Does air pollution where you live in Thailand concern you?

Jingthing

I think homes with air-conditioning should pay an additional THB10,000 per month per installed unit for electric

Also, cars and fuel should be taxed at a much higher rate

55555555 Thailand got tallent starting soon 5555 comedian 555555
English teacher?

555555 see you have it by way no not English teacher Thai Teacher.

55555555 indeed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not at all. I live in Bangkok, and I have less issues from air quality here than I did in London.

I think people just assume the air quality is bad here, because it's Thai air - and anything Thai is a bit dirty, right?

I live in Naklua behind the Centura Grand Mirage. Usually the air is quite good here out on the point with strong ocean breeze. I go into Pattaya and ny chest just hurts and tightens up. They've been <deleted> it up big time for a long time now. Burning and not mulching or composting.

I'll stay as long as it's fun. I like Thailand. As long as they don't run out of Jet Fuel everything is AOK.

Nope, not at all. I live in Bangkok, and I have less issues from air quality here than I did in London.

I think people just assume the air quality is bad here, because it's Thai air - and anything Thai is a bit dirty, right?

I believe it does exist because if I hang clothes on my balcony after a couple of days there is a thin layer of black dust on them and I guess our lungs are full of it by now anyway....

Bangkok have street level pollution, but in a high rise building the air relative clean. I often have 10 km or more visibility from my unit.

I've lived nineteen floors up in the centre and I can assure your the air is just as dirty there as it is at street level. It gets cleaner however once you get over the 4,000 feet level, I calculate therefore you must live on the 440th floor or higher, which building is that then!

certainly, breathing some nasty stuff daily from tuk tuks and old motorbikes.

i do a lot of walking and at least a couple times daily have to hold my breathe due to very strong visible fumes.

grew up in big cities in the west like sf, nyc and la so im no lightweight when it comes to pollution.

its really bad here due to lack of regulation and no controls on polluting vehicles, but i guess thats the price we pay for freedom over here.

but i guess thats the price we pay for freedom over here.

I've heard others talk about the "freedom" we have over here, but I'll be damned if I know what they're referring to.

I've never felt more restricted anywhere else in the world.

Freedom from air pollution regulations certainly isn't doing anybody any good.

Edited by curtklay

Bangkok have street level pollution, but in a high rise building the air relative clean. I often have 10 km or more visibility from my unit.

I've lived nineteen floors up in the centre and I can assure your the air is just as dirty there as it is at street level. It gets cleaner however once you get over the 4,000 feet level, I calculate therefore you must live on the 440th floor or higher, which building is that then!

Everything is relative, even pristine rural areas have pollution, natural or man made, but unless you have been to China you haven't really seen the worst of man made pollution. I once stayed at the 14th floor at a hotel in Beijing and I could NOT see the street below.

When I can see 10+ km horizontal and white clouds on a deep blue sky, I consider the air clean enough for my lungs.

I believe it does exist because if I hang clothes on my balcony after a couple of days there is a thin layer of black dust on them and I guess our lungs are full of it by now anyway....

The black dust you describe, could be tyre dust. If you live close or maybe even down-wind from one of the expressways your balcony does slowly gets covered in tiny rubber particles from tyre dusts.

It think it's hilarious the way people think more rigorous regulations will solve anything.

The regulations here are not that different than the are in most of the west.

I walk around downtown and it generally does not bother me at all.

Again, the air in Bangkok seems much better to me than it did ten years ago.

Some times I looked forward to live in Bangkok but if you have kids, it is really a bad place for their health.

Every time we go to Bangkok for some days and come back to our home we all have 1-2 days a cough and are a bit sick.

Seems the body doesn't assimilate so quick.

The fine dust particles must be plenty.

Edited by Gutenberg

No pollution does not concern me but the radiation being pumped in to the ocean and air by Japan should concern us all ,forget longer life spans we will all be dying earlier .

Not only Japan USA/UK/India all so called 2st and emerging countries do it China worst of all