can anybody help with this,advice needed.

Khon Kaen Dave

Early last month,i lost a friend to Cancer,he died in the Bangkok Hospital.He was a Pattaya resident for some years.He was taken into Hospital 4 days before he died.His brother flew from the UK and paid the Hospital 180,000 baht towards his treatment.he gave them a false address and departed the country early to avoid paying any more money.The family just didnt have it.My friends daughter came over and had him cremated and she tok the ashes back to the UK.She gave the Hospital her name & address and her E.mail.At no time did she say she would be responsible for paying for any future treatment and she signed nothing.The hospital is now on her case,sending her letters and E.mails every day with threats of court action.They wanted a further 3,000 pounds(GB) So far she has refused to pay.They have since reduced their fee,they say they are trying to be more reasonable.Personalty, i think it's because they know they are on a loser.

I have told her,that i doubt they would send someone over to the UK to Arrest her,and the furthest it might go,is a court hearing with her being in Asbsentia.I think she is home free,as long as she doesnt want to visit here again.

Can someone help me out here with some advice as to how she stand's.

Thanks in advance.

KKD

Yesterday you said "his friend" paid 500,000 baht but today it is down to 180,000 baht and a fraudulent address. So apparently family guaranteed payment but has hidden behind a false address to prevent contact until sister provided real contact information?

Yesterday you said "his friend" paid 500,000 baht but today it is down to 180,000 baht and a fraudulent address. So apparently family guaranteed payment but has hidden behind a false address to prevent contact until sister provided real contact information?

The actions of one family member do not engage the responsibility of another.

"I am not my brother's keeper."