America's voting system is crazy -- here's what you need to know

webfact

America's voting system is crazy -- here's what you need to know
By Chris Moody, CNN

(CNN)It may be a long, raucous and rambling road to the White House, but choosing the next American president is anything but simple.

While many voters won't pay attention until a few weeks before Election Day, running for president takes years of active planning, fundraising and calculation.

But when should you start caring? And what's the difference between a caucus and a primary? Here's what you need to know about the 2016 U.S. Presidential election.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/31/politics/us-election-2016-explained/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-02-02

You register as to the party you chose to be a member of. There are several, including Independent.

I have known some of the real red necks who have never registered, thus are not on voting roll and have never voted. Some of these have never paid federal income tax social security nor have bank accounts. They are also known to have a fully auto rifle in their truck and maybe some explosives within reach of the driver. This type are normally physically located near like minded /thinking people and rarely bother others unless pressured into a physical altercatation.

The fact that the bush family have been president more than once and are trying to be again is alarming !!

As for an ex presidents wife trying to be president , I think that is insane !! It is just like giving him a free go at doing it again!

As far as im concerned nobody in the immediate family of an ex president or serving president should be allowed to run ever !!blink.png

I used to hate Trump (for the way he treated Rosie O'Donnell) but I'm liking him more and more every day. He's the only one who's not afraid to speak the plain truth. Of course everyone is labeling him a racist and a bigot because they aren't used to hearing the truth. The whole world is insane. The emperor has no clothes and nobody will talk about it.

As a Brit, can one of the rebels advise, how you vote for republican or democratic candidate? How is it known that you support either party before you vote.

Probably a simple answer but please tell me.

rebels = winners (just saying)

I used to hate Trump (for the way he treated Rosie O'Donnell) but I'm liking him more and more every day. He's the only one who's not afraid to speak the plain truth. Of course everyone is labeling him a racist and a bigot because they aren't used to hearing the truth. The whole world is insane. The emperor has no clothes and nobody will talk about it.

He's not a racist nor a bigot,,,he manipulative...and mostly what he's saying (and he doesn't say much) is not the truth.

The fact that the bush family have been president more than once and are trying to be again is alarming !!

As for an ex presidents wife trying to be president , I think that is insane !! It is just like giving him a free go at doing it again!

As far as im concerned nobody in the immediate family of an ex president or serving president should be allowed to run ever !!blink.png

We (USA) are a society based on individuals NOT families or clans (at least I hope so). If the individual is

qualified, lucky..etc. let them achieve.

Wouldn't it be amazing to elect a president who knows how to manage huge companies, owes no one for campaign funds,

And wants to protect our country. What a change from the previous president who had no managing experience, owed everyone, couldn't find his birth certificate, and was late for most meetings? America better wake up......

With all the accusations of cheating from several camps after just one caucus to me points out that they are all aware that cheating is not just possible, it is likely.

And it all starts over again. Do we really have to endure this same shtik e-v-e-r-y f-o-u-r y-e-a-r-s ?? PLEASE! Get some new material!

The American voting system is irreparably damaged because of the ignorance of its citizens. America is a representative republic with democratic mechanisms. It has an electoral college process whereby direct Democracy is really not present (nor should it be because Democracy is mob-rule, only and always). Democracy is anathema to a Constitutional Representative Republic as it possesses no mechanism to protect the minority; democratic processes, however, are necessary and desired. Under Dewey-Progressive-Education hijacking Americans have been effectively divorced from substantive knowledge of how voting works. Americans have been educated for the past two generations (only) to believe they live in a Democracy, and most are now too ignorant to know otherwise. A suggestion of the problems this presents are evident in Gore's run for the presidency.

America has a democratic mechanism for electing yes, but... the electoral college is not as transparent as entering a booth, pulling a lever, and registering the choice. The electoral college is not understood, and seems compromised (read bought). Even though it is not a Democracy America goes through the motions of appearing to be a Democracy. Even this untruth is an illusion.