Man arrested for sharing video mocking Prayut

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time to give the country back to the people little man.

It's funny how westerners always refer to asian people as "little" even when they are not. (but in this case Prayut is a short man). It must be a subconscious thing.
Which westerners are those? I know plenty of them and none have said that, nor do the newspapers or T.V. Back to Fantasyland with you...

Put the sheep in line!!! This will teach them!!!! I say 100-years in the gulag!!!!

waiting for all bars to be raided at once, and all ex-pats arrested and fined 100,000,000 baht.....so sell all property

they know it's illegal....but the HONEY TRAP is set!!!

Everyone will want to see it now ... gigglem.gif

sorry to say that, but "everyone" simply don't care

throw this guy into jail like all red-shirt liars who tried to use internet to discredit (by order from their foreign puppeteers, of course) the truly nation-oriented Thai government . it's time to send a clear signal - in Thailand western political technologies, propaganda through social media does not work.

dear misters in pith helmets who always know how other nations should live! please, mind your own business. your political technology of "controlled chaos" does not work in truly conscious Buddhist country

Yankee, go home!

"truly nation-oriented Thai government"

yes, timmy, it is such a "truly nation-oriented Thai government" that we are not allowed to use the perfectly normal adjectives on this forum that describe the current style of government that Thailand suffers under.

Yankee, go home!

I think you are on the wrong thread, but thanks anyway for the rant. coffee1.gif

as soon as you are not Thai, what's wrong with this? why don't you mind your own business - discuss how manage your own home country, not Thailand.

T'land is becoming very much like commie China in this regard, and many others. In commie China any remotely negative comment about the leaders or their families is totally forbidden with strong punishment attached.

Such fear, of often truthful comment, demonstrates the high level of insecurity of the leaders and the draconian power of the state.

throw this guy into jail like all red-shirt liars who tried to use internet to discredit (by order from their foreign puppeteers, of course) the truly nation-oriented Thai government . it's time to send a clear signal - in Thailand western political technologies, propaganda through social media does not work.

dear misters in pith helmets who always know how other nations should live! please, mind your own business. your political technology of "controlled chaos" does not work in truly conscious Buddhist country

Yankee, go home!

yes, timmy, it is such a "truly nation-oriented Thai government" that we are not allowed to use the perfectly normal adjectives on this forum that describe the current style of government that Thailand suffers under.

Yankee, go home!

I think you are on the wrong thread, but thanks anyway for the rant. coffee1.gif

as soon as you are not Thai, what's wrong with this? why don't you mind your own business - discuss how manage your own home country, not Thailand.

Classic! ...and classy!

Time to give the country back to the people little man.

It's funny how westerners always refer to asian people as "little" even when they are not. (but in this case Prayut is a short man). It must be a subconscious thing.

We also talk of 'Little Englanders', perhaps we are secret asians ourselves ? rolleyes.gif

Now where did I put my pith-helmet ? laugh.png

What a delicate, easily bruised and offended flower he is. One would think that as a former soldier he would've grown a thicker skin. But no.

A thicker skin on your botty from doing your soldiering behind a desk.

Just wondering if any of the usual brigade will have the chutzpah to come on here and tell us that this would happen in any other country...

North Korea?

What I wanna know is, where are all those (and they were in the majority) TV members now who so wanted the coup, so wanted the military to take control because they actually believed that Thailand would be a better place? At the time their gullibility shocked me, it does so more now.

Know what you mean.

EyesWideOpen was one of the Junta's biggest supporters yet now regularly posts criticism when the masses question Prayut and his gang.

Amazing what happens when the wind changes direction. Laughable at best.

"The arrest of a man last night for sharing a music video allegedly mocking and defaming junta leader Prayuth Chan-ocha is evidence of an attempt to make him “untouchable” by satire or criticism, a human rights observer said."

Actually it's much more an example of the need to rethink the defamation law.

What a delicate, easily bruised and offended flower he is. One would think that as a former soldier he would've grown a thicker skin. But no.

