Krungthai Bank to shut down e-banking services this coming weekend

Krungthai Bank to shut down e-banking services this coming weekend

BANGKOK:-- Krungthai Bank will carry out essential maintenance on its electronic banking system resulting in the suspension of a number of services this weekend.

Services affected include all ATMs, ADMs, all electronic card transactions, interbank transfers and Visa money transfers.

These services will be unavailable from 12:30am on Saturday (Feb 13) to 4:30pm on Sunday (Feb 14).

Source: http://www.tnamcot.com/content/399641

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-10

How long will it take until these guys get to international standards?

How long will it take for this and other banks to get to basis entry level in banking - ensure all documents are signed and stamped by their tellers, let alone install IT systems which are at least entry level current globally?

How long will it take for these banks to stop asking customers to sign blank documents, often written in Thai and with no English whatever on the document?

How long will it take for one bank to stop telling prospective customers that they only have savings account applications forms in Thai language (which is not true) because English language documents are illegal in Thailand? Why do they do this? Because they are too lazy to go to another cupboard to get the English language version. And when will some banks stop telling new customers that it's now compulsory by Thai law for all savings accounts to have an ATM card?

How long will it take until these guys get to international standards?

Krung Thai is a government bank and has no internet banking nor related saving accounts.

Also a dinosaurus. You want foreign investors? Get your act together.

I wished I know what goes through the minds of the board of directors.

Krung Thai is a government bank and has no internet banking nor related saving accounts.

I just logged onto ktbnetbank.com and I can see the 3 debit card transactions I did today were at 15:26, 16:17, and 18:12. So they do have internet banking and their card processing has worked fine for me today.

And slightly tangential, this week I had a $50k+ transaction which requires the BOT “extra verification”, so they simply emailed me a filled out foreign exchange transaction form and asked me to send it back signed + signed copy of my passport.