"Hey I was famous once".

sipi

Ok, so you never walked on the moon or had a number one rock song. But is there just a small chance that we have heard of you?

Did you feature in a '60's peanut butter advertisement? Did you once appear on "sale of the century"?

Sipi played cricket with Ian Healy for a few seasons, and a few other things. I was once the youngest assessor for boiler and load-shifting equipment in Australia, not much to be proud of.

So what is your claim to fame? Do we know you from somewhere?

The Duke of York came for lunch at my club.It was a formal lunch he was awarding a sailor of the club royal recognition for sailing singlehanded around the world non stop,.

I was alllowed to board Disney.s yacht and inspect it after a race. There is more but the wife says time to eat so got to go.

Ok, so you never walked on the moon or had a number one rock song. But is there just a small chance that we have heard of you?

Did you feature in a '60's peanut butter advertisement? Did you once appear on "sale of the century"?

Sipi played cricket with Ian Healy for a few seasons, and a few other things. I was once the youngest assessor for boiler and load-shifting equipment in Australia, not much to be proud of.

I've been on British TV for 3 programs that were repeated many times. Both daytime and for children. One was Playschool. I had a physically disabled daughter who went to a special school. One of the main presenters on the show used to visit the school regularly and tell stories to the younger classes. She took a shine to my daughter, who was very cheeky and photogenic. She spoke with the school principal, who, in turn contacted my wife and I. It turned out that the producers idea was to do a photo story and asked if we had any days out planned soon. As it was winter, we didn't, but we did attend our local swimming pool every week, so she decided to do that. They ended up making a film. This took around 8 hours, for just a 4 minute slot in the show. They filmed my family getting ready, me pretending to come home from work, then traveling to the pool, and swimming. They then filmed us going to the local fish and chip shop for supper.

The other time was a schools program made for the BBC educational programs. Again, my daughter was involved. She was the first child from her school to do proper work experience. She did this at another local swimming pool and leasure centre. They filmed her getting ready to go, me making her breakfast, and then her going by taxi to her placement and doing her days work, which was very varied.

Both of these were shown numerous times, but no one has yet asked me to audition for any big movie rolls yet.

My first marriage in Thailand was front page news in Pitsanulok.There was a picture of my wife and I on the front and the second page had 2 more pics and a story. Second wife destroyed all copies of newspaper I had kept. ha ha The pictures were from our wedding day.

Edited by lovelomsak

I've been on British TV for 3 programs that were repeated many times. Both daytime and for children. One was Playschool. I had a physically disabled daughter who went to a special school. One of the main presenters on the show used to visit the school regularly and tell stories to the younger classes. She took a shine to my daughter, who was very cheeky and photogenic. She spoke with the school principal, who, in turn contacted my wife and I. It turned out that the producers idea was to do a photo story and asked if we had any days out planned soon. As it was winter, we didn't, but we did attend our local swimming pool every week, so she decided to do that. They ended up making a film. This took around 8 hours, for just a 4 minute slot in the show. They filmed my family getting ready, me pretending to come home from work, then traveling to the pool, and swimming. They then filmed us going to the local fish and chip shop for supper.

The other time was a schools program made for the BBC educational programs. Again, my daughter was involved. She was the first child from her school to do proper work experience. She did this at another local swimming pool and leasure centre. They filmed her getting ready to go, me making her breakfast, and then her going by taxi to her placement and doing her days work, which was very varied.

Both of these were shown numerous times, but no one has yet asked me to audition for any big movie rolls yet.

Playschool.... Fond memories of BBC children's television, Bagpuss, The Clangers, Mr. Ben, Roobarb and Custard..... great programming

The clue is in the avatar.......I had my own TV series......RinTinTin smile.png

.He died in 1932

The original movie dog may have, but the TV series ran from 1954-59.

Are you that dog? No, so you are trolling - looking for a reaction through false information.Stop it or you will be reported.

Ummm..well Ive had a Number 1 song, but that counts for nothing here in Thailand, except for royalties that is lol

Ummm..well Ive had a Number 1 song, but that counts for nothing here in Thailand, except for royalties that is lol

I think you are allowed to name the song.

Havnt changed much then......

attachicon.gif35f8debae7d9d82016e1a2c6161fe88f.jpg

Hahaha yes that's the one, the TV version took almost a day to shoot, the mutt was not interested in my pants it wanted to lick my face and run around. I have some original stills of it, and at the end of the day ended up with sunburn according to my mum.

When I was 14 years old I was as only student invited to perform in the teacher's theater. My picture was in most of the local newspapers.

For weeks I had to miss many classes as I had to take part in all the rehearsals.

My role consisted of the word " Bonjour" after which the certain would close.

Other than that I made 16 times frontpage of the major newspapers, 6 times the 8 O'clock news and 4 times subject in popular reality programs in my own and foreign countries, because I was the organizer of a show that attracted thousands of spectators every weekend, but which was against the nanny state laws.

Edited by TheCruncher

When I was 14 years old I was as only student invited to perform in the teacher's theater. My picture was in most of the local newspapers.

For weeks I had to miss many classes as I had to take part in all the rehearsals.

Other than that I made 16 times frontpage of the major newspapers, 6 times the 8 O'clock news and 4 times subject in popular reality programs in my own and foreign countries, because I was the organizer of a show that attracted thousands of spectators every weekend, but which was against the nanny state laws.

Long time no see Delboy, hope your well? https://youtu.be/n0oloAmE4HE

Long time no see Delboy, hope your well? https://youtu.be/n0oloAmE4HE

Who's delboy?

Don't know about being "famous" however was lucky enough to be able to be involved with some famous people/events.........

-- Played football alongside Marvin Hinton (ex Chelsea FC) for about half a season when he was 42 and I was 35!! Not the youngest on the pitch, but we did well and at 42 he still had the "extra something".

-- Sailed the Americas Cup Challenge boat, KZ1, around Auckland harbour in 1989.

-- Appeared on TV with the Minister of Sport (NZ) when launching the "Coachcorp" programme for Sport and Recreation New Zealand and featured in the launch document.

-- Played a couple of games (just a "knockabout") of tennis with Steffi Graf in her farewell tour in 2000.

Once in a Judo squad that held the world record for non stop sponsored Judo - just over 24 hours. All to raise money for mentally handicapped. Early 70's.

Had my photo taken with Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and appeared on TV news and in the Hindu Newspaper - just before Time asked if she was the most corrupt politician in the world.

Had my photo taken with Prince Andrew, shaking hands and joking.

Appeared on British TV news at the front of a Chinese New Year dragon as part of local Kung <deleted> club - mid 80's.