Small yellow python.

Bobtippit

Hi chaps the wife just went to buy some oyster sauce for my chicken and veg stir fry, I was sat in the house and i heard screaming and the fino horn blowing, the dogs were going mad, the wife was shouting snake snake, i ran outside near the gate to see a beautiful yellow python about 1.2 to 1.5m long. I ran back to the house to get a stick to help me handle the beast, by the time i got back it was out of the garden and halfway across the road heading for the bush. i could'nt catch it, what a great snake i wish i had time to get a photo. Surely this has to be someones pet? Do these snakes roam free in Thailand? Ive never seen anything like this before. I aim to catch this snake tonight or in the morning, could i sell it to a zoo? How should i handle it? Im going to make one of those snake handling tools now. Im so exited. I swear on mine and my family's life this is 100% true story. The dogs did'nt bite it. Any tips? Ill post pics if I catch it. Im signing out now, off hunting, bee back in a bit.

Thanks, Bob.

Why would you want to catch it? Let it live a natural life in its natural home. And yes pythons do share this country with people. Be nice or will send papa to visit you.smile.png

28d5965d62281c712e693e0445557166.jpg

If I don't catch it the village folk will, it slithered into the bush next to the wife's dads house, if he gets it it's dead as he loves his chickens. I hate snakes but I don't intend on killing this one. This one was a different shade to your photo, more like an albino one and that's why I was thinking someone's pet, if not I hope papa is not around.

Had a good root around today chaps but no snake. I'm outside tonight making a patrol every half hour to try and get a pic. Spent most of the day making my snake catching equipment and learning about snakes, I'm going back in tomorrow now I have all the correct gear so I'll post some photos tomorrow of me and my snake catching kit.

Leave it alone and let it be. There are times and places where drastic actions may be taken with snakes, but my view is that would be the extreme last resort and we should be doing anything and everything we can to preserve this beautful reptiles, and that means leaving them alone.

I agree with leaving it.

There are 2 types of Python in Thailand, the more common Reticulating Python (Python Reticulus) and the Burmese Python (Python Molarus Bivitatus).

The Burmese Python is on the CITES 2 list, so if you did catch it and you were found out, you would be looking at a very heavy fine, possibly jail time and most likely deportation (if you are not Thai).

Edited by Chairman Of The Board

Had a good root around today chaps but no snake. I'm outside tonight making a patrol every half hour to try and get a pic. Spent most of the day making my snake catching equipment and learning about snakes, I'm going back in tomorrow now I have all the correct gear so I'll post some photos tomorrow of me and my snake catching kit.

don't step on a cobra while looking for the python

Guy's listen, i have no intention of harming the snake and i agree they should be left alone. This young fella is a cracker of a snake but it is in danger, my aim is to take a few pics for other members to take a look then move it away from the village where its safe. If anyone else spots it round here it is dead.

Guy's listen, i have no intention of harming the snake and i agree they should be left alone. This young fella is a cracker of a snake but it is in danger, my aim is to take a few pics for other members to take a look then move it away from the village where its safe. If anyone else spots it round here it is dead.

it in danger by you, leave it alone