Heineken/Tiger promos return to Dayli.....

bangmai

Heineken, 3 for 229, Tiger 3 for 210.....they've replaced the old bar-stools. Employees have faces in smartphones, but just snap your fingers at them or shoot a bottle cap......lean on them about the beer temp to avoid warm ones or a bad hangover. Good value for Nimman (soi 11). 12 years, still ticking.

You know we like Dayli always have

They have as you mentioned great promos & the food is quite good.

But there is one odd (or not) thing there & it is this...

Try to get a unopened beer

Will not happen

They will either bring 3 opened bottles to your table or if you request they not open 3 they will just bring one,.

Question them about it & they will always have an excuse...They only open at bar or better this way as to be cold etc.

Yet they would have no problem bringing the three opened & letting them sit if you had not said something

This strikes me as odd how about you?

Edited by mania

Wanz Cafe Nimman Soi 9 3 Changs for 100 baht 5-8pm. After 8pm 150 baht I think

How is Wanz Cafe, in terms of beer selection, food, service, etc? I've never seen more than a handful of people in there, while Rush Bar on the same soi is usually packed on weekends. Unfortunately Rush Bar excludes foreigners from their beer promotions.

Will not happen

They will either bring 3 opened bottles to your table or if you request they not open 3 they will just bring one,.

Question them about it & they will always have an excuse...They only open at bar or better this way as to be cold etc.

Yet they would have no problem bringing the three opened & letting them sit if you had not said something

it's easier to supervise at the bar,,,staff changes....20 thb used to get me one at a time..freezing cold...they even rotated through a big sub-zero freezer, which is now gone....just deduct ice from tip..maybe they will remember. Perhaps, if you could speak Thai like a four year old?????

Not the best promo ever, but glad to read it's back. For some reason beer promotions have been hard to find lately. Blar Blar closing down doesn't help.

The fact that they made beer promotions illegal may have something to do with it.

I heard that no laughing no smiling or showing your teeth is next.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

Not the best promo ever, but glad to read it's back. For some reason beer promotions have been hard to find lately. Blar Blar closing down doesn't help.

The fact that they made beer promotions illegal may have something to do with it.

I heard that no laughing no smiling or showing your teeth is next.

I don't remember when beer promotions were made illegal, but it was over a year ago. It occasionally resulted in beer pretties having to work in "civilian" clothes, but didn't seem to affect the special price deals.

neighborhood bar three large Carlsberg 210baht.heineken the same

The old Neighborhood bar combined with the place next to it and became Bob's Garage. Is this the place you are referring to? Or did Neighborhood relocate to somewhere new?

ye same same good place to park your bum,old boss of poor blar blar bar has input,see blar blar bar completely demolished,shame that was a good hangout,same as sit in on nimman,strange phenomenon,wonder whos'next??

I estimate Dayli to be on 500 wah, but Blar Blar is bigger and accessible from two sois. Both, could easily be upcoming condo projects. Palm Springs seemed to sell fast...I don't know all the dirty details, but they did manage some price increases before construction was complete,,fairly average buildings, many units with obstructed views....that is where a lot of condo buyers want to be....all this while many experts, here, were calling for price declines of varying levels. Is Blar Blar going to reopen near the lion statue, behind Nimman, as reported?

What's that smaller pub in the same area, can't remeber the name but it is decorated with a bunch of toys, knickknacks, old 1970's type stuff, etc..?

Are you thinking of DeGage on Soi 13? It swallowed the wrecking ball last year. Was a fenced off lot last time I went by there.

Yeah that was it. Went there a few times. Food not so outstanding, but the staff was great.

A few promo girls can make a favorable impression, however many are employed by an agency, and don't work for that particular bar. They also had problems with coldness, but if they weren't busy they would bring you cold ones, but like another poster stated, they wouldn't hesitate to plop three opened warm ones on your table

What happened to Blar Blar? I thought that place did good business, and I thought it was subsidized by the beer Chang guys. It'll be interesting to see what goes up in it's place.

up market restaurant ive been informed,extensive farang food choices,as well as thai.

I estimate Dayli to be on 500 wah, but Blar Blar is bigger and accessible from two sois. Both, could easily be upcoming condo projects. Palm Springs seemed to sell fast...I don't know all the dirty details, but they did manage some price increases before construction was complete,,fairly average buildings, many units with obstructed views....that is where a lot of condo buyers want to be....all this while many experts, here, were calling for price declines of varying levels. Is Blar Blar going to reopen near the lion statue, behind Nimman, as reported?

ye some were by infinity/duang dang.new blar bar bar being built

I hope it will be like the old Blar Blar, but with a better beer selection. Serving only Chang was the biggest drawback to the place.

Big T opposite Oxide in Santithaam, 4 large Tigers for 200 baht. Ice 40 baht per bucket.

That's a good promotion. How's the food and pretties?

Pretties are good, promo is now 3 for 150 Tiger yai....similar coldness issues....seen large cockroaches crawling on the floor....At 19:00, they won't have a cold one in the house...BTW, Dayli no longer has any liquor and neither place allows smoking...always seem to be a few in the group have to have one or the other..and They now have the 630 ml Singhas at Dayli...likely a promo on them, too. They were loading the cooler from the front with 26 January born on dates, at about 21:00 last night...seems like an odd time to load the cooler with warm ones...but at least they are fresh. Of course, the coldness problem will go from bad to worse in a few weeks, a the heat intensifies. Kind of reminds me of the home construction horror stories on here (all 3000 of them), you really have to keep your guard up, or they will do something that a person with any knowledge at all, wouldn't do. Both places could be two of the best beer garden venues in the North. I was with a friend from Hua Hin, and he had been to Dayli before, and it was his idea to return. Money wasn't a big factor, he, too, had gotten very bad vibes on LK, and just didn't see any point in it....as he has outcall service in HH at a great price. I did take him to Santitham for the first time, and he was fascinated by it, from a real estate view point.

Edited by bangmai

I hope it will be like the old Blar Blar, but with a better beer selection. Serving only Chang was the biggest drawback to the place.

yes I agree use to put me of sometime going there,just at the thought of having to drinking chang.even though the food was good.

and, I'll third that. Went by there a number of times, and everything looked good, then I was informed it was Chang or nothing (maybe Large Heinekens for 115), and went right back to the Dayli. The quality of the Chang almost makes me hesitant to buy Singha which is pretty consistent, but not the best to do by the threes or fours.

Will not happen

it's easier to supervise at the bar,,,staff changes....20 thb used to get me one at a time..freezing cold...they even rotated through a big sub-zero freezer, which is now gone....just deduct ice from tip..maybe they will remember. Perhaps, if you could speak Thai like a four year old?????

Sorry slow response dont log in here often.......

Haha yeah thanks but I speak read & write Thai quite well I'm told smile.png

Not that it would matter as out of our group of 6 I am the only non native Thai

I only ask because beer there always seems flat/flatter than normal

Yes last time we were there they did in fact bring them one at a time after we asked not to open all at once & they did say they only open at the bar...

Still quite odd compared to anywhere else where every girl has a opener on their person...Supervise what? You buy a promo your billed period

Inventory less bills equal what should be there or you have a staff with sticky fingers problem

20baht tip?? 555 we would be embarrassed to offer/leave something that tiny facepalm.gif

Edited by mania

The large Tiger for 210 is a very good deal...especially since they'll keep them refrigerated while you drink them in succession. If you're a Chelsea fan, not a bad place to hang out.

I disagree,

T-bar is much nicer than Dayli, more and prettier serving girls.

Not to mention 4 large Tigers for 200bht sorry, 3 large for 150bht now.

Edited by MaeJoMTB