Facebook defamation case reported at Pattaya Police Station

webfact

Facebook defamation case reported at Pattaya Police Station

rest-4.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday the owner of a Fishing Park in North Pattaya reported an incident which occurred in the early hours of Tuesday, which led to a fight and then those concerned posted damaging comments about the Park on Facebook, even though they were not allowed entry as it was closed.

Khun Biyashart is the owner of the Betong Fishing Park on Pattaya Third Road, and claimed the incident began at 5.45am when he returned to the Park, where he lives, and found a car with two people inside at the car park. He approached and saw two men inside who were asked to leave as the Fishing Park had closed 5 hours earlier.

The men were angry at being asked to leave and profanities were exchanged between the owner and the two men. Both sides called for reinforcements who arrived to attempt to calm the situation, but instead a fight broke out which quickly stopped and the two men and their friends left.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220895/facebook-defamation-case-reported-at-pattaya-police-station/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-20

A claim of defamation is what a guilty coward does, when he cannot think of anything else to do. Usually it is the act of tiny man, who is offering a poor product or service, knows nothing about customer service, and gets called out on it. Since he has little intention of improving his product or service, and will not attempt to resolve the problem directly with his customer, he responds in a churlish, childish, petulant manner such as this. You called me names. You did not like my service. You dont like me. You said bad things about me. I am going to sue you.

In Thailand, defamation has been raised to another level, due to mass cowardice, and an unmanly approach to customer service.

A claim of defamation is what a guilty coward does, when he cannot think of anything else to do. Usually it is the act of tiny man, who is offering a poor product or service, knows nothing about customer service, and gets called out on it. Since he has little intention of improving his product or service, and will not attempt to resolve the problem directly with his customer, he responds in a churlish, childish, petulant manner such as this. You called me names. You did not like my service. You dont like me. You said bad things about me. I am going to sue you.

In Thailand, defamation has been raised to another level, due to mass cowardice, and an unmanly approach to customer service.

Nice explanation but has sod all to do with this case as his business was closed and that seems to have sparked it

Was the post actually defamation or was it stating the truth? I have no idea but it isnt defamation if it can be proved.

Under Thai law, if printed or verbal comments are deemed to maliciously harm a business or a reputation then it IS classified as defamation whether the comments are true or false.

Was the post actually defamation or was it stating the truth? I have no idea but it isnt defamation if it can be proved.

Under Thai law, if printed or verbal comments are deemed to maliciously harm a business or a reputation then it IS classified as defamation whether the comments are true or false.

You are correct, and there lies one the country's biggest problems. Not being able to handle any form of criticism (true or false) due to the loss of face nonsense!

Not correct, you mean libel.

In Thailand simply saying something negative of someone can be construed as defamation and a legal complaint.

It can even be used in more serious legal issues to muddy the waters.

Edited by jacko45k