Thais spend 160 minutes per day on their smartphones

webfact

Thais spend 160 minutes per day on their smartphones
BY JONATHAN FAIRFIELD

thailandsmartphone1-702x336.jpg

BANGKOK: -- On average, Thai people spend 160 minutes per day on their smartphones, according to data released by mobile analytics company VServ.

The study, which analyzed feedback from 565 respondents, found that smartphone users in Thailand trail only behind Malaysia when it comes to time spent on their smartphones.

Smartphone users in Malaysia spend an average of 187 minutes per day using their phones, whereas users in the Phillipines trial behind Thailand with around 140 minutes per day spent on their phones. In Indonesia average daily smartphone usage is 129 minutes.

The study also looked at the different behaviours of smartphone users in Thailand and found that data consumption among smartphone users is almost 60 percent higher than in other countries in the region.

This is in part due to Thai smartphone users spending more time streaming video content and music (13 minutes per day) to their devices than users in neighbouring countries.

Full story: http://tech.thaivisa.com/thais-spend-160-minutes-per-day-on-their-smartphones/13572/

thaitech_logo.jpg
-- Tech News by Thaivisa 2016-01-22

As soon as I saw headline, I wondered how they came up with this number. "Thais" implies this number is average for ALL Thais... This figure only applies to smart phone (stupid people) users. Who knows how many there are? Too many, imho. If given magic wish to eliminate one invention of last decades, Smart phones would be #1. Leading to generations of social cripples, mental midgets, narcissistic brain damaged clueless population. And those are just the benefits!

And for those of us who spend the hours in front of the computer instead, are we any better? At least the phone people are out and about, sometimes.

Nonono... 150 out of the 160 minutes are in front of the computer... At work..

No outing planned: would get a tan... whistling.gif

"On average, Thai people spend 160 minutes per day on their smartphones...

That make the phone the only smart one in this scenario.

Americans spend 282 minutes per day, though. That's dumb (smartphone) and dumber (Americans).

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/informate-report-social-media-smartphone-use/

Thanks! I thought 160 was extremely low. But Im an American and I spend maybe 6 hours a day on my phone (since they include streaming music).

Thailand needs to work on their free wifi. Vietnam is whopping Thailand in free wifi.

i would say most ex-pats are on the computer at least a few hours a day, if not a lot more.

movies, videos, skype, email, whatever...

if it hinders you from accomplishing things....then yes it's a problem

if you have no goals....look here first.

if unhappy....do less computer stuff

but it's from 9 to midnight.....who really cares....

so it's case-by-case

in general it is bad if you aren't making money or learning, etc...

And for those of us who spend the hours in front of the computer instead, are we any better? At least the phone people are out and about, sometimes.

We are not better but most of us have reached the age of retirement and have plenty of time on our hands.

Actually a little bit of stupid thing to write.

We all know that most of what the Thai say are lies... So those 160 minutes on average ???

In Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and in Malaysia they have a saying: Don't Thai to me.

I know another company here in Thailand that fired one of their staff and appeared in court showed evidence that the women that got fired was over 400 minutes per day playing the internet on her (notso)smartphone. Working effectively for 1 hour and almost 20 minutes. This has been in the news in 2014 !!! Nothing has changed since then.

I see the hours spend completely different. WOMEN at their job, during office hours, they're on their phone 90% of the time. Recorded by our CCTV.

9 hours - 1 hour lunch break => 8 hours. 8 hours x 60 minutes => 480 minutes. 90% of 480 minutes => 432 minutes.

Then 1 hour traveling from and back to work. Even when they walk they play their phones => 60 minutes. At home, when they're not asleep -> 5 hours x 60 min => 300 min.

During lunch and dinner -> 2 hours x 60 min => 120

So 432 + 60 + 300 + 120 => 912 minutes per day !!!

Probably the one when writing this article had the numbers upside down ???