Jomtien gas gone? Any good alternative for cooking gas?

MeaMaximaCulpa

It seems Jomtien Gas has gone or moved, does anybody know where to in the latter case?

Or can you recommend an alternative gas shop in and around the Pattaya area to refill a cylinder, good if easy to park outside.

Also, how much is the current price to refill (gas only) a 16 kg cylinder with cooking gas?

Thanks for your assistance!

Are you sure they're closed? I know that they have some random closing policy with the shutters down and a note in Thai. Last week, they were open after a 2-day 'closure' and the full range of stuff was still in there.

Either way, there's plenty of gas shops all over the place. Save yourself the driving/parking rigmarole by asking at a restaurant local to your home where they get their gas from. You will get a phone number for their gas bottler and the next time you run out, just call them and they will deliver to your door.

Edited by NanLaew

Thanks to johng for the added info.

I got down to Jomtien today, and lo and behold Jomtien Gas was open! So I was probably just unlucky with the timing before, perhaps they had a long wedding or family thing on.

I paid 360 for a 16 kg cylinder of good quality, not worth to argue over that. This gas will probably last us for a year or so, since we also use electricity for cooking.

That concludes this thread, so mods can close it if they so wish.

Thanks!

MMC