A thicker skin on your botty from doing your soldiering behind a desk.

Just wondering if any of the usual brigade will have the chutzpah to come on here and tell us that this would happen in any other country...

North Korea?
Nope, not there.

it might be time for thaivisa to upgrade to SHTTP. could be helpful for members posting inside Thailand without VPN.

Won't help. If a post is targeted by the authorities, they will require logs to be provided by the TV hoster and therefore they will have the IP address of the poster. Then the relevant Thai ISP will happily provide the name and address of the customer using this IP address at that point in time.

It's my understanding that TV isn't hosted in Thailand, so the logs can't be obtained by subpoena, however if the authorities give them a choice: either give us the requested log or get blacklisted, guess what will happen?

good point. so VPN it is. or just use a WiFi connection not associated with you. and not using your cellphone data connection.

however, interception of your data packets sent in the clear between your computer and forum servers allow the government to located you without have to ask for anything and then they go directly to the Thai provider. not as easy from a tech point of view... but if they were looking for Thais and not just farangs they might make the effort. correct me if i am wrong, because i love conversations like this. smile.png

let say i post "my cat has brown eyes" and they don't like that. the NEXT time i post something they don't like on the same forum, all they have to do is search every packet originating from within Thailand just before the time stamp of the new text. impossible to store that much data? need a central point to do it? they are working on it. Paranoid? that why i like Thailand. smile.png Fun to watch them catch up.

All this aside, seriously? Can you possibly imagine some whitie making the news having been picked up for a post on an expat forum? Really? Tidal floodgates opened. Won't be a precious 'foreign investor' not to mention 'foreign tourist' left. The saying 'there's no such thing as bad publicity' would most certainly NOT apply under that scenario. Get a grip.

My post was about the technical aspects of how this would be done, NOT the probability of it actually happening.

and i clearly stated right here, "but if they were looking for Thais and not just farangs they might make the effort."

and what is the difference between you writing on line and an American citizen being arrested for writing a book?

i would post a link, but I can't. And the same is true for you on this forum.

Also, telling someone to "get a grip" is rude. Please don't insult other forum members while you are trying to make your point.

Edited by NCC1701A

Yankee, go home!

Yankee, go home!

because I and my family are here. Besides myself, everyone in my family has Thai citizenship and the kids are dual nationals. So I have every interest and right to be involved in Thailand and help shape her future.

That's why, Timmy-boy.

because I and my family are here. Besides myself, everyone in my family has Thai citizenship and the kids are dual nationals. So I have every interest and right to be involved in Thailand and help shape her future.

That's why, Timmy-boy.

no way. you don't have any right to be involved in politics without a Thai citizenship. if you don't believe me - ask any Thai official. your family - those who has Thai citizenship - has this right. but you don't. you are just a guest here, don't lie to yourself

Edited by TimmyT

That's why, Timmy-boy.

no way. you don't have any right to be involved in politics without a Thai citizenship. if you don't believe me - ask any Thai official. your family - those who has Thai citizenship - has this right. but you don't. you are just a guest here, don't lie to yourself

Timmy, I have noticed that you have mis-construed a number of replying comments made by some of the TV posters, and don't know whether it has been intentional or by accident. In the case of tbthailand, clearly he is not "involved" in Thai politics, but his involvement is his natural concern and interest because of his familial connections with the country. There is an important distinction here, I feel.

What we are experiencing here is nothing else than political correctness; It's just the Thai-style version, including LM.

Didn't it meanwhile dawn to any of our fellow pc approved do-gooders that the Western pc code has the very same roots and means as this local version of aggressive censorship?

Before you start any argument, just make your point by providing a stupid joke about post-208463-0-48696100-1452024112_thumb. (Jews), post-208463-0-48696100-1452024112_thumb. (African Americans) or post-208463-0-48696100-1452024112_thumb. (homo sexuals) for a starter and good measure, and look what happens next. I dare you.

