ignore the baht bus / Pattaya specific part of it. MAN SPREADING is national and international.

Edited by Jingthing

I'm waiting for the follow-up poll about riding pillion on a motorcy taxis, and also about riding pillion on a 'friend's' motorcy. Do you "straddle the seat",or "ride side saddle". If you ride side saddle, do you "man spread". "knees together:" or "legs crossed". There are so many possibilities in this poll/topic.

Edited by tigermonkey

Yeah, this thread was started on the Pattaya forum but it was deemed too silly even for Pattaya so it was promoted here to FARANG PUB, and went national. So ignore the baht bus / Pattaya specific part of it. MAN SPREADING is national and international.

If this is "International" then you should try it in a Philippines Jeepney, where any Hobbit over 5'4 will automatically be rubbing knees with at least 2 people across the gangway and head touching the roof.

What a ridiculous post,Has it come to this,that,with every thing else that is going on in this country that we are trying to call home.

That some thoughtless idiot sitting on a train should become a topic.Is this guy for real?He must be really

bored,with nothing else to think of except this rubbish.

What a ridiculous post,Has it come to this,that,with every thing else that is going on in this country that we are trying to call home.

That some thoughtless idiot sitting on a train should become a topic.Is this guy for real?He must be really

bored,with nothing else to think of except this rubbish.

So you're not seeing any MAN SPREADING out there in the BOONIES?