Overstay Question

Still find it amazing how so many people have "suddenly" found the money and moral courage to clear their overstays. I wonder if it has anything to do with the impending blacklisting....................................

i've had a motorcycle accident and went into a coma. As for the money you shouldn't be worry for me as i don't worry about it at all. By the way the question that i've asked was to know if it was possible to pay at a border or if a flight was necessary. And please when you don't know what you're talking about well you know, it's better to just zip it.

Medical extension would have been the correct course of action then ? But good to see you have recovered :-)

As above. If still recent you could possibly get the medical institution to provide a written confirmation of your coma state which caused your overstay. Because medical conditions do cause overstays Thai Immigration does accept it with independant verification.

Maybe to extract that confirmation will also cost but at least you will not face any ban from return if you wish too.

And yes, lucky recovery and good luck to you.

Still find it amazing how so many people have "suddenly" found the money and moral courage to clear their overstays. I wonder if it has anything to do with the impending blacklisting....................................

i've had a motorcycle accident and went into a coma. As for the money you shouldn't be worry for me as i don't worry about it at all. By the way the question that i've asked was to know if it was possible to pay at a border or if a flight was necessary. And please when you don't know what you're talking about well you know, it's better to just zip it.

Medical extension would have been the correct course of action then ? But good to see you have recovered :-)

As above. If still recent you could possibly get the medical institution to provide a written confirmation of your coma state which caused your overstay. Because medical conditions do cause overstays Thai Immigration does accept it with independant verification.

Maybe to extract that confirmation will also cost but at least you will not face any ban from return if you wish too.

And yes, lucky recovery and good luck to you.

I think you are conveying "mistaken" information and pedaling false hope unless links to fact or a police order can be provided.

Once on overstay there is no means of retrospectively changing that fact.

Urbanjoe, if he was in a coma it would have been obviously impossible for him to get an extension, surely there's some sort of allowance for a person who is incapacitated and unable to do so, until such time they are back in the land of the living?

Not according to some Thai logic.

The Thai logic is: if he did not travel to Thailand he would not have found himself in a coma while in the Kingdom.

Coming back on topic, i would fly out.

Edited by lkv

I personally know of two situations involving medical reasons for extensive overstay. With legitimate verification Thia Immigration acknowledged that the cost of hospilization was punitive enough ! A person in a comatose state with no agent to negotiate for during that time is not a target .

I personally know of two situations involving medical reasons for extensive overstay. With legitimate verification Thia Immigration acknowledged that the cost of hospilization was punitive enough ! A person in a comatose state with no agent to negotiate for during that time is not a target .

Anecdotal "evidence" which cannot be verified.

Detail and verifiable fact would be helpful.

• Like 1

You know what they say ? Don't believe everything u read.

If u want to solve your problem by paying a little cash it can be remedied by using one of the most influential visa run people in Bangkok.

I know I just had a 3 year overstay and he took care of it for me and it was not big deal. Without me posting all the specifics I will just say

call him at his office ...the guy has done all my passport and visa crap for the past 8 years and he is very reliable and u can feel comfortable

dealing with him. Just tell him the guy "Rick" with the 3 year overstay recommended you and he will probably tell u to come to his office so he can

see your passport and tell u the cost and details. His number is : <contact by PM>

As far as people on here that like to talk stupid.....I wouldn't bother to even answer them. Why u overstayed is none of their business.

it is a lot cheaper to fly out the country, get a visa and come back

If u want to solve your problem by paying a little cash it can be remedied by using one of the most influential visa run people in Bangkok.

I know I just had a 3 year overstay and he took care of it for me and it was not big deal. Without me posting all the specifics I will just say

call him at his office ...the guy has done all my passport and visa crap for the past 8 years and he is very reliable and u can feel comfortable

dealing with him. Just tell him the guy "Rick" with the 3 year overstay recommended you and he will probably tell u to come to his office so he can

see your passport and tell u the cost and details. His number is : <contact by PM>

As far as people on here that like to talk stupid.....I wouldn't bother to even answer them. Why u overstayed is none of their business.

he could be your friend and just take the money and run Edited by FritsSikkink

Lots of innuendo effort to describe something that is just logical and nobody had a problem admitting.