(Dear mods, this is just a rhetorical challenge! I only try to "challenge" the pc squad to provoke some meaningful explanations and interpretations re pc, expecting that nobody really needs to violate the forum rules to provide his or her insight!)

PS: Jokes about Muslims don't count as they are, as it seems, pc approved by most (all?) Western governments, maybe also by this local government, but I don't know that for sure. As far as I know, none of the Generals in charge is a Muslim.

My mama always told me that thin skin was a sure sign of low self esteem. Why is this tiny man so terribly sensitive? Does he really dislike himself that much? Why so insecure? And as far as the whole VPN thing, probably a good idea in this climate. Though at least so far, they seem to be picking on Thais, and especially the red shirt affiliated Thais. No doubt there is alot of political vendetta mixed in with this nonsense. Such predictable behavior, from such a tiny man.

A post containing comments in violation of the UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS has been removed:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Posters violating these rules and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

That's why, Timmy-boy.

Timmy, I have noticed that you have mis-construed a number of replying comments made by some of the TV posters, and don't know whether it has been intentional or by accident. In the case of tbthailand, clearly he is not "involved" in Thai politics, but his involvement is his natural concern and interest because of his familial connections with the country. There is an important distinction here, I feel.

it's intentional - he is the local fascist...

What I wanna know is, where are all those (and they were in the majority) TV members now who so wanted the coup, so wanted the military to take control because they actually believed that Thailand would be a better place? At the time their gullibility shocked me, it does so more now.

You still find them here but usually only on threads that are associated with the words Thaksin,Yingluck or Redshirt. They tend to steer clear of these types of topics simply because it's impossible for them to use the usual "but Thaksin" "but Yingluck" "killing innocent women and children" boring quotes.

Know what you mean.

EyesWideOpen was one of the Junta's biggest supporters yet now regularly posts criticism when the masses question Prayut and his gang.

Amazing what happens when the wind changes direction. Laughable at best.

I don't agree with you, and not just because of what appears to me to be an ad-hominem attack.

I regard it as honesty or integrity, and not at all laughable, if someone changes their POV, or is it perhaps rather that they hold a new government to the same standards as they previously held an old one ?

We're not (most of us) football fans cheering-on our local team regardless, you know ! wink.png

Personally I welcome every new government, although I may not necessarily agree personally with its politics, but as an optimist I do hope for improvement & progress each time. A hope which is often dashed, sooner or letter, but nevertheless an opportunity at-the-time.

For example the coup was pressing the time-out button, a couple of weeks after then-caretaker-PM Yingluck (and several others) had been legally removed by the Constitutional Court, and the situation looked to possibly be moving towards further-violence, the politicians having collectively refused to step up and negotiate a political settlement when offered the chance.

But the initial target-date for a return to democracy has now passed, the effort to produce a better Constitution seems to have somewhat run into the sands, and the date for elections is now being pushed further away, that seems to me to be regrettable & I'm happy to say so.

Not inconsistent or "laughable at best" or changing direction with the wind IMO ! People, even politicians, should try to keep their words when they've given them !

On the other hand I can also see that the coming unwelcome-event may be a time of great concern & potential instability for the country, which the military (who one has to recognise occupy a special place in Thailand) might wish to ensure takes place smoothly, even if that's not exactly how things might be managed 'back home' in our various countries-of-origin. But they're not always that democratic or perfect there either !

Getting back to the topic of the thread, may I say that I think it damaging to Thailand, that politicians (including the current PM) appear to find it hard to take criticism, and that many foreigners find the laws on slander to be misused. This is something long-standing, not just recent, or this government alone. Probably it has to do with 'face', which I struggle often to understand, coming from a different culture & background.

Political humour is an important freedom, it can also be very funny, and there is loss-of-face in denying or repressing it, too. But that's just my opinion. Not a flip-flop or change-of-direction, I thought it silly too, when other PMs over-reacted or sued over criticism.