Foreigner among six charged for stealing Phuket national park land

rooster59

“We supplied evidence that might be used to prove that government officers knowingly issued a Chanote for a flying SorKor 1,” Col Prawut said. “Most of those officers under investigation are high ranking ones.”

About time! Probably the same ones that issued the chanotes for the Sea Gypsy Village.

"Probably the same ones that issued the chanotes for the Sea Gypsy Village." - probably the same ones that issued the chanotes on a lot of land that foreigners have bought.

I seem to recall an army senior saying a few weeks ago show us the evidence!!!!!!!!!

Thieves and scammers those Furungs, how dare they, come over here and give us a dose of our own medicine??

Don't they know that children don't like taking their medicine??

5 Thais are accused and one foreigner, and you focus on the foreigner accusing Thais on focusing on foreigners.

The only one focusing on foreigners here is you.

....does anyone really think a foreigner could pull such a thing off.....

Why not? All he has to do is follow Thai lead. Watch and learn. coffee1.gif

Perhaps he has spent a bit of time in a Surat Thani temple recently taking lessons from a certain monk ! whistling.gif

Foreigners can own land in Thailand? How?

My guess would be through a company? The Thais are probably the shareholders needed for him to create the company. I do doubt whether he would be able to set this up or even come up with such an idea. Sounds like he's been striped up, big time!

Can always plea his case in a Thai court by presenting his illegal contract...?

Wasn't there a case a few years ago where a fairly 'lowly' ranked employee of the land registration office in Kathu (a young lady i believe) who had dozens of land titles registered in her name?

It would appear that land scams should be adopted as the national sport for our paradise island.

Edited by exbikey