Man jumps five stories to death inside Silom Complex mall

Jonathan Fairfield

Army Veteran falls to his death at Bangkok shopping mall, reportedly suicide
Sukhumvit News

ex-army-suicide-silom-complex.jpg

BANGKOK -- Ex-soldier Sawat Yata fell to his death from the fifth floor of the Silom Complex on Thursday afternoon.

After reviewing the CCTV evidence and witness testimony, police have determined his death to be suicide, reports Khaosod English.

55-year old Mr Sawat removed his shoes before he fell to the first floor around 4.30pm yesterday. He was killed instantly as he fell into a goods kiosk for the Muji brand who were conducting a clearance sale on the first floor.

Full Story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/army-veteran-falls-to-his-death-at-bangkok-shopping-mall-reportedly-suicide/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-02-05

When there is reasonable doubt as to pushed... It's called "suicide"by the press

When it's clearly suicide, the press say he "fell"

What's with that??

Either way, I hope he finds the peace he's looking for, but more importantly, I worry that he may have temporarily or permanently traumatized an innocent bystander and hope parents kept their children away... Unfortunately, the whole pictures on Facebook issue, seems to suggest that people are simply to desensitized to blood, gore and death, to care.

I would think there would be more sympathy for the Army veteran. if you like it or not Thailand has been involved in a war in the South. The way Thai's deal with psychological problems their are more ticking time bombs out there that are not getting any help. The guy could have been suffering from PTSD. How many tours in the south did he do? how many buddy's killed . Just think about all the bad decisions he has witnessed first hand from Army officers and their THAINESS. that alone would drive him crazy. None of them ever published or ever will while under military rule

The saddest thing is to see the general lack of empathy.........what ever the reason, ill health, mental illness, emotional problems never forget it could be you!

You never know how or when life can push you too the brink of despair, insanity and possibly suicide until you experience it.

No comment and move on is a million times better than attempts at humour at the expense of an individual who took his life.

Enjoy your life while you can .............and thank your god, if you have one? that you retain a balanced mental health until you die naturally.

The Im alright Jack brigade in abundance on Tvisa may one day find they are not!!

He had no respect for himself or others doing this in public. Why does he deserve respect?

respect

rɪˈspɛkt/
noun
"a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements."
Edited by sipi

Why can't they just go back to their room and swallow a fistful of pills? He could have killed someone else. No sympathy.

Maybe because he was not in his right mind.You don't know one thing about his background,yet you have no sympathy.Something missing from your make up.

Innocent bystanders should not need to see his brains leaking out of his ears. I zero sympathy

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Do you actually think that his brains leaking out was utmost in his thoughts.It's all about stopping the pain.Maybe you should read into suicide and you might be able to make a more informed comment.

Innocent bystanders should not need to see his brains leaking out of his ears. I zero sympathy

Do you actually think that his brains leaking out was utmost in his thoughts.It's all about stopping the pain.Maybe you should read into suicide and you might be able to make a more informed comment.
No . People committing suicide have a choice. Hanging, pills, bus, Train, wrists. But he chose to go in a spectacular show with a full audience and was probably a narcissist so he didn't care.

Edited by mcfish

RIP . Thais have already posted pictures on facebook and other social channels for their amusement. I don't understand why they get a "kick" out of this.

Thai's are just as insensitve as some TVF members.

Some Thais are also just as compassionate as some TVF members .