Likely it was the whole point of the strict punishment regime eh, to flush out.

Any remaining must have other reasons.........

• Like 1

The guy was in a coma, and even if not for 100 days, I would think he had enough to worry about, rather than an overstay.

Also, if he is in a coma and has a GF or wife, an overstay is the last thing they would be worrying about.

A good hospital will do the medical ex.for you.

• Like 1

If you want to pay crooks through the nose,that's up to you,but there are simple legal ways to do things.

• Like 1

Probably best to simply leave by way of the airport in Bangkok ( preferably ) and pay the overstay and then come back later.

There will be the overstay stamp in the passport and that could be a reason used to reject a visa application or refuse the person entry into Thailand in the future.

Obtaining a new passport could help to avoid future problems.....but many claim the immigration data base will reveal that the previous offence is attached to the owner of the passport while a new passport does not stop the embassies or consulates and or immigration authorities from knowing about the owner of the new passport committing a previous violation of the Thai immigration laws.

You would think the Thai Authorities can find out or know easily enough while they would anticipate people obtaining new passports and then attempt to re-enter the Kingdom on a new passport after believing they have wiped the slate clean with a new passport.

I am not sure if you can.

Cheers

Don't talk bs Jim,you gotta take things on face value,sometimes.Are you calling the member a liar?So you rekon he is going to run around and get other peoples medical records just to prove to you that what he said is true.I'll just take his word for it.

Louse 1953. A Thaivisa member posted not so long ago, saying that he was in hospital, then got a letter

from the doctor confirming this for Immigration. They did not accept it. I'm not sure what the final outcome was.

It should be accepted,but as we all know,different office has different interpretations.I am going through a Yellow book interpretation at the moment.

• Like 1

Probably best to simply leave by way of the airport in Bangkok ( preferably ) and pay the overstay and then come back later.

There will be the overstay stamp in the passport and that could be a reason used to reject a visa application or refuse the person entry into Thailand in the future.

Obtaining a new passport could help to avoid future problems.....but many claim the immigration data base will reveal that the previous offence is attached to the owner of the passport while a new passport does not stop the embassies or consulates and or immigration authorities from knowing about the owner of the new passport committing a previous violation of the Thai immigration laws.

You would think the Thai Authorities can find out or know easily enough while they would anticipate people obtaining new passports and then attempt to re-enter the Kingdom on a new passport after believing they have wiped the slate clean with a new passport.

Cheers

Wiping the slate clean with a new passport is a farang urban myth,perpertrated by people who thing they can get one over on the inept locals.

Cheers

Wiping the slate clean with a new passport is a farang urban myth,perpertrated by people who thing they can get one over on the inept locals.

Just white westerners then? Or did you mean foreigners?

Concerning the new passport issue I had a friend who through his own fault had a long overstay he ended up in the Bangkok Hilton and after a short stay there he went back to the U.K. Around a month or so later he called me as he was in Bangkok renting an apartment and about to start work.

He had obtained a new passport with no problems, his ways and means were legal within the U.K as he had been adopted as a young child and his old passport was in the name of his adoptive parents.

All he did was revert to his birth name which was on his amended birth certificate where the original fathers name had been replaced with the comment ''father unknown.

The countersignatures to his application were shown the relevant documents and it seems they had no problem in accepting that the former Fred Smith was now Fred Brown ( hypothetical names) who as the person concerned is still here in Thailand 6 years later and all legal,W.P. etc .

However we must accept this course of action is available to a small majority of people. Where there is a will there is a way!!

if I were migration I would refuse the fine money deport and ban them from Thailand for 5 years Thailand doesn't need people like that here, complete abuse of the immigration laws. NO RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!

if I were migration I would refuse the fine money deport and ban them from Thailand for 5 years Thailand doesn't need people like that here, complete abuse of the immigration laws. NO RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!

No argument from me and I suspect any right thinking person.

As said, strange that this rabble are now creeping out of the woodwork with plenty of cash to pay the puny fine.

Concerning the new passport issue I had a friend who through his own fault had a long overstay he ended up in the Bangkok Hilton and after a short stay there he went back to the U.K. Around a month or so later he called me as he was in Bangkok renting an apartment and about to start work.

