Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

No Dim5star, it isn't nonsense my friend, if you offer free shipping, the buyer isn't given the 5 star rating option on "postage and packaging" when leaving their feedback, and when you realise I'm right i'll kindly accept your apology smile.png

If you read further up in the same post. I actually say exactly that in my reply to BKKdreaming.

The automatic 5 stars is for postage & packing CHARGES not late delivery.

Example: if you charge 500 baht postage and it's only cost say 80 baht and the buyer sees that, ou're obviously going to get marked down in stars, even if you charge the correct amount and the buyer thinks it's over priced then they can still mark you down. If you offer "free" postage, then you automatically get 5 stars.

Regardless if you get full automatic 5 stars, the buyer will now still get asked the additional question, did the item item before such and such date?

This has been in play for a few months now, and came into full effect as of Feb 20th.

Has nothing to do with the 5 star system.

Again Dim5star, theres nothing nonsensical about what i said !

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I have free shipping with every item, and can't be marked down in feedback...

Not true,

You can not be marked down on

postage charge as there was none.

Speed of deliver is totally different

Look at your new seller dashboard

Late deliveries can cause problems for your

Account if you do not upload tracking information.

No Dim5star, it isn't nonsense my friend, if you offer free shipping, the buyer isn't given the 5 star rating option on "postage and packaging" when leaving their feedback, and when you realise I'm right i'll kindly accept your apology smile.png

If you read further up in the same post. I actually say exactly that in my reply to BKKdreaming.

The automatic 5 stars is for postage & packing CHARGES not late delivery.

Example: if you charge 500 baht postage and it's only cost say 80 baht and the buyer sees that, ou're obviously going to get marked down in stars, even if you charge the correct amount and the buyer thinks it's over priced then they can still mark you down. If you offer "free" postage, then you automatically get 5 stars.

Regardless if you get full automatic 5 stars, the buyer will now still get asked the additional question, did the item item before such and such date?

This has been in play for a few months now, and came into full effect as of Feb 20th.

Has nothing to do with the 5 star system.

Again Dim5star, theres nothing nonsensical about what i said !

Not nonsensical but behind the times. Recently Ebay introduced a late delivery metric. Thankfully though this is currently reference only. The only thing that can protect against late delivery bad ratings is marking dispatched on time and uploading tracking number.

Ok, post seems to have returned to normal as of 10th/11th Feb onwards.

Who knows what was really the problem, who knows what's going to happen to the items that haven't got there.

Either way i'm done with this thread which i originally started in hope to find some answers and bring together people who were having the same issues.

TBH, seems like a lot of fabricated posts lately, and now we're steering off into the basics of ebay selling.

Anyone who's had genuine issues with the post, and anyone who sells on ebay...i hope everything picks up soon (especially mommysboy and br1stol).

Be good thumbsup.gif

hey guys,

still no luck?

a thai lady posted that she asked thai post call centre which airline her parcels went with and emailed the cargo directly. hers was sent out 6 feb and still not shown on normal tracking. i will try this tmrw.

she also mentioned that they were saying its starting to arrive in the uk. maybe posts from late jan you guys send are arriving?

My wife has done some searching and it turns out New year there was New management in Thailand Post who found SriLanka airlines could deliver far cheaper than any other but as we all know they took 6 weeks and counting

They have been using Finn air since 10th February with better service but still not good.

I feel sorry for you guys on Ebay as not many people would want to wait that long for a parcel.

I only buy a few items on Ebay and after 3-4 weeks i am reaching for the refund button

I still have lost 4 parcels sent to family 2 have gone awol since 22 Jan probably still sat in a hanger in Srilanka?

Only the brightest individuals ask a refund for a late delivery,especially when they order from abroad.

When my customers do this I publish their names and address in Google as scammers and cheaters to make sure that they dont do it again. They they will remember that I paid for a shipping that they refused !

My wife has done some searching and it turns out New year there was New management in Thailand Post who found SriLanka airlines could deliver far cheaper than any other but as we all know they took 6 weeks and counting
They have been using Finn air since 10th February with better service but still not good.
I feel sorry for you guys on Ebay as not many people would want to wait that long for a parcel.
I only buy a few items on Ebay and after 3-4 weeks i am reaching for the refund button
I still have lost 4 parcels sent to family 2 have gone awol since 22 Jan probably still sat in a hanger in Srilanka?

I am not talking LATE delivery i am talking no delivery and i have asked for a refund twice when 2 items never arrived.

Both didnt give me tracking info and if they had i would have waited as i could see it was posted.

Dont think putting a name and address on google would do anything ? how often would anyone search for that?

hey guys,

still no luck?

a thai lady posted that she asked thai post call centre which airline her parcels went with and emailed the cargo directly. hers was sent out 6 feb and still not shown on normal tracking. i will try this tmrw.

she also mentioned that they were saying its starting to arrive in the uk. maybe posts from late jan you guys send are arriving?

