3ix Thailand

madmitch

I posted on another thread but thought using 3ix as the title may help shed some light on this.

Does anyone have any idea what has happened to them?

I use them to host my website. They also designed it. I want some changes made, also to renew the domain name in a couple of weeks but they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

On September 15th James promised to do something minor over the weekend. Since then I have been unable to contact him either by internet or telephone. At least one other poster has had the same problem. An enquiry via their website sent me a ticket but nothing else.

I need my website amended urgently and have no idea how to do it myself!

No, I've not been able to raise him either. I contacted 3iX at the beginning of the week and apart from an email giving me a 'support ticket' I've had no reply from them.

My present assumption is that the Thai operation is in an hiatus. I know there are users of the service here and maybe they can shed some light on this. My interest was based on the service 'over there' at a reasonable price, but payable here, making things easier all round.

Regards

The above is my posting from the other thread so as to clarify that it's not a case of not knowing how or where to contact but that there is no response.

Regards

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...7055&st=15#

/edit "my" post//

Edited by A_Traveller

Really? Been doing that since June. Out of the blue I get a phone call about a month ago to resolve a problem that I had and then total silence. Numerous messages, voice mail with the venerable "will get back to you in 30 minutes" turned into months.

Finally opened a support ticket online and got a responce in 3 days. Difficult people to deal with and they refuse to give me full control of my domain (after being told by James last year that they switched to godaddy and I would get full control then.

I would not recommend them, support and Thailand support suck!!

I want to add that he is alive and well. Talked or rather chatted with him this morning. All is well. Best way is to call and leave a message or send an email.

Sorry Sniperteam, but are you asking web-hosting related questions? Because I never had any problems with 3ix, surely if I compare them to other providers with same or similar offerings. They are cheap, have the know-how and have a very good data center.

I can understand, that providers HTML or how-to-make website questions not see as high priority, or not reply at all. Unless you have a contract with them to maintain your website on HTML level.

Personally I think it is not correct that we talk about the service of a hosting provider on the one experience of one user, who did not even post what his question to 3ix was/is.

Not forget, hosting providers get the most weirdest emails from did you receive our email to ICQ is not working or why background color is not supported in XHTML....etc. This is a small selection of emails I get for my Thai hosting, which has mostly professional clients. I host myself some domains at 3ix, and can assure you that I'm a Happy "Cyber" Camper

Same for me, never had any problems with 3ix.

Never dealt with James though, apart from using his bank account to send money to!

Any question sent to their support team (hosting related, not something like "how do I put a frame in my page" sort of question) has been dealt with within a few hours!

A short while ago one of my sites dissapeared from the web completely, I sent them a support ticket and within 40 minutes I had an answer explaining me that one of their servers was subject to a DOS (denial of service) attack, that they were moving all sites over to a different server, and that I had to change the DNS server settings at my domain registrar.

Couple of hours later everything was up and running without any loss of data...

Happy cybercamper myself as well!

Finally opened a support ticket online and got a responce in 3 days. Difficult people to deal with and they refuse to give me full control of my domain (after being told by James last year that they switched to godaddy and I would get full control then.

Suggest you give them a second chance - I've been using them for more than 2 years now and they have by far the most helpful and responsive helpdesk I've ever encountered.

Actually, they have the only helpful and responsive helpdesk I've ever encountered :o

I keep hosting with them. To respond to one of the posters. I have been working with computers since the PC Jr with infrared keyboard, early 80s. My questions to 3ix are never about how do I do this, how do I do that.

After waiting a loooong time for James to respond (I have patience, I waited since June), I opened a support ticket last wednesday as my domain had disappeared for one week. Yesterday I got it back. No sorrys, no explanation, other than my public_html had files dating from august, not early October when I updated the site.

My frustration is simple and aimed correctly. I am glad one poster got a call from James this morning. James, I assure you, has about 1000 other calls to make today and tomorrow.

Anyway, my site is back up, maybe I can get my advertisers to come back and my posters to give me a second (fourth actually) chance.

Thanks for the responses...

Suggest you give them a second chance - I've been using them for more than 2 years now and they have by far the most helpful and responsive helpdesk I've ever encountered.

Actually, they have the only helpful and responsive helpdesk I've ever encountered :o

I can understand, that providers HTML or how-to-make website questions not see as high priority, or not reply at all. Unless you have a contract with them to maintain your website on HTML level.

Personally I think it is not correct that we talk about the service of a hosting provider on the one experience of one user, who did not even post what his question to 3ix was/is.

I am that original poster. My question to the hosting provider is not relevant, though it does relate to the maintenance/update of a website, which is included within the terms of my contract.

Quite simply, I have had a problem contacting them in Thailand recently. I wanted to know that the company's Thai operations are still functional as I need to discuss something.

FYI I had a response from my ticket yesterday stating that James is still working and will contact me soon.

It was not so much a gripe, as I had always been very pleased with their service, both design, hosting and support, including a couple of urgent problems a few weeks ago, which an overworked James saw to himself. I really wanted to know the current status of the Thai operation as for a non-techie like myself, I do not want the hassle of changing providers. And having received an email today informing me that I have been debited for another 12 months hosting and support, I don't think that'll be happening!

I didn't intend it to become a pro and anti 3ix thread.

Sniperteam, maybe you not updated you contact email address lately, one of the IP addresses of 3ix was shortly under a SYN attack. Which made it almost impossible to open websites on that shared IP address.