However we must accept this course of action is available to a small majority of people. Where there is a will there is a way!!

Please remember that Immigration is going to roll out a mandatory finger print entry system this year, which is linked to a criminal fingerprint database of people convicted of crimes in Thailand. Old overstays are not crimes!

Many people who have changed their names and reentered with a new identity, are going to come unstuck, when they gives their finger prints exiting or entering Thailand and all the lights flash and they are taken away to "the room" for deportation!

• Like 1

I could provide such detail. However knowledge of these two situations does not give me the right to indulge private information.

Detail would be helpful in what manner?

My input is not advisory. Only intended to suggest that in genuine verified circumstance Thai authorities acknowledge .

Man, this is good advice!

You pay somebody, who you say is realy good, and you use him for the last 8 years! And in this time you had a overstay for 3 years?

So please, stop posting your BS!

No this is 100 % true. I know a guy, who knows a guy, who's uncles, sisters, second grandfather was in a coma for 9 years. :)

How long was the coma for? So must have had the accident/coma prior to your visa expiring - woke up! told you were in an accident and in a coma for ?? days. Then realized it's past your visa expiration date. Amazing!!!

I did what you're doing about getting advice about clearing an overstay.

After numerous advice - like

doing a border run to clear an overstay:

You'll just end up with numerous suggestions and not one guarantee it would work without it costing much more..

If you fly out of the country - I believe most would agree that's the safest option and pretty much the only worry free solution..

Now if you can't afford to fly out - and go the land option - then "WHAT IF" might cross your mind...

Plus I'm sure you'll still have to pay someone under the table to clear a 100 day overstay no matter what.

Many places jacked up their prices - because now is the time to make that extra cash from those not wanting to leave.

Good luck!

Edited by D3030

"the guy has done all my passport and visa crap for the past 8 years and he is very reliable"

"I know I just had a 3 year overstay and he took care of it for me and it was not big deal."

So you "just" had a three year overstay during the 8 years he was reliably doing all your "passport and visa crap??"

I know there are "backchannels" (i.e. illegal) to have your passport exit over border (backdated) then re-enter through the airport as of today for a fee.... but I would be very wary of such operations because just because it is possible - does not mean it is safe. It is likely all entries are timestamped in the computer, so if they really wanted to they could create an exceptions report of all suspicious activity. Then you might find yourself in trouble for falsifying entry/exit stamps in your passport..... which in all likelihood would lead to permanent blacklisting.

Don't even think about "backchannels" and backdated exit and entry stamps. It would get you in trouble without a doubt. At any rate, at no point has the OP indicated that this is an option he would want to contemplate. He clearly wants to pay the overstay fine. His basic question was:

Will i be able to leave via a border (for example, Nong Khai - Laos bridge) and pay the 20,000 baths or do i absolutely have to take a plane to leave the country?

Let's stick with that and not derail the topic with off-topic posts.

The OP has had some on-topic answers, and if anybody has had a recent experience of clearing an overstay of several months at a land border it will be appreciated if he posts it here.

Man, this is good advice!

You pay somebody, who you say is realy good, and you use him for the last 8 years! And in this time you had a overstay for 3 years?

So please, stop posting your BS!

Pretty sure you can pretty much pay for anything. Just accompanied a good friend, who stays for over 30 days every Jan-Feb, to Chon Buri Immigration the other day. The people outside who take pics for you and help with the paperwork asked for a Renter's Agreement or Hotel verification. Said it is a new rule implemented since the bombing last year. He had neither (never needed previously) and the little hotel B500/night in Pattaya doesn't even have a computer to print out anything official. They told him he needed to get one or the other...OR for B1000, they could "help" him. He paid the B1000 and lo and behold, the 30 day extension was granted for the usual B1900 (+ B1000 previously mentioned). There is also a small form stapled in the passport, signed by an immigration officer that says Receipt Of Notification of Address Verification (or something similar to that), which of course nothing had actually been verified!

Edited by Skeptic7

Last run I was one day late so joined the overstay que at nong khai. I was there a long time because of the paper work everyone needs to fill and saw 20000 being laid out by 2 ladies in front of me and the officer didn't even give them second glance, but they were Asians, not sure if that makes a difference

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk