OEM Tyres Cbr 650f Dunlops

kannot

Im not getting on with these buggers at all, way too slippery for me, anyone else had the same problems? 1-2-3rd gear still getting wheelspin on full throttle acceleration in a straight line, have read the Pirelli Rosso 2 should be much better......but in reality on slippery roads are they?, Ive only done 2500km on the Dunlops and they have plenty of life left in them but they really make me nervous as hell.

Many Thai roads look like skating rinks to me so it may be the case of just backing off which is disappointing as Ive never had this sort of problem with bikes before ( on dry roads) even on a GsxR1100n , all that would do is lift the front wheel.

Ive let the tyre pressures down from 42 Rear to 38 and front 36 to 32 but its making no difference.

So if you own one did you have the same problem? I saw one guy did, but anyone else?

Edited by kannot

"should be much better......but in reality on slippery roads are they?"

Slippery roads are slippery.

Studded tires help a lot.

well slippery for the Dunlops lets put it that way, other compounds may be better..............yeah studded tyres, why not go the whole hog and stick some of these on laugh.png

Those Dunlops are terrible. The ABS is always kicking on the rear brake because they are so bad.

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear slip even at the mildest of take offs and don't even give it a squirt out of a corner. They just don't hold even on the outer edge

Those Dunlops are terrible. The ABS is always kicking on the rear brake because they are so bad.

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear slip even at the mildest of take offs and don't even give it a squirt out of a corner. They just don't hold even on the outer edge

Thanks, this is what i found and wondered if i was going mental?

Any other owners ( c'mon there must be more here) I found the other day the whole bike went really light and floaty and i wasnt even braking hard almost like i was driving on ice, the wheelspin in 2-3rd is a daily occurrence when im out on it...............I darent even try 1st on full whack, Im chucking them.....anyone want a 2500km set hahaha

Thanks, this is what i found and wondered if i was going mental?

Any other owners ( c'mon there must be more here) I found the other day the whole bike went really light and floaty and i wasnt even braking hard almost like i was driving on ice, the wheelspin in 2-3rd is a daily occurrence when im out on it...............I darent even try 1st on full whack, Im chucking them.....anyone want a 2500km set hahaha

I went to the Pirelli rosso II's and they are amazing in comparison.

Confidence inspiring.