Pilot protest forces Nok Air to cancel nine flights

webfact

Its a lie - no way are piolets striking because of more checks to aviation, if anything theyd be glad as they are safer, and its nothing to do with a pilot anyway, its ground team and technical checks, so nothing about pilots and safety standards.

If anything at all - it will be pure and simple = THEY WANT MORE MONEY!

Pilots under inspection as well, of course...

http://www.pressreader.com/thailand/bangkok-post/20151203/281479275340295/TextView

"He said Thailand was in the process of reissuing certifications to 28 airlines that fly internationally, as well as inspecting the licences of more than 2,300 pilots to comply with standards set out by the ICAO."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the PM has nothing to say about this. This is another blow against Thailand. I love it here but no respect for the law or the countries tourist. How many of these tourist or there families will ever come back to Thailand! Pilots do not want drug and alcohol testing!

So these Pilots made surfer all these passengers to demand something on their favor?

Just fire them if thats the case, there are plenty of pilots looking for jobs. What ever their cause is why should ordinary passengers suffer???

I just found this from a foreign source:

A flight of the Thai company City Airways from Don Muang to Hong Kong with 160 passengers was not allowed to start due to safety concerns on Saturday. According to Thai Civil Aviation Authority (CAAT) a deadline expired without result on Friday.

CAAT chief Chula Sukmanop said it was unsafe to fly with City Airways, hence the flight had not been allowed to take off to Hong Kong.

In addition the CAAT found that the airline has not yet settled outstanding invoices, solely with aircraft leasing companies, there should be unpaid bills worth 36 million baht. Some pilot 'salaries are also not yet been paid. The quality of maintenance work is questioned. The security flaws are that one or more co pilots did not keep the rest periods and the company employed flight attendants without training.

Coincidence?

My information may be incorrect or slightly out of date but Thailand is one of the few countries where a pilot's licence can be granted without ever having taken off or landed in the dark or in the rain .

There are hundreds of pilots in Thailand who do not have the correct licence to fly outside of Thai air space .

The incident years ago in Koh Samui where the aircraft crashed into the tower was one example of when a pilot landed on a wet runway having never done so before.

Yes, I have had some very disturbing (informal) conversations with airline pilots about various Thai airlines....... - but this isn't a new situation and one wonders why it suddenly is an issue......any new regs would have been seen coming for some time....as said it leaves more questions than answers.....

Too be fair,

I was 1 km from the airport during that incident,

on a motorcycle and bone dry

it was not very wet,

it was not raining,

But it was WINDY AS HELL, with a crosswind the ATR-72 didn't handle well.

It lifted the left wing up and when he corrected he went off angle.

It was not particularly because of rain on the tarmac.

The ATR series can handle massive crosswinds with no problem if flown properly. The accident on Samui had to due, as I have read, with a failure mode on the prop control system that led to an assymetrical thrust codition that sent the aircraft off the runway and into the Tower at a radical angle.

pilots in Thailand can not even calculate a drift, can not demonstrate and recover from a stall.

their flight schools don't teach them at icao standards.

they don't know what is a minimum descent altitude, or a go around. go missed approach is not in their vocabulary.

even holding entries is mystery to most of them.

ils approach mean they go down until they see something.

they don't follow the glide.

last time I was on an airbus, very slow approach.. I could feel the plane shacking due to stall speed. it took at least 20 seconds for the pilot to add a little of speed.

in aviation, speed and altitude are your best friends.

Edited by papayasalad

If these "pilots" are striking because of 'Safety Upgrades To International Standards',

then they are themselves part of the problem and need to be removed from the workforce,

and blackballed from the industry.

And good pilot worth his license should be 100% Pro-Safety without fail.

Any one not, should not be flying passengers commercially.

Pilots don't strike over too much safety but lack of it, period. Unbelievable how one sided press can fool so many so often.

The wife and I flew on NOK AIR recently from Chiang Mai-Udon Thani-Chiang Mai and it was was a very safe and pleasant flight. With any airline you can have an good or unpleasant experience. I don't know and at this point nobody else it seems knows what this problem arose from.

pilots in Thailand can not even calculate a drift, can not demonstrate and recover from a stall.

their flight schools don't teach them at icao standards.

they don't know what is a minimum descent altitude, or a go around. go missed approach is not in their vocabulary.

even holding entries is mystery to most of them.

ils approach mean they go down until they see something.

they don't follow the glide.

last time I was on an airbus, very slow approach.. I could feel the plane shacking due to stall speed. it took at least 20 seconds for the pilot to add a little of speed.

in aviation, speed and altitude are your best friends.

Rubbish

Its a lie - no way are piolets striking because of more checks to aviation, if anything theyd be glad as they are safer, and its nothing to do with a pilot anyway, its ground team and technical checks, so nothing about pilots and safety standards.

If anything at all - it will be pure and simple = THEY WANT MORE MONEY!

Perhaps also add: ... surely any pilot would be very happy to have an opportunity to add another 'certification' to his/her CV and especially at no personal monetary cost.

Edited by scorecard

If these "pilots" are striking because of 'Safety Upgrades To International Standards',

then they are themselves part of the problem and need to be removed from the workforce,

Pilots don't strike over too much safety but lack of it, period. Unbelievable how one sided press can fool so many so often.

Bingo! Like I said before, people are quick to side with a CEO without question because he has the easiest access to a microphone. The CEO handbook, item 1, Chapter 1 (being facetious) says to get in front of microphones as early as possible and spread a uniform layer of BS. Then the cows will follow.

Bingo! Like I said before, people are quick to side with a CEO without question because he has the easiest access to a microphone. The CEO handbook, item 1, Chapter 1 (being facetious) says to get in front of microphones as early as possible and spread a uniform layer of BS. Then the cows will follow.

A lifetime ago, back home, I had a carrer advocating for transportation safety. The corporate media would have none of it until a crash caused nearly 50 lives then all of a sudden they are asking "How could this have happened". More than one reporter I dealt with ended up in a company PR dept.

This is an expensive (they prefer the word boutique) airline, not a bucket airline (as they fly certain exclusive routes without competition).

But judging by last weeks near miss, the pilots may not be following proper protocol.

They may have avoided hitting the hospital building on an aborted landing (hurrah!) but they should never have been in that position in the first place...... It may have been foggy but if they had been paying attention to their ILS, and followed proper procedure at the decision height (go around if you cant see the landing environement), they would never have found themselves so far off course and heading towards a buidling at landing......

Edited by JulianLS

Normally, when there is a pilot strike, it involves their union, all pilots of the airline are striking and the strike is announced beforehand. A unannounced "strike of 4-5" is not a strike, but a walk-out, immediate dismissal should be the solution.

No idea what's going on, but the typical German cry for Law and Order.

Normally, when there is a pilot strike, it involves their union, all pilots of the airline are striking and the strike is announced beforehand. A unannounced "strike of 4-5" is not a strike, but a walk-out, immediate dismissal should be the solution.

No idea what's going on, but the typical German cry for Law and Order.

troll boy, or, if you like this better: troll bubi