Bangkok murder suspect Artur Segarra arrested in Cambodia

webfact

Ahhhh...the truth is being revealed and it looks as though there was a plan hatched to get the deceased mans money while the suspect was not planning it all by himself.

The GF is probably trying to save herself now from any incriminations and cooperate with the police while the Thai accomplice will more than likely just lie until he can not lie any more after realizing he can not get away with murder and be free to spend the money.

Cheers

I wonder if this assistant has helped in another chop up, the Shane Looker case comes to mind.

They might have nabbed the Butcher from Bangkok.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still do not believe any bull shit from the girl not knowing more , being told not to open freezer , etc , after the fact very dubious

Police don't believe her, they are looking at CCTV footage that shows her leaving a condo with the spaniard approx after the murder.

I was right that cambodian police would catch him, I think he was assited across the border by way of donation.

The Thai man, friend of the GF might be in deep trouble as well as the GF as I said before, it would be pretty hard to manouvre a corpse around on a motorbike single handed, this friend drove Artur to a ATM in his pickup, I suspect that's not the only place he drove him.

I think as this plays out we will see a really sick psyco spaniard and 2 Thai accomplaces.

Then there might be some other connections to possible drug dealings.

Glad the Cambodians got the sicko and the BIB are acting quite quickly. wai2.gif

I have a friend that supervised the building of his sailboat in Pattaya. He's retired and did it (everything) on the cheap.

He had an ancient Vespa scooter and picked up his sails and carried them across town on the scooter.

Said it looked EXACTLY like he was transporting a body, and expected to get pulled over, but nobody ever batted an eye.

all too quick.. my bet is he used a card at ATM in Cambodia.. that triggered an alert and gave his destination away.......never can understand why these folks who do these crimes dont have a better plan that gives them more time before the crime is discovered and have a defined escape plan that doesn't lay out a trail of breadcrumbs for the authorities to follow......he will no doubt have time to reflect on this over the next decade or so

On the earlier thread it was claimed he was caught after a Spanish couple recognized him eating in a Spanish restaurant and notified the Cambodian police.

For once I can say of the RTP, good job.

He was arrested in Cambodia presumably by the police there after he was recognised by locals and is detained in Cambodia.

Good job by the Thai police ?

Some people dont read the story and from that they then have to assume...

Good job of pointing that out NKK, before credit goes to the wrong group :)

Very Well Done Thai Police/Combodia Police...Much Respect...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Thank God..He did not escape to Law Less Europe...Where he would have given Immunity From Prosecution and His extradition to Thailand made impossible due to Death Penalty.

Europe loves criminals who has money. His plan to escape to Wild West Europe did not succeed. Well Done Thailand. Love you.

He probably paid someone to boat him across into Cambodia, no way he bribed the immigration to leave.

He has had help from many Thai's in the murder and cutting up the body and disposing of the parts, he also has had help from Thai's to flee Thailand.

He has connections with mafia here they will want him dead so he does not squeal, if I was him I would be a very worried man in jail.

At the risk of being ridiculed on this forum, I have to say that the Thai police did an excellent job on this case so far.

They sure did...They always do....Even today...Those who have escaped to Europe after committing crime in Thailand have not been prosecuted back home in Europe.

Look at all the ATM thieves from Europe. Why is Europe, so called the continent of democracy and freedom, not stopping them and allowing these scums to come to Asia?

Very few ATM skimmers are convicted in Europe.

Wow, boggle the minds, you hear bout those things happening in places far a way from here,

but now, all this is unfolding on our door steps, involving torture, murder, dismembering, lots of money and a

and a woman... makes for a good movie plot... if he found guilty, I hope that he will get what he deserve....

Nah, Hollywood's done that plot to death.

The latest Cambodia picture and the orignial ATM picture are so different, I don't think I would have recognised him unless he'd told me he was Spanish and on the run.

Well done Cambodian police, it's the 1st time hear that they actually do some work. There must have been the promise of a big reward.

all too quick.. my bet is he used a card at ATM in Cambodia.. that triggered an alert and gave his destination away.......never can understand why these folks who do these crimes dont have a better plan that gives them more time before the crime is discovered and have a defined escape plan that doesn't lay out a trail of breadcrumbs for the authorities to follow......he will no doubt have time to reflect on this over the next decade or so

On the earlier thread it was claimed he was caught after a Spanish couple recognized him eating in a Spanish restaurant and notified the Cambodian police.

That would be bad karma: hankering after some paella leads to 30 years of eating fish head soup-slop.

He was arrested in Cambodia presumably by the police there after he was recognised by locals and is detained in Cambodia.

Good job by the Thai police ?

Some people dont read the story and from that they then have to assume...

Good job of pointing that out NKK, before credit goes to the wrong group smile.png

The guy was eating in a spanish (really ?!?) restaurant in Sihanoukville and was recognized by two spaniards who alerted the police. Good acting by the Cambodians, but hardly any merit.

If further you read the story reported in more official sites than this forum, for example the spanish newspapers, you will see that the Thai police did, at least this time, a great job of liasing with other countries. They went from a few body parts in a filthy river to a full name and pictures of a main suspect within few days, I'd say I respect that.

I believe it was the Cambodian police who found and arrested him, not the BIB - and not the first time ,, maybe Thailand should employ Cambodian police to sort out the crime in Thailand

Spanish gruesome murder suspect arrested in Cambodia

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FsMueG55koXgEaqWERZETSC

BANGKOK: -- Spanish murder suspect Artur Segarra Princep was arrested last night by Cambodian police at Cambodia's famous beach resort town Kampong Som while trying to slip out by ship.

Cambodian police told Thai authorities that the 36-year-old suspect wanted in Thailand for the gruesome murder of his countryman David Bernat was arrested before midnight at a Cherry Happy foodshop at this famous resort town of Kampong Som or known as Sihanoukville.

He was trying to escape out of the country by sea, according to Cambodian authorities.

His Thai girlfriend Pritsana San-ubon confirmed the arrest of Mr Artur after she was shown by Thai authorities of the man arrested by Cambodian authorities.

Artur dressed in sports jacket, a blue Jean, wearing a dark glass and a sports shoe.

He was reported to be very exhausted upon his arrest last night.

A press conference will be held this morning by Cambodian police.

Artur was suspected by the police of murdering Spanish businessman David Bernat, chopping up his body in different parts and dumping them into the Chao Phraya river.

The suspect’s Thai girlfriend Pritsana has told the police in Surin province that the suspect came to stay with her at her house in Ban Nai in Tambon Sameong, Muang district of Surin since January 31 and left her house on Saturday. She however denied any involvement in the murder.

Earlier yesterday Pol Gen Panya Mamen, an advisor to the National Police Office, said that police were gathering evidences before asking the court for an arrest warrant for the suspect.

He said that police had the clues about the location where the victim was kept, killed and dismembered but he declined to elaborate.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149921

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-08

So on the run he goes to one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cambodia to hide out....smart move. There's many places he could of laid low pretty much undected.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Are you giving getaway advise to murderers !

"We'll make an arrest within 48 hours", the BiB proclaimed recently. Same last year with the Bangkok Bomber. But it seems that the BIB couldn't arrest a church mouse without the Cambodian Police. I hope they acknowledge this publicly and maybe give them an award, me thinks.....

"We'll make an arrest within 48 hours", the BiB proclaimed recently. Same last year with the Bangkok Bomber. But it seems that the BIB couldn't arrest a church mouse without the Cambodian Police. I hope they acknowledge this publicly and maybe give them an award, me thinks.....

Once he arrived on Cambodian soil it was out of the jurisdiction of the Thai police.

They obviously liased with the Cambodian authorities in order to get him arrested, so fair play to both of them.

Spanish gruesome murder suspect arrested in Cambodia

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FsMueG55koXgEaqWERZETSC

BANGKOK: -- Spanish murder suspect Artur Segarra Princep was arrested last night by Cambodian police at Cambodia's famous beach resort town Kampong Som while trying to slip out by ship.

Cambodian police told Thai authorities that the 36-year-old suspect wanted in Thailand for the gruesome murder of his countryman David Bernat was arrested before midnight at a Cherry Happy foodshop at this famous resort town of Kampong Som or known as Sihanoukville.

He was trying to escape out of the country by sea, according to Cambodian authorities.

His Thai girlfriend Pritsana San-ubon confirmed the arrest of Mr Artur after she was shown by Thai authorities of the man arrested by Cambodian authorities.

Artur dressed in sports jacket, a blue Jean, wearing a dark glass and a sports shoe.

He was reported to be very exhausted upon his arrest last night.

A press conference will be held this morning by Cambodian police.

Artur was suspected by the police of murdering Spanish businessman David Bernat, chopping up his body in different parts and dumping them into the Chao Phraya river.

The suspect’s Thai girlfriend Pritsana has told the police in Surin province that the suspect came to stay with her at her house in Ban Nai in Tambon Sameong, Muang district of Surin since January 31 and left her house on Saturday. She however denied any involvement in the murder.

Earlier yesterday Pol Gen Panya Mamen, an advisor to the National Police Office, said that police were gathering evidences before asking the court for an arrest warrant for the suspect.

He said that police had the clues about the location where the victim was kept, killed and dismembered but he declined to elaborate.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149921

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-02-08

What's up w/ that guy on the left?

Is his face permanently like that or does he expect a reward or what?

Weird.

Edited by jaywalker

sihanoukville is one of the first places i would be looking into if i were a thai cop.

idiot.

From start to finish the criminal "mastermind'' has acted like an idiot.

Transferring the money to an account in his name was moronic in the extreme.