Are Acai berries grown in Thailand ?

balo

As you probably know Acai berries are considered the healthiest berry on this planet with lots of antioxidants and other health benefits. This is a South American plant and will grow in hot climates.

Do you know any farmer that have tried to grow acai palm trees here? I just now it's a market for it in Thailand and I will be first in the queue if we can buy it locally instead of very expensive import.

Hi,

If you are looking for frozen Acai pulp to make smoothie bowls, we are importing it from Brazil. You can follow us on facebook or instagram --> instagram: Vitatrade facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VitatradeThailand/

We will also be available at The Farmers Market in Bangkok.

http://www.vitatradecompany.com/

Thank you for the reply , yes I am interested, how much do you sell the imported Akai pulp for ?

Looked up on Wiki- no known health benefits. The whole antioxidant thing has been thrown up in the air a bit as it was reported they promoted growth of cancerous cells.

Interestingly acai berries were promoted as increasing penis size and increasing virility .

OP don't go with these expensive food fads. If you want plenty of antioxidants - tomatoes, peppers , grapes.

You can get big bags of frozen berries from most decent supermarkets at a very good price.

As you probably know Acai berries are considered the healthiest berry

It's more or less a fairy tale invented by smart business companies riding the health wave. Take black berries e.g. with similar ingredients or many other berries. Don't get into the wide open trap...but if...don't complain about high prices for simple berries. It'a all a marketing trick. But it's up to you...

I have studied nutrition for nearly 15 years. As far as I know Acai berries are one of the highest fruits in anti oxidants. Wherever you look online you will find a different story on just about everything. Find a reliable source of information on any topic is the best way. I swear by this site. www.mercola.com You cannot do worse. Its the largest health and nutrition site on the web. All statements are backed up with credible references.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Joe Mercola unless you are an anti-vaccer:

Joe Mercola: 15 years of promoting quackery

Acai berries do have a high antioxidant/ORAC score, but there are other foods that have much higher scores, e.g. cinnamon, cloves, tumeric, oregano. Cocoa powder is comparable to acai.

Cinnamon from China and Vietnam (Cassia) can be bad for your liver, though. Get the kind from India/Brazil/Madagascar (Ceylon).

I personally got a bit addicted to the taste of acai. I love it in a smoothie mixed with some blueberries. I always wanted to make the ultimate antioxidant smoothie with acai, blueberries, Ceylon cinnamon, and tumeric, with some cocoa powder thrown in. I'm not convinced of the health benefit but it would taste pretty good.

It's like everything else out on the market out there,,,If a few people say it's good for you than everyone wants to buy it if some people say it's bad for you people won't buy it,,,,Most of all the shit out there is all gimmick advertising and to make money,even if it's bad for you they say it's good for you so everyone will buy the stuff !

Dr. Mercola has a big following because an increasing number of people are realising that drug- and surgery-based orthodox medicine causes more harm than good. So-called modern medicine has in fact become one of the leading causes of death in developed countries. As Aldous Huxley once pointed out, "Medical science has made such tremendous progress that there is hardly a healthy human left."

Vaccination is particular is an organised criminal enterprise dressed up as disease prevention by means of junk science. Vaccines actually cause far more harm including deaths than the diseases they are used against. Websites like ScienceBlog and Quackwatch are financed by the medical-pharmaceutical mafia. As far as I am concerned, Dr Mercola is an excellent source of information, unlike e,g, the CDC, which like the FDA is a cesspool of corruption.

Vaccination is particular is an organised criminal enterprise dressed up as disease prevention by means of junk science. Vaccines actually cause far more harm including deaths than the diseases they are used against.

Lmao, you have zero credibility coming out with crap like that

Vaccination is particular is an organised criminal enterprise dressed up as disease prevention by means of junk science. Vaccines actually cause far more harm including deaths than the diseases they are used against.

Lmao, you have zero credibility coming out with crap like that

It's weird we seem to have a few members with this anti vaccination crap. Where does it originate from?.

Smallpox- totally gone, polio going soon with a bit of luck, many childhood diseases now quite rare.

I would hardly call the wonderful elegance of the immune response junk science.

Acai berries do have a high antioxidant/ORAC score, but there are other foods that have much higher scores, e.g. cinnamon, cloves, tumeric, oregano. Cocoa powder is comparable to acai.

Cinnamon from China and Vietnam (Cassia) can be bad for your liver, though. Get the kind from India/Brazil/Madagascar (Ceylon).

I personally got a bit addicted to the taste of acai. I love it in a smoothie mixed with some blueberries. I always wanted to make the ultimate antioxidant smoothie with acai, blueberries, Ceylon cinnamon, and tumeric, with some cocoa powder thrown in. I'm not convinced of the health benefit but it would taste pretty good.

That sounds like a great idea , make the ultimate antioxidant smoothie.

Even doctors admit blueberries is good for your body , especially the digestion. I don't want to live an unhealthy lifestyle in Thailand , if it "works" for you or not is another story , but if it tastes good then why not give it a try?

• 2 years later...
On 1/22/2016 at 7:37 PM, sugarcane24 said:

Dr. Mercola has a big following because an increasing number of people are realising that drug- and surgery-based orthodox medicine causes more harm than good. So-called modern medicine has in fact become one of the leading causes of death in developed countries. As Aldous Huxley once pointed out, "Medical science has made such tremendous progress that there is hardly a healthy human left."

Vaccination is particular is an organised criminal enterprise dressed up as disease prevention by means of junk science. Vaccines actually cause far more harm including deaths than the diseases they are used against. Websites like ScienceBlog and Quackwatch are financed by the medical-pharmaceutical mafia. As far as I am concerned, Dr Mercola is an excellent source of information, unlike e,g, the CDC, which like the FDA is a cesspool of corruption.

I hear sugar cane is bad for you. 

Farm is in Cambodia, fresh berries are processed in Phnom Penh. Price is 8$/liter first grade called Acai Grosso, it s a kind of puree. You will mix it with banana or and purple dragon fruit, you can find a lot of recipes on internet, you can check on youtube in brazilian language.

We can supply the berries without processing but you will need the machine for extracting the pulp...

We can sell the seeds only and then you start your own farm...if you have space you will find out it is very decorative...it grows very fast with proper care.

We can send you the seeds to Pattaya...

• 3 months later...

Since this thread has been up, Acai has become quite accessible in Thailand. Acai is considered a "superfood"...but who knows what a superfood is? Acai is just another great fruit, with extra high nutrient and antioxidant levels, and tastes fantastic. I love a bowl in the morning or before the gym, really great energy. There is only one importer of Acai in Thailand, they are called Vitatrade. You can find it in Macro, Villa, Gourmet Market etc. Can also order direct from them.They also have a sister company - a chain of superfood cafes called "Makai". They are really good quality. 

Archived