I belief that all members of 3ix got a email fom this, and the once who responed to that email where moved o a new IP address as quick as possible, 1 or 2 hours....plus the wait for update DNS server.

For everything online or not online keep everybody informed about contact details.......

My uncle was engineer for the early IBM PC and later for the PC jr. team, with all his know-how he is not allowed to open my computer case or get near anything of today “computer related”.

Sure if we have any, 16 bit related talks we have a fun time, but knowing 8/16 bit early I8088/86 Intel assembly code as a second language doesn't make you a today expert.

With all respect for my uncle, I compare his know-how of the PC jr. to what the Wright brothers known about flying, yes it is possible, but a long way to go. Today we cannot thing about a society without computers, when the PC Jr. was in the stores people still think “what why we want one”

Today I compare the know-how of a old PC Jr. user to a kid who for the first time gets behind a computer, one is as old as god knows and the other is as young as 5 years. The know-how is the same, probably the kid will pickup the current GUI (Graphical User Interface) much more quickly.

Glad to hear about your caution re your uncle. I was a CNE, MCSE and a few Cisco certifications and of course hardware certs.. Look, this has nothing to do with the 3ix support, or lack thereof.

And to answer your other post, yes I got that email. MONTHS ago. My site went down last week for 6 days. If I had not called them in the US and followed up with my support ticket, one of my domains would have expired in early November! Never mind that I had been trying to renew it back in June.

Thanks for your response.

My uncle was engineer for the early IBM PC and later for the PC jr. team, with all his know-how he is not allowed to open my computer case or get near anything of today “computer related”.

Sure if we have any, 16 bit related talks we have a fun time, but knowing 8/16 bit early I8088/86 Intel assembly code as a second language doesn't make you a today expert.

With all respect for my uncle, I compare his know-how of the PC jr. to what the Wright brothers known about flying, yes it is possible, but a long way to go. Today we cannot thing about a society without computers, when the PC Jr. was in the stores people still think “what why we want one”

Today I compare the know-how of a old PC Jr. user to a kid who for the first time gets behind a computer, one is as old as god knows and the other is as young as 5 years. The know-how is the same, probably the kid will pickup the current GUI (Graphical User Interface) much more quickly.

Oh stop crying! For the $1 per month that you pay for the service this is an excellent service.

Unfortunately James is overworked and likely underpaid. He may want to consider a "Baby" Service, where he does everything but charges accordingly.

Give the guy a break and help him out some by placing your silly questions on this forum that we as your mates can respond to.

And if that does not suit then go to www.CryVisa.com

With all your CNE, MCSE and a few Cisco certifications and of course your hardware certs. I wonder what your question could be. I bet your know-how is enough to know about the technology behind the Internet, or would you be one of the worst dreams of a support person, a customer who knows, or better thinks he knows, everything better.

I agree with Mouse, hosting at 3ix.org cost only 1 US$ per month, even less if you pay one year (get 1 month free). That is less then a beer, and close to the cost of powering up your computer to complain here.

If you want I have lots of address of hosting providers who have better service, prices are also different and it helps if you speak Thai perfectly. Of course you can select another international hosting provider, you probably will have problems paying by bank, and using Thai credit cards also gives headache.

Edited by Richard-BKK

May I respectfully suggest a Time Out here.

I am at a loss to understand the grandiloquent emotional responses in this thread.

The simple fact of my experience, is that the company only responded to a single communication from me over a period of about 3 weeks. This reply was, I suspect, an automated response, with no meaningful content. I had first tried the local contact number, both called {voice mail} and SMS', then PM'd a member here to see if they had another contact. They even forwarded my mail address as a courtesy. In all this, low level activity {it's called forward planning} I only received the single response highlighted above, and none in reply to my follow up 24 hours later.

I came across a similar service, again based here, offering hosting and domain services in the US. I therefore emailed them. During the next 16 hours, {overnight} the account including domain, was set-up, operational and paid for by ATM in Thailand.

Now out of these two experiences, with whom will I anticipate doing business with in the future? {Rhetorical}.

Regards

/edit called//

Edited by A_Traveller

LOL. With your grandiose reply, what do you think the question was? Why is the server down, again, 3 times in one month, for 5 days at a time? I need to renew my domain, as they do not give me an auto renewal service, like godaddys. Completely out of my control.

$1 a month? I wish I was paying that. Patronizing, aren't you?

Some people....

Sigh.....

With all your CNE, MCSE and a few Cisco certifications and of course your hardware certs. I wonder what your question could be. I bet your know-how is enough to know about the technology behind the Internet, or would you be one of the worst dreams of a support person, a customer who knows, or better thinks he knows, everything better.

I agree with Mouse, hosting at 3ix.org cost only 1 US$ per month, even less if you pay one year (get 1 month free). That is less then a beer, and close to the cost of powering up your computer to complain here.

If you want I have lots of address of hosting providers who have better service, prices are also different and it helps if you speak Thai perfectly. Of course you can select another international hosting provider, you probably will have problems paying by bank, and using Thai credit cards also gives headache.

###### you! You don't know me from Adam.

You have no idea what I pay a month, or how I run my site.

Oh stop crying! For the $1 per month that you pay for the service this is an excellent service.

Unfortunately James is overworked and likely underpaid. He may want to consider a "Baby" Service, where he does everything but charges accordingly.

Give the guy a break and help him out some by placing your silly questions on this forum that we as your mates can respond to.

And if that does not suit then go to www.CryVisa.com