Woman forced to walk naked on NY street

webfact

Woman forced to walk naked on NY street

New York: A man beat his girlfriend for sending texts to other men and then forced her to walk down a Manhattan street naked while he made a video recording of the humiliating episode, which was later posted online, police said.

It shows the 22-year-old woman with long dark hair walking slowly in the winter cold in a short white bath towel and dark shoes, as a man yells insults behind her in Spanish, and eventually yanks the towel away.

"Take off your towel and pay the price for the shame," a male voice says in a mix of Spanish and English. The man taking the video complains that he wanted to "start a family" with her but meanwhile she was "talking to seven other men".

As the man taunts the woman, he warns her that he is going to post the video online.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/woman-forced-to-walk-naked-on-ny-street-20160121-gmbjxy

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2016-01-22

Surely this is a crime in which he should go to jail???

From the link:

Jasson Melo was being held ahead of his Manhattan arraignment after his arrest on charges of assault, coercion and acting in a manner injurious to a child after the video wound up online earlier this week.

I din't see any force being used.

They both seemed quite calm about it.

No shouting, screaming, crying or anger from either one of them.

Just odd.

As he has already admitted to beating her up earlier in the day, I guess she was too scared to not do whatever he told her to do...

Just odd.

As he has already admitted to beating her up earlier in the day, I guess she was too scared to not do whatever he told her to do...

No visible marks on her body either (and we saw it all).

So not much of a beating, if any.

Just odd.

Maybe she knows what will come next if she angers him ?

If she stays with him after this then she needs her head examined!

Just odd.

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/woman-walks-naked-nyc-video/

"Jasson Melo, 22, is the man behind the video, the NYPD Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Public Information, confirmed to the Daily Dot. He turned himself into authorities on Wednesday, admitting that he assaulted his girlfriend, also 22, at approximately 5am on Sunday in their Harlem apartment and then forced her outside to film the horrifying video."

So you are suggesting he turned himself in to the Police and admitted a crime of assault that he didn't commit, which will likely lead to a prison term, just in order to get some internet hits on a video stunt??

I know you do post some 'off the wall comments' but I'm left wondering if maybe you got your meds mixed up today....

Just odd.

No to you visible markings, so no beating.

This post days a lot about you, nothing of it positive.

Ahhh, the Cock of the Walk syndrome...wait until he actually marries her...has children and finds she is still texting other men...this is the new norm for relationships...families are just a loosely woven living arrangement of convenience...marriage committments are very lax these days...IMHO

An inflammatory post has been removed.

Please refrain from blaming the victim.

I think it is debatable who the victim is in this case.

Yeah, I know we all choose the side of the woman, because they are so weak, until they walk off with all your assets. Then we change our view about how weak woman are, and can start blaring that woman are bad.

A sincere woman that is looking to get away from her current partner for reasons mentioned in this thread doesn't chat with 7 different men.

We all know what kind of women ar chatting up 7 different men at the same time.

So there is a lot of info missing from the OP.

Yeah, I know we all choose the side of the woman, because they are so weak, until they walk off with all your assets. Then we change our view about how weak woman are, and can start blaring that woman are bad.

A sincere woman that is looking to get away from her current partner for reasons mentioned in this thread doesn't chat with 7 different men.

"I think it is debatable who the victim is in this case."

Not at all.

'This case' is that of a guy forcing a woman to walk naked on the street. As such the victim is the woman being forced to do that.

There may well be a lot of info missing in the OP but from further reports he admits to 'assaulting' her prior to this incident, and in front of her child.

It seems this scum bag has posted further content on Instagram, firstly scorning the public criticism of his behaviour, and then latterly turning to the usual weak man's pathetic snivelling excuse of 'she drove me to do it'..

Well sorry but regardless of any possible morality issues with her behaviour - there is no excuse whatsoever for assaulting a woman, or resorting to the bullying and degrading tactics seen in the video on LiveLeak.

A real man would just walk away from such a situation. There is an old saying - two wrongs do not make a right.

Edited by Shadychris

Not at all.

'This case' is that of a guy forcing a woman to walk naked on the street. As such the victim is the woman being forced to do that.

There may well be a lot of info missing in the OP but from further reports he admits to 'assaulting' her prior to this incident, and in front of her child.

It seems this scum bag has posted further content on Instagram, firstly scorning the public criticism of his behaviour, and then latterly turning to the usual weak man's pathetic snivelling excuse of 'she drove me to do it'..

Well sorry but regardless of any possible morality issues with her behaviour - there is no excuse whatsoever for assaulting a woman, or resorting to the bullying and degrading tactics seen in the video on LiveLeak.

A real man would just walk away from such a situation. There is an old saying - two wrongs do not make a right.

Sure a real man would walk away from such a situation. Please define what is a real man.

Ever heard about the phrase. pulling the blood from under your finger nails? Ever heard about passion murders? I think there are even a few cases where an accused was acquitted in a passion murder.

Sure his actions can not be endorsed, but it should be considered what pushed him this far, and that isn't revealed in the OP.

Not at all.

Sure a real man would walk away from such a situation. Please define what is a real man.

Ever heard about the phrase. pulling the blood from under your finger nails? Ever heard about passion murders? I think there are even a few cases where an accused was acquitted in a passion murder.

Sure his actions can not be endorsed, but it should be considered what pushed him this far, and that isn't revealed in the OP.

No, not ' not endorsed', his actions should be condemned. No matter what pushed him, violence like this deserves only one answer: jail.

What if it's his home, and she won't leave?

Then most civilised men would use their brains and not their fists.

Gosh , the lengths a few of you will go to in order to find excuses for this sort of behaviour says far more about your own moral compasses than anything else....

In this scenario you have dreamt up to try and excuse physical violence to remove her, the options to take would depend on several factors, the laws of where you live, the legal status of your relationship, and the ownership or tenancy agreement of the property. In the case of a woman with a child it typically becomes even more complex as the welfare and interests of the child have to be taken into account.

Unless the woman does not have her name on the tenancy agreement and is not married to the guy either formally or by common law length of co-habitation, at which point you could possibly get away with changing the locks when she does eventually have to go out - then it may well be the case that if she won't go of her own accord your only option is to end the tenancy, or sell the property. Yes it's tough but that's the way it is - learn to live with it.. Giving her a kicking is not the answer.

Edited by Shadychris

What if it's his home, and she won't leave?

Well obviously she would leave and did leave. If it is his home, then he could use the same force he used to get to leave without her clothes, but this time with the clothes in which she arrived.

I am pretty sure she was much more resistant to leaving naked than she would have been with clothes on.