Tax refundable on bank interest paid.

Guys,

Help required please.

Up in Isaarn as I think it's a separate office to Bangkok regards returning tax paid on yearly bank interest on fixed deposits,what is the usual length of time after submitting and clearing the paperwork to the cheque arriving??

I was told 15 days and the past three years, that has been about right, this time however, We are into five weeks now into 2016 and no sign of it??

I also am not sure if I can track and trace on their government website, I cannot find it at this place below, but I am not sure where to look.

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/

Edited by Scouse123

The different tax offices around the country vary in how fast they process a refund and possibly what form they prefer to use....sometimes just a simple one page Kor 10 form if having less than Bt30K total interest earned or multipage PND 10 form if having more than 30K total interest earned....and some people do it via internet.

Just for example, Bangkok has many tax offices where you can file your bank interest refund request. I've filed for the past found years at my office in western Bangkok....the first three years my refund took approx 6 weeks, but this year it only took 10 days from date of filing to check in my mailbox. The first two years and this year they used a Kor 10 form since I had less than 30K total interest earned...but last year they used the PND 10 form since I had over 30K total interest earned. Gross interest earned vs tax withheld interest drives the form they use.

Anyway, you "may" be able to see the status of your return on the Tax Revenue Dept website...at this weblink...depending on the form they used. I could track the status when they used the PND 10 form, but could not with the Kor 10 form. Unfortunately the status webpage is in Thai and google translate may not be able to translate. Pick the tax year, then enter your First and Middle Name in the next field, then your Sir Name in the next field and they your Tax number in the last field. Be sure to get field entry correct because just a simple typo anywhere will prevent it from finding any status "if" there is any status to be found depending on the form you used.

post-55970-0-33524400-1454642794_thumb.j

I went to the tax office here in Bangkok on January 12th and filed, and as of yesterday I have not received my mailed refund check. Last year I waited about six weeks for it and finally called them, I was told they hadn't issued my refund because they were not sure I did not have other income in Thailand. I finally convinced them after telling them I was on a Non-O Visa extension of stay based on retirement, which I also told them when I filed. I will wait a couple more weeks and if it hasn't arrived I will give them a call again this year.

Hi,

I am just back from local tax office who checked online and handed me the printout, all passed and said cheque will be with me at latest in the next two weeks ( subject to when a batch gets sent out) and I have no need to worry or be concerned.

The first year I filed I too also got concerned at the one month point since on the day I filed they said it will take about 4 weeks to get the refund. My followup with them said all is fine...will be about another week. Two weeks later still no check with another confirmation all is fineo but they have experienced some delays due to a policy change and some piece of equipment breaking down. I got the check about a week later.

Of my 4 years of filing for bank interest withholding refunds at the same office here in Bangkok for 3 of 4 years they took around 5 to 7 weeks...but this year it only took 20 days.

The first year I filed I too also got concerned at the one month point since on the day I filed they said it will take about 4 weeks to get the refund. My followup with them said all is fine...will be about another week. Two weeks later still no check with another confirmation all is fineo but they have experienced some delays due to a policy change and some piece of equipment breaking down. I got the check about a week later.

Of my 4 years of filing for bank interest withholding refunds at the same office here in Bangkok for 3 of 4 years they took around 5 to 7 weeks...but this year it only took 20 days.

Let me correct something....it was not 20 days this year but 10 days.