Heineken/Tiger promos return to Dayli.....

bangmai

You know we like Dayli always have

They have as you mentioned great promos & the food is quite good.

But there is one odd (or not) thing there & it is this...

Try to get a unopened beer

Will not happen

They will either bring 3 opened bottles to your table or if you request they not open 3 they will just bring one,.

Question them about it & they will always have an excuse...They only open at bar or better this way as to be cold etc.

Yet they would have no problem bringing the three opened & letting them sit if you had not said something

This strikes me as odd how about you?

it's easier to supervise at the bar,,,staff changes....20 thb used to get me one at a time..freezing cold...they even rotated through a big sub-zero freezer, which is now gone....just deduct ice from tip..maybe they will remember. Perhaps, if you could speak Thai like a four year old?????

Sorry slow response dont log in here often.......

Haha yeah thanks but I speak read & write Thai quite well I'm told smile.png

Not that it would matter as out of our group of 6 I am the only non native Thai

I only ask because beer there always seems flat/flatter than normal

Yes last time we were there they did in fact bring them one at a time after we asked not to open all at once & they did say they only open at the bar...

Still quite odd compared to anywhere else where every girl has a opener on their person...Supervise what? You buy a promo your billed period

Inventory less bills equal what should be there or you have a staff with sticky fingers problem

20baht tip?? 555 we would be embarrassed to offer/leave something that tiny facepalm.gif

Supervise them not giving you any warm ones, or worst case ones that were opened five hours ago (oh, they only do that on MM). Considering the Thais usually leave zero, twenty to the bartender is at least a wakeup call, and since previous experience says 100 doesn't get you anywhere, I'll keep the number of carrots small, at this point. Most of my 10 years of drinking there has been great, but the real trouble started when they got rid of the deep freeze rotation, and just became another bar requiring you to buy ice....not to mention the disappearance of the 30-40 thb Thai food items from the menu, and they might have even chased away the satay guy. You claim to be going with five Thais and also claim to be a generous tipper...yet you still have problems getting a relatively simple order correct....I had nine years of success.

You know we like Dayli always have

They have as you mentioned great promos & the food is quite good.

But there is one odd (or not) thing there & it is this...

Try to get a unopened beer

Will not happen

They will either bring 3 opened bottles to your table or if you request they not open 3 they will just bring one,.

Question them about it & they will always have an excuse...They only open at bar or better this way as to be cold etc.

Yet they would have no problem bringing the three opened & letting them sit if you had not said something

This strikes me as odd how about you?

it's easier to supervise at the bar,,,staff changes....20 thb used to get me one at a time..freezing cold...they even rotated through a big sub-zero freezer, which is now gone....just deduct ice from tip..maybe they will remember. Perhaps, if you could speak Thai like a four year old?????

Sorry slow response dont log in here often.......

Haha yeah thanks but I speak read & write Thai quite well I'm told smile.png

Not that it would matter as out of our group of 6 I am the only non native Thai

I only ask because beer there always seems flat/flatter than normal

Yes last time we were there they did in fact bring them one at a time after we asked not to open all at once & they did say they only open at the bar...

Still quite odd compared to anywhere else where every girl has a opener on their person...Supervise what? You buy a promo your billed period

Inventory less bills equal what should be there or you have a staff with sticky fingers problem

20baht tip?? 555 we would be embarrassed to offer/leave something that tiny facepalm.gif

Supervise them not giving you any warm ones, or worst case ones that were opened five hours ago (oh, they only do that on MM). Considering the Thais usually leave zero, twenty to the bartender is at least a wakeup call, and since previous experience says 100 doesn't get you anywhere, I'll keep the number of carrots small, at this point. Most of my 10 years of drinking there has been great, but the real trouble started when they got rid of the deep freeze rotation, and just became another bar requiring you to buy ice....not to mention the disappearance of the 30-40 thb Thai food items from the menu, and they might have even chased away the satay guy. You claim to be going with five Thais and also claim to be a generous tipper...yet you still have problems getting a relatively simple order correct....I had nine years of success.

Congratulations on your nine years of successfully ordering beer ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the Thais usually leave zero, twenty to the bartender is at least a wakeup call,

Congratulations on your nine years of successfully ordering beer wink.png

555 smile.png

It seems he has been banned yet again but I am guessing he will reincarnate with a new name shortly...again

That aside the pigeonholing Thai's as zero tippers shows he comes from another era long since debunked smile.png

Or never had any normal friends smile.png

PS: Sorry again for slow replies I do not get on the forum often

Edited by mania

i am getting conflicting answers...my Thai friends say i need to order food at Dayli and the posters here say i don't.... whose correct?

i just want beer, no food.

I've only been to Dayli with friends, mostly Thai, and always ordered food. I think you can order just beer, and I've seen tables with lots of bottles and no food. However it's not the kind of place I'd go to alone just to drink beer. It's a traditional Thai eat and drink hangout. There are plenty of other places in the Nimmanhamin area better suited for drinking without eating.

Oxide Pub had French Maid and Naughty Nurse outfits last night ..........

225bht for 3 large Leo.

Who has the photos?

T-Bar Tiger promo finished, now 198bht for 3 large.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

There was a Chang and a San Miguel Light girl at W-Market in Phra Khanong last weekend. The first one was insisting to have a photo with me even. Imagine, drinking Chang smile.png. But they somehow managed to steal that Heineken image successfully and the larger population, even farangs, fall for it biggrin.png. I'd never drink Heineken if not forced...

Edited by MadMac