Best installer for ceramic film?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for 3M Crystalline CR70 (30%). Around 15K. Great visibility at night!

(terrible music... ) wink.png

The shop I bought from is called Formula Technique on Rama 4. They do film and car stereo. Looked clean and well run.

Edited by mortenaa

Honestly, I don't think you're going to experience any big difference between installers - in price or service.

The Crystalline is a good film and give good outwards visibility and heat rejection, but carbon ceramic gives you good privacy along with those other attributes (i.e. it's dark from the outside, light from the inside).

Honestly, I don't think you're going to experience any big difference between installers - in price or service.

The Crystalline is a good film and give good outwards visibility and heat rejection, but carbon ceramic gives you good privacy along with those other attributes (i.e. it's dark from the outside, light from the inside).

Carbon film or Ceramic film? Or do u have films which are both Carbon and Ceramic? Interesting..

Looking around at the moment, huper optic or equivalent. Any suggestions in and around BK? I'm getting online quotes around 15k

My night vision isn't great so going for a fairly light 20(front)40(side/back)

My eyes are not too good at night either ...I have SolarFX ... quite happy with it. I'm only a few kms from CW immigration ...you can come and look if you want. Or go to their shop.

I've seen quite a few Thai people post about "Cardinal" films.

Does anyone have experience with them? https://www.facebook.com/cardinalfilmthailand/?fref=ts

The most popular brands of carbon ceramic are:

Huper Optik

SolarFX

Cardinal

I have used the first two before, but not the Cardinal.

All are based on the same basic design: a dual layer laminate film (carbon + ceramic) which has excellent UV, IR and heat rejection, with excellent outwards visibility but at the same time, looks dark from the outside for privacy/looks.

The Huper and SolarFX "70" films (30% by Thai measurements) have only the very slightest drop in light levels when looking from inside to out, and are excellent for night visibility. On the other end of the scale, their "05" films (95%) look almost completely black from the outside, but are more like a conventional 40-60% film from the inside.

OK, this is a test with a specific mission in mind (to sell the Huper Optik film), but still interesting:

Hehe, I'm not saying that there might be far superior tints on the market, but this is complete bogus. First of all, I think the 3M is inside out. I cleaned my windows with soap and normal window cleaner, and no color have come off, or even a single scratch. Funny video though.

OK, this is a test with a specific mission in mind (to sell the Huper Optik film), but still interesting:

Hehe, I'm not saying that there might be far superior tints on the market, but this is complete bogus. First of all, I think the 3M is inside out. I cleaned my windows with soap and normal window cleaner, and no color have come off, or even a single scratch. Funny video though.

I was about to suggest the same (inside out) :)

Carbon ceramic is a tricky film to apply apparently, so my guess is no matter where you buy it, they're only going to put their best guys on the job.. Install mess-ups cost them real money...

Huper Optik have dealers all over the country, as do Cardinal.

Anyone heard of CTX ? Seen a couple of Thai ads for this window film

Can't say I have... but if it's not considerably cheaper and equal performing as very well respected brands in the West like Huper Optik, 3M and SolarFX, why bother? :)

Ok if you want something clear and does the biz ... have a look at VOX ...voxthailand.com I have their seller phone number ...they were at MotorExpo...it is quite expensive ...I'd still go for SolarFX though

Edited by JAS21

Cook my sock, on 05 Feb 2016 - 15:55, said:Cook my sock, on 05 Feb 2016 - 15:55, said:

Anyone heard of CTX ? Seen a couple of Thai ads for this window film

Out of interest I googled ... it's made by Llumar. It looks like it has been out a few years. Guess you need to contact the company for a price. I have to admit that no one offered it to me when I was considering which film to use

Edited by JAS21

• 1 month later...

Never heard of it but googled...it looks like some promotion with Honda. There is an impressive looking video on youtube ... You could get their phone number from Facebook and see if you can do better than 16K thb yourself.

Always best to see a sample on a car. As said earlier ...ceramics can look dark from outside but viewing out can look clearish ....

I know that SolarFX usually have a car that you can sit in to see clarity.

Edited by JAS21

That YouTube video looks totally ridiculous.

Do I misunderstand or are you are saying that 'the video looks a bit suspect'. If that is the case then would you wish to involve yourself with the product.

Actually car windows are quite difficult to smash unless the 'tool' has a sharp point...I think. Tell us what product you end up with.

You may want to do some research into ceramic film because it's the same sort of marketing gimmick as they use in ceramic house paint. The idea of using ceramics to reduce heat comes from the space shuttle, in reality ceramic powder doesn't reduce heat load it merely ensures that heat is absorbed evenly, heat reduction comes from using other techniques. So using ceramic film on glass seems rather a pointless exercise since modern glass is highly engineered and already absorbs heat evenly anyway. What the roof paint manufacturers tell you is that using ceramic roof paint will reduce heat load substantially, when you look at the fine print the resulting heat reduction is often less than 1%, greater numbers can be achieved by changing the colour of the roof paint from a dark to a light colour - smoke and mirrors.

You may want to do some research into ceramic film because it's the same sort of marketing gimmick as they use in ceramic house paint. The idea of using ceramics to reduce heat comes from the space shuttle, in reality ceramic powder doesn't reduce heat load it merely ensures that heat is absorbed evenly, heat reduction comes from using other techniques. So using ceramic film on glass seems rather a pointless exercise since modern glass is highly engineered and already absorbs heat evenly anyway. What the roof paint manufacturers tell you is that using ceramic roof paint will reduce heat load substantially, when you look at the fine print the resulting heat reduction is often less than 1%, greater numbers can be achieved by changing the colour of the roof paint from a dark to a light colour - smoke and mirrors.

'hell ...so the fact that I now think the car is cooler inside since fitting ceramic window film, before had none, is actually in my imagination. Means that I could just have paid 1000thb for a session with a 'trickcyclist' who would have 'instilled' that in my head... wouldn't work with Mrs Jas though ... she knows everything and nothing will change her opinion

That YouTube video looks totally ridiculous.

Do I misunderstand or are you are saying that 'the video looks a bit suspect'. If that is the case then would you wish to involve yourself with the product.

Actually car windows are quite difficult to smash unless the 'tool' has a sharp point...I think. Tell us what product you end up with.

Thanks. The Honda rep sent me the vid and IMO it's giving the impression that it massively strengthens the glass. That's just my take anyway.

Found a company that does both the glass paint coating with a 10yr guarantee and huper optic, 0% finance

Picking the car up next week now as I'm away.

Edited by Cook my sock