Am I being a dick to my thai gf?

fireplay

I travel to the States every year for a few months. I usually go to 3-5 cities and spend a few weeks with family and friends. My only option for free accomodation in one city is with my ex girlfriend who I always stay with, in her 1.2 mil condo her plastic surgeon boyfriend bought her. All my friends are married and dont have space for a guest like me.

My thai girlfriend is pissed and hurt.

My ex gf and i broke up 15 years ago...and she is my sister..total family...and always will be.

I told her this is what it is...she said I don't care about her feelings...I told her she can't erase my friends and family from my life.

She is acting like it is the end of the world...I think her jealousy is childish and this is exactly why i wont marry her until she comes to the USA to meet my family and friends and experience my culture.

She is 23...I am 40....I am not posting up in a 150 a night room in the most expensive city in America for 2 weeks.

What do you guys think?

Edited by fireplay

@jimbo she asked me the same thing...the thing is if her ex is from a decade and a half ago and has been her family brother and has moved on through many girlfriends and was in a current 4 year relationship with his gf...no. not really. I trust her and i get the traveling lifestyle. I'm not a jealous type sorry....we my gf and I, have been together a year.

My ex has been more of my sister for the 18 YEARS i have known her.

• Like 1

Not easy and she will have to be a bit more mature than her years - you are essentially vanishing through a key hole that she cannot go through. Whether staying w/your ex or not - there will always be suspicions until you have been together longer and a trust is developed that you will come back from these trips and all will be as before...

Or not. That is a best case scenario -

Maybe if you are getting into fights on the subject, approach her more compassionately and that will help.

Good luck.

• Like 2

you have to be smarter when dealing with potentially jealous and judgmental thai women, not all thai women are like this but it is a common trait.

the smart thing to do is tell her you will be staying with a friend; say the friend is male or say female friend and her bf/husband.

as long as you know you're behaving yourself a little white lie can save you a lot of bother.

From the first line, delete "thai" in both cases.

Second sentence, FULL STOP after the first instand of "friend".

It is not even a white lie if you just say "friend".

Although in the case of the original poster, the cat is already out of the bag.