PM Prayut bolsters mosquito fighting campaign

webfact

PM bolsters mosquito fighting campaign

mos.jpg

Bangkok, 9 February 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has promoted the government’s mosquito combating campaign and voiced a desire to see ASEAN wide cooperation to stem disease transmitting insects.

Ahead of the day’s Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha took part in a campaign to eradicate mosquitoes organized by the Disease Control Department of the Ministry of Public Health. He called on all relevant agencies to ensure the public is made aware of the threat of mosquitoes and the diseases they can spread, especially in the southern region where due to a large amount of rubber farms, mosquitoes are able to thrive.

Pointing out that the ASEAN region is mostly tropical; the premier said he wants to see regional cooperation to eliminate mosquitoes.

The Disease Control Department has reported that in 2016 it expects 166 thousand people to contract dengue fever. To cut the number it is utilizing the Civil State philosophy to combine the efforts of the public and private sector. The department has created a campaign titled “3 clean ups, 3 diseases” calling for all citizens to clean their homes, garbage and water sources to protect themselves from dengue fever, the Zika virus and Chikungunya.

The department is also introducing a new application to help educate the public on how to eradicate mosquitoes.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-09 footer_n.gif

1.8 million Baht wasted to decorate a meeting last Friday attendened by the General.....

How many homes would that have paid for to be mozzie free?, how much would that have saved the Thai health service?

And the most important thing, how many lives could have that have saved General?

Make a public statement tonight stating that no further meetings for the military junta must be flower and decoration free!

My father in law always put trash cans under the corners of the gutter when it rains, to catch the water that spills-over (there are down-spouts but they lack the capacity to handle downpours, so there's always over-flow).

I don't know why he wants to collect this water as it's usually greenish-gray from the bird droppings and other grime that accumulates on the roof. Then the buckets sit there for days and collect mosquito larvae and I finally dump it into the sewer. It's almost looks like he's trying to farm mosquitoes on purpose.

"The department is also introducing a new application to help educate the public on how to eradicate mosquitoes"

A certain Army General said of the GT200 that they "have been proven effective in the armies operations in the past" so all that is needed now is to dust a few off, pop in a "mosquito" sensor card and...............................problem solved

gt-200-what+it+can+do.jpg

While on Samui last I got bitten badly, it was not until I left and put 2 & 2 together, the hotel had been overrun by cats, many kind people had put out food and water for the cats as I recall many of dishes of water had turned stagnant green so I suppose these could be breading ground for the mosquitoes, good house keeping by the hotel would have reduced the problem.

While on Samui last I got bitten badly, it was not until I left and put 2 & 2 together, the hotel had been overrun by cats, many kind people had put out food and water for the cats as I recall many of dishes of water had turned stagnant green so I suppose these could be breading ground for the mosquitoes, good house keeping by the hotel would have reduced the problem.

Could have been cat fleas.

Similar red marks and itching.

Could have been cat fleas.

Similar red marks and itching.

There are differences between flea and Mosquito bite, flea tend to bite low down, I was bitten all over.

"The department is also introducing a new application to help educate the public on how to eradicate mosquitoes"

A certain Army General said of the GT200 that they "have been proven effective in the armies operations in the past" so all that is needed now is to dust a few off, pop in a "mosquito" sensor card and...............................problem solved

gt-200-what+it+can+do.jpg

Ashame there is no "golf ball" or "farang with fat wallet" card but you will note the latter is gradually being eradicated to make room for the comrades from the north who dont question their governments activities and have been trained foĺlow lityle coloured flags without thinking.

As for Prayuts experience to fight off mosquitos, who is more familiar with the tactics of annoying little pests where, when you finally think you have got rid of them, they sneak up and attack while your guard is down.

I blame the farangs. A study has shown that overweight people are a greater target for muzzles as they emit a stronger scent and more carbon dioxide. Beer drinkers also as they have a warmer body tempered and emit a scent attractive to muzzles. Have a clamp down on pot bellied, bare chested, beer swilling farangs and problem solved.

especially in the southern region where due to a large amount of rubber farms, mosquitoes are able to thrive

Never heard this before. Anyone know why this is?

I think it is from the cups or beakers used to collect the sap in the rainy season water pools in them and excellent breeding for the mozzies,

Why do i have a vision of our wonderful PM,dressed in white,hopping and skipping through the wood's of a large house surrounded by high walls with electric wire on top.He is carrying a butterfly net,and is being watched by gentlemen, in tweed suits with clip boards.

LSD?