Trust Ted? Cruz facing growing attacks on credibility

webfact

If you want to get a feel for the credibility of Cruz just look at the hearings on Climate Change. He dragged in every fossil fuel polluter backed Climate Denier he could lay his hands on to 'testify' absolute non scientific drivel.

Cruz credibility = 0

Will Cruz act in the best interest of the American People. Yeah right and there are fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Totally corrupted by Corporate America.

The very worst of the far Right Wing extremists. A sad day for America if he gets to pull the strings for his Corporate buddies.

You would think that people who deny climate change/global warming would be looked at as a bunch of loonies, right alongside those who've been abducted by aliens and members of the Flat Earth Society. Yet, we have an entire political party sold on this belief...or at least that's what they tell their minions. This is one of many issues I have with the GOP.

Unless 91% of all Americans are Republicans, you might need to take it up with the Democrats as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll: 91% Of Americans Aren’t Worried About Global Warming
11:10 AM 02/01/2016

As Iowans prepare to vote for presidential candidates, a new poll has surfaced showing once again the vast majority of Americans don’t rank global warming as the most serious issue facing the country.

A YouGov poll of 18,000 people in 17 countries found only 9.2 percent of Americans rank global warming as their biggest concern. Only Saudi Arabians were less concerned about global warming at 5.7 percent. The biggest concern for Americans was global terrorism — 28 percent of Americans polled listed this as their top issue.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/01/poll-91-of-americans-arent-worried-about-global-warming/

You're mixing two different issues.

On the one hand is the issue of: 'what % of Americans believe that climate is affected by human activity - primarily burning fossil fuels?'

On the other hand is: 'how important do Americans place that issue?'

I think a majority of Republicans don't think climate change is a big deal, and the same group don't place a high priority on enacting policies to deal with it. For perspective, consider; Republicans are a political minority in the US. Additionally, nearly all Republicans are Christian fundamentalists, so they believe in Noah's Ark, virgin birth, and God-designed creationism. They even have their own universities (one big one is in Lynchburg VA) where they teach that evolution is bunk.

I got my point across to people with adequate reading skills.

But just for the record, The Democratic party is also a political minority.

"As of October 2014[update], Gallup polling found that 43% of Americans identified as Democrats and 39% as Republicans, when party "leaners" were included; those figures changed to 41% Democratic and 42% Republican after the November 2014 elections.[3] However, an earlier 2013 Gallup survey found that 42% of Americans identified as political independents, a record high.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_U.S._states

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this issue of whether someone who is born to U.S. citizen parents who just happen to be outside the U.S. is able to become President interesting. There are hundreds of kids here in Thailand who are born to U.S. citizen parents each year. Just go into any of the Duke's restaurants here in Chiang Mai on a Friday evening and you'll see all the kids born to U.S. citizen fathers AND mothers. Aren't these kids able to become POTUS someday?

Gee, they're able to vote in U.S. elections and they'll have to pay U.S. taxes all their life. Why can't they become POTUS.?

I find this grossly unfair and am wondering why I'm continuing to file U.S. income tax every year if my offspring can't become POTUS. Well, OK I'm beyond producing offspring, but you get the idea.

Edit: I, in no way, support Ted Cruz, but I find the idea that we U.S. citizens abroad, who are expected to continue to pay federal income taxes don't have the right to have our offspring become POTUS (or any other elected office in the U.S.) to be especially objectionable. It's something that the various advocacy groups for Americans abroad should consider taking up.

I find this issue of whether someone who is born to U.S. citizen parents who just happen to be outside the U.S. is able to become President interesting. There are hundreds of kids here in Thailand who are born to U.S. citizen parents each year. Just go into any of the Duke's restaurants here in Chiang Mai on a Friday evening and you'll see all the kids born to U.S. citizen fathers AND mothers. Aren't these kids able to become POTUS someday?

Gee, they're able to vote in U.S. elections and they'll have to pay U.S. taxes all their life. Why can't they become POTUS.?

I find this grossly unfair and am wondering why I'm continuing to file U.S. income tax every year if my offspring can't become POTUS. Well, OK I'm beyond producing offspring, but you get the idea.

I agree that it is unfair, but the question isn't about fairness.

It's about a constitutional interpretation of "natural born citizen" applying to presidential eligibility which apparently has not been legally tested yet in American history.

If Cruz is nominated, it definitely will become a court case to make this determination.

Then we'll know for sure.

Now we don't.

More and more I find these party chairmen chair-people to be useless. Michael Steele's job as head of the RNC was to do what his bosses told him -- who these bosses are we never really know. (BTW I am by no means a Republican but I like Steele, he was a "token" and he knew it, and hated it, and still does.)

Now the there's this Priebus guy. Shouldn't the RNC be vetting these candidates? They should have had a solid, final stance on Cruz's eligibility before allowing him into the primaries. They should have examined whether or not Trump was actually a Republican before accepting his declaration of being a candidate. And don't get me started about the DNC chair.

As I see it the job of the chair person is to be the party's COO. Instead they are like the substitute teacher who can't control the students.