Success. Quite an important letter that I didn't want to lose sent to UK Pensions Service end of January, checked just now. Took 36 days to arrive!!

logopost.jpg Help | Contact Us

Search Result : RXXXXXXX5TH

DATETIME Scan Location Description Delivery Status January 20, 2016

16:11:25 NANA Accept January 21, 2016

10:38:45 NANA Items Into Container January 21, 2016

11:15:49 NANA Dispatch January 22, 2016

08:40:38 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received January 22, 2016

11:33:13 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE February 24, 2016

11:53:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept February 24, 2016

14:08:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept February 25, 2016

12:00-16:29 Great Britain (NE) Delivery Status Successful Recipient Name

after called thailand post call centre and squeezing flight number out from them, i contacted the airline to see where exactly are the mails. i have just received an email from a cargo manager of srilanka airline. just confirming what kwak250 was saying, this is his respond

I spoke to the in charge of the post Office mail section at Colombo airport and understood that there are huge backlog of London mail bags are lying here in Colombo. This is mainly because of space issue out of Colombo to London and issue will be addressed soonest and will keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks and Best Regards

its quite shocking that they'd let it sit there not doing anything this long! at least its not completely missing. and great to see partington's post above! maybe mine will arrive in uk in 36 days... no complain at this point as long as it gets there..

Just tell people to search for their name and address in Google then they understand and often regret.

Useful or not when I paid for shipping you wait for your parcel even if it takes 2 months i don't care, I am not the stupid enough one why buys goods from abroad !

I am not talking LATE delivery i am talking no delivery and i have asked for a refund twice when 2 items never arrived.

Both didnt give me tracking info and if they had i would have waited as i could see it was posted.

Dont think putting a name and address on google would do anything ? how often would anyone search for that?

Is this your law ?

Because I write free shipping BUT only if items is received.

People who do not accept a parcel or return it go to hell and get refunded minus the shipping because I decide what I want for my business.

Shipping included is NOT the same as FREE shipping.

When "included", If an item is returned for refund, you can deduct the shipping cost from it and refund the item price..

If its "Free" shipping", whatever they paid, they get back 100%. you lose the actual shipping cost.

Many post services in the world do not accept rope on parcels because they have automatic machines.

But it seems that Thailand post old fashion still asks to some people to put a rope around the boxes ?

In this case the parcel could be slow to dispatch...

I have the same problem with a package to Brazil. It was sent out of Bangkok Airport the day after I took it to the post office (20 Jan), left 21st. and only yesterday did the tracker show it was received in Brazil - on the 18th of February.

Still nothing on two I sent to the UK on 21 January (left the airport on the 23rd, still not showing as received in the UK) and also one sent on 26th January (left the airport on 27th) and again nothing showing in the UK.

Someone above said they thought Thai packages must be being singled out for special (delayed) attention - inspection or whatever - but I also wonder if they did something on their fee sharing or something else to piss off other countries' mail handlers, which led to Thai-posted packages being positively discriminated against, which may have been now been corrected.

I have to post another one today so I'm a bit nervous...

Hi

I posted an item to on the 4th Feb 2016 and until now the item has not arrived in the UK. Current status is as follows:

06.02.2016 Sent Item Abroad (Export)​

I called Royal Mail and they advised me that the item is still in Thailand ready to board a flight and infact there was a flight number. I called the Thailand Post today and they informed me the item was on it's way, but they could not tell me where it was.

Has anyone had a successful delivery to the UK when posted from Thailand on the early part of February. I posted on the 4th February using the AIr Mail Registered Post service.

Thanks

Hi

I posted an item to on the 4th Feb 2016 and until now the item has not arrived in the UK. Current status is as follows:

I called Royal Mail and they advised me that the item is still in Thailand ready to board a flight and infact there was a flight number. I called the Thailand Post today and they informed me the item was on it's way, but they could not tell me where it was.

Has anyone had a successful delivery to the UK when posted from Thailand on the early part of February. I posted on the 4th February using the AIr Mail Registered Post service.

Thanks

All the early Feb post to UK is Missing, we post from Loei and Bang sean all same....useless

February 5, 2016

16:21:21 BANG SAEN Items Into Container

February 5, 2016

16:21:31 BANG SAEN Dispatch

February 5, 2016

21:14:21 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Items Into Container

February 5, 2016

21:14:42 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Dispatch

February 6, 2016

00:13:55 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Container Received

February 6, 2016

10:33:03 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

February 6, 2016

13:33:52 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

Edited by br12stol

Hi

Thanks

All the early Feb post to UK is Missing, we post from Loei and Bang sean all same....useless

February 5, 2016

16:21:21 BANG SAEN Items Into Container

February 5, 2016

16:21:31 BANG SAEN Dispatch

February 5, 2016

21:14:21 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Items Into Container

February 5, 2016

21:14:42 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Dispatch

February 6, 2016

00:13:55 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Container Received

February 6, 2016

10:33:03 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

February 6, 2016

13:33:52 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

Thanks for the info.

So I guess all early Feb post missing means it will never been seen again?

Can we claim compensation? If so how much can we claim up to with registered mail?

When I called Thailand Post they denied all knowledge there were any issues (they would :-/). Is the above "All Missing" an official response?

One wonders how all that mail can simply go missing... But then it is Thailand I guess.

Thanks

As I posted before, if you sent before Feb 11, all your mails are not lost but they have just been sitting in airport in Colombo waiting to get on flight to London by Srilanka airline.

Please help email this guy to put pressure on them

[email protected]

He's the cargo manager for Srilanka Airline in Colombo.

Apologies, I missed that post.

I have just emailed them to put further pressure. I have also put pressure on Thailand Post.

Thanks for the email :-)

Hopefully we should get some progress of this complete mess.

As I posted before, if you sent before Feb 11, all your mails are not lost but they have just been sitting in airport in Colombo waiting to get on flight to London by Srilanka airline.

[email protected]

I have just emailed them to put further pressure. I have also put pressure on Thailand Post.

I got a response from the Cargo manager:

"This was taken to the top level and will be addressed immediately"

I am amazed this is not BIG news ,

is this the only pile of Thai mail sitting at an airport waiting for space ?

Do other countries Post Offices have this trouble to or is this an odd Thai thing ?

Piles of orphan mail all over the world ?

Who is getting fired at the Post Office for letting this happen ????? ( Ha Ha trick question - NO one fired )

Pictures we need pictures.....

[email protected]

Thanks for the help emailing the man! He was very responsive before until he discovered the problem is with his airline haha

The most horrid thing is Thai post HAD NO IDEA. They kept saying they're waiting for Royal Mail to respond but of course RM isnt going to. It's not their fault. The mails never arrived. Most ppl saying at least they're not lost...but still over a month! UGH! I hope mine will take 36 days like previous posts...

[email protected]

and since our last 3 packages from BKK to the USA have gone thru New York ( normally West Coast USA ) there may be a pile of USA bound mail sitting there too ,

Thai Post took our Money they should be accountable, saying they don't know is not good enough, I am Surprised some Thai businesses have not collectively started legal Action against them by now.

We paid for a service which they failed to deliver.

[email protected]

Thanks for the help emailing the man! He was very responsive before until he discovered the problem is with his airline haha

The most horrid thing is Thai post HAD NO IDEA. They kept saying they're waiting for Royal Mail to respond but of course RM isnt going to. It's not their fault. The mails never arrived. Most ppl saying at least they're not lost...but still over a month! UGH! I hope mine will take 36 days like previous posts...

No problem,

I have also sent Thailand Post a pressure email outlining the reason for delay etc etc.

They probably already know, but perhaps the customer service department may not.

The interesting thing about partingtons post receiving the mail in 36 days, is there is quite a gap between the entry SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received and the entry SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE:

:

Where as my status the container received and departure from outward OE is the same 06th February 2016. Perhaps that is just a quirk with the Thai tracking system.

With any luck the mail should be delivered but there should be a claim for consequential damages.

No problem,

I have also sent Thailand Post a pressure email outlining the reason for delay etc etc.

They probably already know, but perhaps the customer service department may not.

The interesting thing about partingtons post receiving the mail in 36 days, is there is quite a gap between the entry SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received and the entry SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE:

:

Where as my status the container received and departure from outward OE is the same 06th February 2016. Perhaps that is just a quirk with the Thai tracking system.

With any luck the mail should be delivered but there should be a claim for consequential damages.

This is a mistake because the formatting in my post got messed up because I copied it directly from the website.

The dates always refer to the next line, as you can tell if you look at the last line of the tracking on my previous post (there is no date at the end of this last line).

There is a huge gap between Departure from outward OE and arrival in GB , just as in your case.

It should read:

DATETIME Scan Location Description Delivery Status

January 20, 2016 16:11:25 NANA Accept

January 21, 2016 10:38:45 NANA Items Into Container

January 21, 2016 11:15:49 NANA Dispatch

January 22, 2016 08:40:38 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

January 22, 2016 11:33:13 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

February 24, 2016 11:53:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept

February 24, 2016 14:08:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept

February 25, 2016 12:00-16:29 Great Britain (NE) Delivery Status Successful Recipient Name

It's simple as well as unforunate: mail from late last year through to February 11th appx, is subject to extreme delay. Trying to make head or tail of it is as about as much use as reading tea leaves. It seems Thai Post changed carrier, realised it's error very late, and has now switched back.

The only silver lining is that most stuff has turned up and we are rapidly approaching the Feb 11 th point when post normalised, so there will be little problem thereon. Some batches appear completely lost,eg, 15th Jan, and Feb 4th-6th appears to be the big worry unfolding.

[email protected]

No problem,

:

I have emailed and asked if its possible to send my missing parcels back to Thailand as i would prefer to have them back if they cannot send them to the U.K

Haven't heard anything back yet.